The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I don't want to be an entrepreneur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2020
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
In 2014 I started an S corporation. I did this because I was told that I could reduce my taxable income.

It was one of the worst decisions of my life and I am still paying the price today. The tax penalties have accrued and I have lived in abject poverty, getting zero tax returns and doing everything I can to pay off this burdensome "debt" (theft, really) to the IRS.

I do not do well with bookkeeping, record keeping, or anything that requires orderliness and organization. Therefore, I will not undertake any such endeavors in the future.

That's my lesson.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Based on this information you were never an entrepreneur. Just someone who wanted to optimize his taxes and failed. No lesson here.

The real lesson is that I've got to get better at recognizing headlines leading to stupid posts...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How did you end up at this forum? What brought you here?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
It was one of the worst decisions of my life and I am still paying the price today. The tax penalties have accrued and I have lived in abject poverty
Mostly been looking at VW GTI's because they fit me well (tall). Would consider truck or SUV for a killer deal, < 18k cash. What do you do?
I guess abject poverty is relative.
Although
Where is the best place to find low-interest loans? I want to buy a car from a private party.

The real lesson is that I've got to get better at recognizing headlines leading to stupid posts...
You're a victim of your own copywriting threads.
He probably studied them all.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Also add to your list of stupid shitposts: "Note to self: I am gay".

Are you sure you were old enough to start an S Corp back in 2014? By that comment I put your current mental age at about 11.

#landfill

Organe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 23, 2020
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
How did you end up at this forum? What brought you here?
I came here looking for ways to optimize my financial health. This seemed like it might be a place for like-minded people.

Like I said, I've tried before, starting an S corp and it worked against me. Not only was a lot of work to do the payroll just for myself, I had to pay an accountant (can't recall what for), and an attorney who was really more of a scammer and who screwed me, leaving me with a massive tax burden.

That didn't work. What does?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I came here looking for ways to optimize my financial health. This seemed like it might be a place for like-minded people.

Like I said, I've tried before, starting an S corp and it worked against me. Not only was a lot of work to do the payroll just for myself, I had to pay an accountant (can't recall what for), and an attorney who was really more of a scammer and who screwed me, leaving me with a massive tax burden.

That didn't work. What does?

In other words, you didn't spend 10 minutes reading about business entities, because why should you when someone told you that you need an S corp.

You didn't want to do any work because work is hard even though it was only to pay yourself.

You didn't want to learn how to handle basic accounting tasks because you'd have to do work and work is hard.

And you didn't like getting charged money for services by an attorney who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on college so morons like you would consult him to do what you probably could've done on your own if you weren't such a F*cking crybaby whiny loser moron.

As a result of your own stupidity, laziness and shit decisions you achieved a massive tax burden.

Now you have a massive tax burden and you're on your way to more debt and poverty.

Cool story. You'll have to wait for nicer forum members to chime in for the "You can do this" and "I'm rooting for you" posts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I bought a tennis racket once but it didn’t help me because I don’t know shit about tennis. I thought when I got the tennis racket everything else would happen. I blame the racket.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Like I said, I've tried before, starting an S corp

What? This has nothing to do with you failing as an entrepreneur.

I paid thousands of dollars for these golf clubs ... but I still suck at golf!

This is an entrepreneur forum that promotes financial freedom through entrepreneurship.

I have no clue why you're here or the purpose of your post.

It is probably more suitable for Reddit or Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.