The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don’t want to be stuck in the Slowlane like everyone else…

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

noahvalcarcel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2023
Hi everyone, my name is Noah and I’m a freshman at a university. I’m new to this forum so bear with me if I don’t quite understand how this all works. But I’m sort of in a predicament:

My dream is to be a successful entrepreneur and provide a great life for my family. I’m attending a university because it was my moms dream to have her children have a degree. While I’m loving the college experience so far, the debt really scares me. I want to be an entrepreneur and I have a really great vision that I want to explore either in college or after I get my degree. But if I have to pay mountains of debt off, pay rent, put money into my business, I’m going to need a decent job. I’m afraid I’ll get stuck in the Slowlane and live paycheck-to-paycheck live everyone else and that’s not how I want to live the rest of my life. If anyone has any suggestions or inputs, I’d really appreciate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodBoyGilbert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 5, 2021
First become slowlane then work on becoming fastlane. It's a tier system, focus on getting to average wealth first then get to above average etc.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you have a choice?

Who's dream is it?

Yours?

Or your mother's?

It's YOUR life to lead and YOUR DREAM. So sad to hear that selfish parents commandeer their kid's dreams.

Entrepreneurship is about being bold and doing what few will not.

Looks like you're having your first test.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
If anyone has any suggestions or inputs, I’d really appreciate it.

What are you studying?

There’s nothing stopping you from walking out the door and doing what you want.

Move away and disappear. Your parents will be pissed and disown you for a little bit but once you start making money everything will be forgotten.

That’s a big mistake to live your life according to how parents want you to live. You will waste massive time and effort.

noahvalcarcel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2023
Do you have a choice?

Who's dream is it?

Yours?

Or your mother's?

It's YOUR life to lead and YOUR DREAM. So sad to hear that selfish parents commandeer their kid's dreams.

Entrepreneurship is about being bold and doing what few will not.

Looks like you're having your first test.

Hi Mr. DeMarco! When you went to college, was there anything valuable you learned that helped with any of your businesses?

noahvalcarcel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2023
What are you studying?

There’s nothing stopping you from walking out the door and doing what you want.

Move away and disappear. Your parents will be pissed and disown you for a little bit but once you start making money everything will be forgotten.

That’s a big mistake to live your life according to how parents want you to live. You will waste massive time and effort.
I’m currently studying business administration with a minor in sports business and a minor in entrepreneurship.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.