The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why you might as well just give up...

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
For the past year and a half of helping motivate people to chase their dreams, I decided to switch up my approach... Disclaimer: By reading past this line, you take full responsibility and accountability for your own actions and what happens to you as a result of them.

Are you willing to do whatever it takes to reach your goals?

Quit the self-pity, get rid of the excuses, stop giving a **** what others tell you that you can or cannot do, and just DO IT ALREADY.

You know what you have to do, so JUST DO IT ALREADY.

The world is yours for the taking. Reach out and grab it.

Think of all those times you didn't act on your dreams because you're too busy living in a ****ing fairy tail land thinking they were going to be handed to you. THEY'RE NOT.

Just think how pathetic your life will be in 10 years if you keep doing what you've been doing.

Nobody is going to come and drop it on your lap, so quit waiting to be saved. The world could give two shits about you, so it's time to develop some personal responsibility.

Guess what, when you realize that YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for where you are, and where you are going in life, your past doesn't matter, your excuses don't matter, and what others say (or do) doesn't matter and you're only left with one thing in this world that will ever be holding you back...

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.

YOU are responsible for the results you get in your life and nobody else.

I don't give a **** about your excuses because they don't ******* matter.

There are two possible outcomes for you here:

1. You grow the **** up, start doing the things you need to do to get where you want to go in life, or

2. You might as well give up now before you waste your time and the time of those around you.

You're like a ******* 3 year old who is waiting for permission from their parents before they get up and do something. You don't have mommy to run off and cry to anymore when your feelings are hurt so you make the closest person possible your emotional ****** and are waiting for them to throw you a pity-party.

JUST ******* DO IT.

If you’re not taking the action you need to take to get it done by now, you obviously don't want it bad enough.

Oh, you don't know where to start and you're waiting for someone to hold your hand? You might as well just give up...

I would sleep in my car and go homeless if it meant making my goals possible. Seriously.

How bad do you really want it? Obviously not bad enough for else you'd be working towards your dreams right now.

This is the ONLY way...I repeat... the ONLY WAY to get what you want in life...

Set a goal that is so ****ing strong that you will die in order to achieve it, and RUN FULL SPEED TOWARDS IT.

Oh, you're scared? Nobody gives a ****...GIVE UP if you're not willing to do what it takes.

You might get rejected or fail along the way? GOOD. Run through that rejection and failure to your goal...or GIVE UP NOW and never live the life you want to live.

Stop blaming those limiting beliefs, fears, excuses, OTHER PEOPLE, or what youv'e done in the past...because none of that matters.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYTHING OF THIS LIFE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF AND YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW. Nothing else matters.

I swear to ***, if I hear another bull**** excuses out of your mouth or you tell me you're doing anything except running full speed towards your goals and destroying your old self in the process.... you might as well just give up because you obviously don't have what it takes.

If what you've been doing so far doesn't work... DO SOMETHING ELSE. And that “something else” that you're supposed to do is probably the thing that scares you the most.

People told you this would be easy, and they are full of bull****. That "copy and paste formula" or "step-by-step handbook for success" DOES NOT EXIST.

If you hide and quiver in your comfort zone your whole life, you're never going to break free.

Do you know with 100% certainty EXACTLY what to do in order to be successful in your life?

If the answer to that question is NO, it is because the answer lays in THE UNKNOWN....And guess where you're going to have to venture if you don't know how to do something...INTO THE UNKNOWN.

Get off your ***, run into the unknown and do whatever it ****ing takes to reach your dreams.

Oh, things didn't work out in the past? WHO CARES?

That's just a ****ing excuse.

You have it harder than others?

Good, so you might as well give up, because nobody cares.

The only thing that matters in this life is what you DO. Save the excuses for your mommy so she can tell you a nice bedtime story and make you feel better.

You and I both know by this point that there is only NOW and NOW is the time to make shit happen.

Are you making progress towards your goals at this very second? Or should you just give up?

