The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

Pedro6868

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Apr 12, 2018
Leon, Nicaragua
On YouTubing: In my many years playing out the "starving" artist role I fell into the most typical artist traps: decent ability to make art but horrible ability to promote. I was attracted to see what Alan Spicer had to say because I am now in the process of creating a YouTube channel.
Right out of the gate for me- I had to face a huge void of technical expertise. I never used a video camera, never was in a video, had no clue how to edit and so on. In these last weeks I have been working to close this gap.
Pulling myself up by the bootstraps technologically, so to speak- well that is what is happening now. Google Analytics? My goodness it seems endless the learning curve. Yet, I see that this MUST be done. The potential reach I can have is what draws me though this knot hole.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pedro6868

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Apr 12, 2018
Leon, Nicaragua
On Adding Value: I understand it to be a core value here on this Fastlane forum- to add value. This Alan Spicer thread, is case in point. Was he adding value, or self promoting? So I sit here an wonder about adding value. As I ponder this my impression is that the core group here- the INSIDERS, are people who all resonate with the main principles of the unscripted approach. My understanding is that many of you are very accomplished in your own fields and have a lot of experience in how the unscripted approach plays out.
In my case, though I've been well out of the box for nearly my entire adult life- I have not been what could be considered successful. I have elements of success- yes. Despite years of struggle and penury, I have turned myself into a decent painter (artist). However, right now I am dealing with a massive deficit in certain areas without which I cannot move forward. I am attending to that. So my question is how the heck do I add value on a forum of a bunch of successful millionaires? Someone help me out here. Certainly you must have seen other contributors who for one reason or another are here because they read the book and realize "holy shit, I've just pissed away 30 years!" And in their epiphany, they are resolved to turn it all around. So what value is that to all of you? Some dude who drank himself to sleep for 30 years now wants to make good- and really means it. What the heck value is that to any of you?
In my case I have not been drinking for 30 years, yet I have been well enough to sleep around certain issued thus stated: promotion.
Any comments?

Alan Spicer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 12, 2018
Huddersfield
On Adding Value: I understand it to be a core value here on this Fastlane forum- to add value. This Alan Spicer thread, is case in point. Was he adding value, or self promoting? So I sit here an wonder about adding value. As I ponder this my impression is that the core group here- the INSIDERS, are people who all resonate with the main principles of the unscripted approach. My understanding is that many of you are very accomplished in your own fields and have a lot of experience in how the unscripted approach plays out.
In my case, though I've been well out of the box for nearly my entire adult life- I have not been what could be considered successful. I have elements of success- yes. Despite years of struggle and penury, I have turned myself into a decent painter (artist). However, right now I am dealing with a massive deficit in certain areas without which I cannot move forward. I am attending to that. So my question is how the heck do I add value on a forum of a bunch of successful millionaires? Someone help me out here. Certainly you must have seen other contributors who for one reason or another are here because they read the book and realize "holy sh*t, I've just pissed away 30 years!" And in their epiphany, they are resolved to turn it all around. So what value is that to all of you? Some dude who drank himself to sleep for 30 years now wants to make good- and really means it. What the heck value is that to any of you?
In my case I have not been drinking for 30 years, yet I have been well enough to sleep around certain issued thus stated: promotion.
Any comments?

Thank you for your insights and context.

"holy sh*t, I've just pissed away 30 years!" - The good thing is you realised that... sadly my father didnt and I lost him early in my life so the lesson he needed to learn, I learn via his mistakes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.