The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction and Tips for Getting Over Anxiety

Anything related to matters of the mind

Justin Henderson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 18, 2023
Hey all,

This is my first actual post, so apologies if this has been talked about before. I tried searching for results but could not find anything on this forums.

I would like to try and avoid a big wall of text, but I'll introduce myself first since I haven't done so yet (mostly just lurked these past few months). I'm an aviation student currently working on my commercial pilot licence, and besides studying for that, I found I lacked any real interests or ambitions. However, I read millionaires fastlane in the beginning of 2023, and have found my lifestyle has completely changed from just letting time pass to wanting to maximize my time and efforts into something useful. Regardless if anything happens from it, I am glad to say I have begun coding for an idea I had after reading fastlane and unscripted. Despite the days where I want to pull my hairs out, it feels good to solve issues and generally improve on a skill that I had doubts on before starting. So thank you (both MJ demarco and the rest of this forum) for that!

But the main reason I made this post was to see how you guys handle anxiety and stress. These past few weeks have been very tough. Near the end of February, my car from my last service did not have its hood latch properly set by the mechanic, and the next day while driving my hood flew up and destroyed my windshield,fenders, and a little bit of me (and my wallet), along with leaving a huge hassle of insurance calls, appointments, etc. While still having to deal with this, I also had an accident in the shower which resulted in a shattered neck last Saturday. Because of this, I found a lot of my habits (coding, studying, general self improvement) have begun to go out the window, and what has replaced it is nothing but gloomy anxiety and fear for the future. This is less of a rant about how tough things are, as I am recovering quickly and there doesn't seem to be any long term problems, so I have to consider the positive aspects in all of this. However, it has put not only a stall on my newfound entrepreneur project, but in my daily life, as I've begun to fear driving, flying and other irrational ideas. I really want to beat this funk, so I've begun reading books on how to deal with anxiety and stress,along with reaching out to therapy, but I figured asking on here would be a good idea too!

Sorry again for the long post, I hope I put it in the proper topic and all! Apologies if there are any issues with my post! Thanks again for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
1. Go to the gym and lift weights, do cardio and go in the sauna.

2. Take supplements like GABA, Ashwaganda.

3. Eliminate sugar, alcohol and processed foods from your diet.

4. Meditate and journal.

Justin Henderson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 18, 2023
1. Go to the gym and lift weights, do cardio and go in the sauna.

2. Take supplements like GABA, Ashwaganda.

3. Eliminate sugar, alcohol and processed foods from your diet.

4. Meditate and journal.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! Just had a few questions about the supplements. I'm not too familiar with this stuff, should I consult with my doctor before taking any of these?

Also the sugar and processed foods are very true... I have to admit I begun ordering a little too much pizza since this all happened.

Thanks again for the reply Socaldude!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm not too familiar with this stuff, should I consult with my doctor before taking any of these?

Yeah, consult with your doctor, this is not medical advice.

I take them with no side effects but it might be more complicated if you are taking medications.

I begun ordering a little too much pizza since this all happened.

Yeah, diet is a big part. Do the opposite of what your anxiety is driving you to do.

Your brain and nervous system is basically off-kilter. This is really a case of taking care of your physical and mental health.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
Hey all,

This is my first actual post, so apologies if this has been talked about before. I tried searching for results but could not find anything on this forums.

I would like to try and avoid a big wall of text, but I'll introduce myself first since I haven't done so yet (mostly just lurked these past few months). I'm an aviation student currently working on my commercial pilot licence, and besides studying for that, I found I lacked any real interests or ambitions. However, I read millionaires fastlane in the beginning of 2023, and have found my lifestyle has completely changed from just letting time pass to wanting to maximize my time and efforts into something useful. Regardless if anything happens from it, I am glad to say I have begun coding for an idea I had after reading fastlane and unscripted. Despite the days where I want to pull my hairs out, it feels good to solve issues and generally improve on a skill that I had doubts on before starting. So thank you (both MJ demarco and the rest of this forum) for that!

But the main reason I made this post was to see how you guys handle anxiety and stress. These past few weeks have been very tough. Near the end of February, my car from my last service did not have its hood latch properly set by the mechanic, and the next day while driving my hood flew up and destroyed my windshield,fenders, and a little bit of me (and my wallet), along with leaving a huge hassle of insurance calls, appointments, etc. While still having to deal with this, I also had an accident in the shower which resulted in a shattered neck last Saturday. Because of this, I found a lot of my habits (coding, studying, general self improvement) have begun to go out the window, and what has replaced it is nothing but gloomy anxiety and fear for the future. This is less of a rant about how tough things are, as I am recovering quickly and there doesn't seem to be any long term problems, so I have to consider the positive aspects in all of this. However, it has put not only a stall on my newfound entrepreneur project, but in my daily life, as I've begun to fear driving, flying and other irrational ideas. I really want to beat this funk, so I've begun reading books on how to deal with anxiety and stress,along with reaching out to therapy, but I figured asking on here would be a good idea too!

Sorry again for the long post, I hope I put it in the proper topic and all! Apologies if there are any issues with my post! Thanks again for reading!
You deal with anxiety by doing what you need to do…

You have it because either

A) you have unrealistic expectations about reality

B) you’re not doing what you should and can do with the situation you’re in

TimoS.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 10, 2022
Hey all,

Hey maybe my way of dealing with this can help you

Firstly you want to really understand your negative thoughts. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and start writing. Anything that comes to mind. How you felt after you accident, why you fear the future, how you want to act, (...)

You are not your thoughts. So have a distant view of them (meditation will help you to be more mindful of your thoughts)

Then its important that you realize that you are the only one responsible for your future. Maybe you are frustrated about all the things that happened but still you are responsible with how you deal with it. Do you let your anxiety and fear stop you from working towards a better future?

Nobody can give you a step by step guide to overcome your fears. You have to figure that out for yourself. But I truly believe that you can do it. Your future self will be proud if you don't let these negative thoughts stop you. You got it!

Best regards!

Justin Henderson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jan 18, 2023

Firstly you want to really understand your negative thoughts. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and start writing. Anything that comes to mind. How you felt after you accident, why you fear the future, how you want to act, (...)

You are not your thoughts. So have a distant view of them (meditation will help you to be more mindful of your thoughts)

Then its important that you realize that you are the only one responsible for your future. Maybe you are frustrated about all the things that happened but still you are responsible with how you deal with it. Do you let your anxiety and fear stop you from working towards a better future?

Nobody can give you a step by step guide to overcome your fears. You have to figure that out for yourself. But I truly believe that you can do it. Your future self will be proud if you don't let these negative thoughts stop you. You got it!

Best regards!

Best regards!
Hey TimoS,

Thanks for the lengthy response! I'll give writing it down a shot, and looking at it from a more logical perspective, as opposed to a personal perspective!

You bring up really good points. In my mind I know I can't get a clear guide on how to improve, and ultimately its up to me to find my path for it. Its a tough pill to swallow when reading the truth, but its something I have to hear. A small part of me just wants it to solve itself with minimal effort, but by the end of the day its up to me.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the kind words and even greater advice!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.