YOU’RE NOT A SPECIAL CASE

For every time you think you have it bad in life, somebody else has it 100 times worse. Seriously.

In your mind right now you think you have it bad… once again, nobody cares and NOBODY IS GOING TO DO A **** THING ABOUT IT.

The only way to make things work is to DO THEM YOURSELF.

There are two types of people in this world.

The ones that get **** done, and the ones that make every single excuse why they can’t…

Guess what? You can choose to drop those excuses now and become the change you want to see in your life..

Which one of those people are you going to CHOOSE to be today? (please I hope someone disagrees with me on this one)
  • You're fat? You chose to be fat just as much as I chose to eat pizza for lunch today.
  • You're poor? You chose to be poor, just like I spent the last hour watching YouTube videos.
  • You're single and alone? You chose to be alone, because you stayed in playing video games on the weekend instead of going out to talk to girls.
You "WANT TO" do something with your life?

Whoopty ****ing doo…. Everybody and their grandmother "wants to" do something with their life. The world could care less, and most people don’t do sh** about it.

You have your goal…the only thing that ever matters is this: RIGHT NOW, are you doing something with your life?

What can you do RIGHT NOW to run towards your goal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Needed this today... Thanks for another legendary post Andrew.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Thanks for this awesome post! Rep+

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
For the past year and a half of helping motivate people to chase their dreams, I decided to switch up my approach... Disclaimer: By reading past this line, you take full responsibility and accountability for your own actions and what happens to you as a result of them.

Quit the self-pity, get rid of the excuses, stop giving a **** what others tell you that you can or cannot do, and just DO IT ALREADY.

Think of all those times you didn't act on your dreams because you're too busy living in a ****ing fairy tail land thinking they were going to be handed to you. THEY'RE NOT.

Just think how pathetic your life will be in 10 years if you keep doing what you've been doing.

Nobody is going to come and drop it on your lap, so quit waiting to be saved. The world could give two shits about you, so it's time to develop some personal responsibility.

Guess what, when you realize that YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for where you are, and where you are going in life, your past doesn't matter, your excuses don't matter, and what others say (or do) doesn't matter and you're only left with one thing in this world that will ever be holding you back...

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.

1. You grow the **** up, start doing the things you need to do to get where you want to go in life, or

2. You might as well give up now before you waste your time and the time of those around you.

You're like a ******* 3 year old who is waiting for permission from their parents before they get up and do something. You don't have mommy to run off and cry to anymore when your feelings are hurt so you make the closest person possible your emotional ****** and are waiting for them to throw you a pity-party.

JUST ******* DO IT.

If you’re not taking the action you need to take to get it done by now, you obviously don't want it bad enough.

Oh, you don't know where to start and you're waiting for someone to hold your hand? You might as well just give up...

I would sleep in my car and go homeless if it meant making my goals possible. Seriously.

How bad do you really want it? Obviously not bad enough for else you'd be working towards your dreams right now.

Set a goal that is so ****ing strong that you will die in order to achieve it, and RUN FULL SPEED TOWARDS IT.

Oh, you're scared? Nobody gives a ****...GIVE UP if you're not willing to do what it takes.

You might get rejected or fail along the way? GOOD. Run through that rejection and failure to your goal...or GIVE UP NOW and never live the life you want to live.

Stop blaming those limiting beliefs, fears, excuses, OTHER PEOPLE, or what youv'e done in the past...because none of that matters.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYTHING OF THIS LIFE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF AND YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW. Nothing else matters.

I swear to ***, if I hear another bull**** excuses out of your mouth or you tell me you're doing anything except running full speed towards your goals and destroying your old self in the process.... you might as well just give up because you obviously don't have what it takes.

If what you've been doing so far doesn't work... DO SOMETHING ELSE. And that “something else” that you're supposed to do is probably the thing that scares you the most.

People told you this would be easy, and they are full of bull****. That "copy and paste formula" or "step-by-step handbook for success" DOES NOT EXIST.

