The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work & Isolation [SEEK ADVICE]

Anything related to matters of the mind

NF-

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 1, 2023
I'd like to begin by expressing my admiration for this forum. I've already gleaned valuable advice from this community, and I'm truly grateful to all of you.

As for the topic at hand...For quite some time, I've grappled with a sense of not quite fitting in. My values, moral compass, and overall perspective on life often diverge from the mainstream, and while I wholeheartedly embrace these differences, it can be a lonely experience. Particularly in my twenties, I've observed that many individuals my age tend to follow fairly predictable paths, often gravitating toward hookup culture and indulging in frequent drinking. Let me clarify that I have nothing against these choices, but they've never quite resonated with me.

From a young age, around 10 years old, I was passionately immersed in music and crafting my own compositions. During my teenage years, my dedication shifted towards the world of Boxing and MMA, where I even competed at a national level. In my late teens, I became deeply involved in powerlifting, achieving national recognition and success. By the time I turned 20, my focus transitioned towards my career and financial stability, leading me to pivot away from my long-standing career in construction. I decided to leverage my expertise and became a trainer, which, while I excel in, I recognize doesn't necessarily align with a fast-track approach to financial success.

Over the course of three years, I honed my skills and knowledge in the training industry. However, as I grow older, I find myself increasingly disconnected from the world around me. I'm capable of socializing, and I'm not disliked, but there's a palpable lack of deep connection with others. This isolation might have been exacerbated by a breakup a few months ago (an outcome I initiated). I've experienced bouts of depression but strive to keep pushing forward, as life doesn't pause to allow me to heal. In essence, I feel adrift and alone in my quest for purpose and financial freedom, and lately, nothing seems to ignite my excitement. Additionally, I'm grappling with a growing discomfort in solitude and sleep eludes me.

Any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
nothing seems to ignite my excitement
Most likely you are chasing the external happiness vs creating the happiness itself.

Noone around you is as interested in changing their lives as you are. Most likely, you want to also have an impact on the world that will last.

So go ahead and do that. Your best bet is to aim for high relative value and CENTS. Most likely it means that you will have to 80% invent hardware, or 20% go for some highly specific SaaS.

Ask yourself "what's there in 50 years that humans would still want if I didn't create it" and create it.

Now you have no excuses. Go and do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.