- Joined
- Jun 8, 2013
- Messages
- 477
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 156%
So, I've started writing my first fiction series (obviously inspired by Held for Ransom
) and, I've really been amazed.
I've never written anything like this before, and I can count on one hand how many fiction books I've read. But, I'm just in love with the process so far. I wake up thinking about this book and I'm going to bed thinking about it. I really had zero clue I would enjoy writing like this.
Anyway, as many authors, bloggers, and content creators do, naturally, I started with an outline and plotted each scene - much like a storyboard. However, even with prepping properly, I'm still finding that I'm only putting out 2000-3000 words a day (writing full time) - usually because I overlook subtle details in the scene, or I have to stop to figure out how to word/describe a sentence to convey the right emotions, or I'm finding that the writing takes on a life of it's own as the scene plays out in my mind, like a movie.
How many words per day are you guys/girls getting and what things help you get the most out of your scenes while maintaining efficiency?
I've never written anything like this before, and I can count on one hand how many fiction books I've read. But, I'm just in love with the process so far. I wake up thinking about this book and I'm going to bed thinking about it. I really had zero clue I would enjoy writing like this.
Anyway, as many authors, bloggers, and content creators do, naturally, I started with an outline and plotted each scene - much like a storyboard. However, even with prepping properly, I'm still finding that I'm only putting out 2000-3000 words a day (writing full time) - usually because I overlook subtle details in the scene, or I have to stop to figure out how to word/describe a sentence to convey the right emotions, or I'm finding that the writing takes on a life of it's own as the scene plays out in my mind, like a movie.
How many words per day are you guys/girls getting and what things help you get the most out of your scenes while maintaining efficiency?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