If you hide and quiver in your comfort zone your whole life, you're never going to break free.

Do you know with 100% certainty EXACTLY what to do in order to be successful in your life?

If the answer to that question is NO, it is because the answer lays in THE UNKNOWN....And guess where you're going to have to venture if you don't know how to do something...INTO THE UNKNOWN.

Get off your ***, run into the unknown and do whatever it ****ing takes to reach your dreams.

The only thing that matters in this life is what you DO. Save the excuses for your mommy so she can tell you a nice bedtime story and make you feel better.

You and I both know by this point that there is only NOW and NOW is the time to make shit happen.

Are you making progress towards your goals at this very second? Or should you just give up?

For every time you think you have it bad in life, somebody else has it 100 times worse. Seriously.

In your mind right now you think you have it bad… once again, nobody cares and NOBODY IS GOING TO DO A **** THING ABOUT IT.

The ones that get **** done, and the ones that make every single excuse why they can’t…

Guess what? You can choose to drop those excuses now and become the change you want to see in your life..

Which one of those people are you going to CHOOSE to be today? (please I hope someone disagrees with me on this one)
  • You're fat? You chose to be fat just as much as I chose to eat pizza for lunch today.
  • You're poor? You chose to be poor, just like I spent the last hour watching YouTube videos.
  • You're single and alone? You chose to be alone, because you stayed in playing video games on the weekend instead of going out to talk to girls.

Whoopty ****ing doo…. Everybody and their grandmother "wants to" do something with their life. The world could care less, and most people don’t do sh** about it.

You have your goal…the only thing that ever matters is this: RIGHT NOW, are you doing something with your life?

This is one of the reasons I love this forum, you just put that into perfect words and described everything that needs to be said. Thank you for the amazing post. A very inspiring and motivational read that I needed.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is one of the reasons I love this forum, you just put that into perfect words and described everything that needs to be said. Thank you for the amazing post. A very inspiring and motivational read that I needed.
I should post this on reddit :D

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
This is great. I know I needed to read this today. Thanks for the motivation Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Now the real question is - What action have you taken in the hours since you read this? ;)
I've read a couple more chapters of the book, haha. No, but I've been talking with my mom all day about how we need to take action soon. We have a small idea for an accounting business, that we could easily get going. I let her read the post and she loved it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I've read a couple more chapters of the book, haha. No, but I've been talking with my mom all day about how we need to take action soon. We have a small idea for an accounting business, that we could easily get going. I let her read the post and she loved it.
:( So no real action. I've failed you.

This post will make a whole lot more sense in a new way after you take action on the accounting business! You think you know now...but you don't :D

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
Read almost a whole book in only a couple hours and started writing out a guideline so I can actually say it wasn't just thinking about doing and have a plan to follow and work with. I hate my problem with mental masterbation and constantly battle it.

Still working right now actually lol, but wanted to post here again since I have a hard time, even reading countless threads on self motivation, finding things that work for me and sink in mentally for my own mind. This thread was one of them.
Dave

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Still working right now actually lol, but wanted to post here again since I have a hard time, even reading countless threads on self motivation, finding things that work for me and sink in mentally for my own mind. This thread was one of them.
Dave
Do you like to run?

I hate to go running. When I do it, my brain tells me to giveup (or to not even start), every ounce of my body wants to not do it, when I do it, I Want to stop..... But despite all those thoughts and feelings.....my body is still capable of running.

They will NEVER go away until I get in the habit of running

if I wait for those thoughts and feelings to stop....I'll never even start because they won't go away until I get used to doing it.

Isn't what you're doing now a lot like going running?

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
:( So no real action. I've failed you.

This post will make a whole lot more sense in a new way after you take action on the accounting business! You think you know now...but you don't :D
Well I mean this is our first time talking about starting the business, we just came up with it today. Once I turn 16, it will be a lot easier to start doing a lot of other stuff that I have planned.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Well I mean this is our first time talking about starting the business, we just came up with it today. Once I turn 16, it will be a lot easier to start doing a lot of other stuff that I have planned.

