The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will affiliating help me learn about fastlane business

fierce86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2011
I want to get some immediate ( like 6 months- 1 yr) income through affiliating so I can learn more about it, be able to rent out my own place and live on my own. My ultimate goal now is to have a fastlane businessness but I don't know if it would just deter from my ultimate goal to get into affiliating. Would it speed up my learning for fastlane business creation or help? I think it would help to some extent but it would slow me down if I had like 6 or 7 products each making 1000 a month instead of a final fastlane product that would potentially make 6 figs a month. Am I thinking too short term for instant gratification with affiliating? I'm also thinking of just selling cars for a year so I have initial startup money for a fastlane business. I think my parents my give me up to 2 thousand if they see I'm serious about it though so I dont' know if wasting time workign would be the best thing...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Read up heavily on SEO if you want to get your foot in the door and some valuable experience to boot.

fierce86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2011
Hey thanks Scuderia I owe you one. I'll still learn AM basics but I'll focus on product or service creation. I was also too focused on getting something instead of creating value like you. Whatever we make has to be good quality and offer real value. I don't know if I agree about learning ruby on the rails programming though. I think Id rather throw down a couple thousand for a programmer if I had too or partner up with someone who knows how to do it, to save time. Maybe if I bring my digital art skills to the table someone else can bring programming skills. I also just left college and burnt the bridges. =)

I don't know if its worth making a bunch of small simple products though like info products dvds and getting like 1000 a month from each or if its better to go for the homerun and have one major money tree like limos.com . AM stresses you need several products but fastlane millionaire says focus on one. I would feel more comfortable doing one really good one because how good of a quality service can you provide if it took 4 weeks to make.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fierce86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2011
I feel so much resistance to making an information product or any product really ( if the goal is to make several and only put in like 4 weeks of time to generate lots of income streams).
For instance " learn how to cook italian food" or something. It's like why would someone want to buy my product when I'm competing with people who have done something for their whole lives and have multimmillion dollar companies dedicated to it. How am I going to compete with them in creating a product with better quality and generate more traffic than them if it's just a 4 week or even 3 month project?
Maybe I'm not supposed to compete with them because I have a very specific subniche and I'm not looking to make as much money as them. ..

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
You can "borrow" authority. If you want to do a book on learn how to cook italian food, see if you can contact local chefs or use friends that are good cooks to preview the book and make comments, use their comments in your sales pitch. Also, take the slant of "I am a lot like you, I don't have the fancy ovens, the spice rack with 100 different spices, and an unlimited budget for ingredients, I just love to cook italian food, and my cookbook is all about cooking like that....."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.