At first I was going to soften up on my last reply because I didn't know you're 15....but then I realized I met another member of this forum who made a few million by the time he was 14 years old, so I stand firm on my last post. haha :D

Keep pushing forward and you'll get there!

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
At first I was going to soften up on my last reply because I didn't know you're 15....but then I realized I met another member of this forum who made a few million by the time he was 14 years old, so I stand firm on my last post. haha :D

Keep pushing forward and you'll get there!
Oh no, be as tough as you want to on me haha! I'm going to make a post here soon about my idea, that's crazy that he was 14! Awesome!!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am forwarding this to my wife. Kick both of our behinds into gear.

"what have I done since reading this"

I stopped doing work for my employer/stopped reading this forum and started analysing some data to summarize and bring to a chemist in regards to some business I am going to take over in my current industry. I've been dragging my a** on this lately because it is such a monumental business venture. "THINK BIGGER". The only reason I haven't made this industry my bi*** is because of me, no one else. I have been too afraid because it is a mountain. People climb mountains every damn day, one step at a time.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Wow @AndrewNC , you're 100% right about the world not ever caring how bad your past has been; if it had, someone would've helped me through this too... I really really REALLY don't want to admit this fact, that the only thing that matters is what you DO, not what you "want to do", but there's no way around it...

Thanks again for the slap in my face, that's what I deserve for believing anyone "out there" is going to ever do anything for me, keep writing stuff like this, and yes definitely post it on Reddit:)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I've ingrained this mentality into myself a long time ago.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that life isn't fair.

Most people will be comfortable feeling like everything is beyond their control.

They'll tell themselves they don't want the things they do because the don't have the courage to go and get it.

They enjoy failing with honour.

Good for them.

I feel no sympathy for them. And why should I when they're so comfortable with their life?

I enjoy getting everything I want. I have no problem with working hard or straining myself. In the end I'll always have what I want.

Have a loser mentality, and you'll lose. Have a lack mentality, and you'll always go without.

Accept nothing less than accomplishment, and you'll get accomplishment.

Great post, @AndrewNC

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Tell me what you've done, and I'll tell you who you are."

It's not "Tell me what you want, and I'll tell you who you are."

It's not "Tell me what you're going to do, and I'll tell you who you are."

As Andrew says, no-one gives a sh*t what you want or what you say you're going to do.

What action have you taken in the hours since you read this?
This morning I mailed the last client I have where I still go onsite. I told them I want to "chat" the next time I'm in about our arrangement going forward (where I'm going to them onto a different package where I don't go onsite, or where we part company).

I'm getting 100% committed to my current path. One that does NOT include going onto client sites.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.

JUST ******* DO IT.

Unfortunately, unless you type this out and print it in super-small text, you couldn't fit this on a refrigerator magnet.

A pity, because much of what you wrote deserves a daily look, as a reminder to take full responsibility, to live in the moment and take the right actions now.

At least 50% of the sentences in your post would make for great Twitter Tweets.

Robert Greene uses that tactic to drop frequent knowledge bombs and inspiration grenades.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.

JUST ******* DO IT.

Solid post as usual, Andrew. Eventually, people run out of excuses and are forced to act in one way another, whether it be making shit happen or just giving up like everyone else. People think with such a "pack mentality" that they're willing to give up what they want to appease others; it's sickening. I love how I am the only person in my immediate social circle that thinks the way I do and has the ambitions I do. I love it because all of my acquaintances pretty much chalk me up to nothing more than a madman. I remember when they found out I was making money by my own means instead of relying on a job, then they all flocked in with the "oh, how did you do it??? so I can do it too??? can you show me how to do it???" lmao.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Tremendous post. In fact i'm printing it out first thing in the morning when i get into the Office and putting it in a frame on my desk.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.