The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why does nothing work? Is it because of living in 3rd world country?

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
Have a look at @Fox's web development thread. He shows how you can make good money by learning a minimum of coding, then focussing all of your efforts on providing value. He talks about how to identify websites (of big companies) that are not converting their visitors to sales. Once you identify, you approach.

Regarding your loud PC, don't let that put you off interviews, there's nothing wrong with a potential employer knowing that you need the money.
Thank you, I'll do my best!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
Poor countries tend to have people cutting costs and prefer to do all by themselves
This is so true, me included.

I don't think that fiverr is good place as of my experience in it. but thanks for recommending it.

Regarding PayPal, although it's hard to get a credit card to activate PayPal, I still managed to open wise account and activate my PayPal.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
I'm 21 yo living in 3rd world country, underpaid $2/day, and working in aluminum carpentry (it's the only place that I can work from 9-5, so I can do something the rest of the day), I learned coding and basics of web development, I haven't made something yet, just watching YT coding videos and doing the same, before that I've tried Print on demand, Instagram pages, blogging, ecom, flipping, but nothing works! nothing! I ended up learning to code, but with all the failing I had over all those years, I think everything is a scam, all the courses on the internet are scams,

for example, if a YouTuber is actually making millions with copywriting and has 5 clients, then how in the hell he can manage a YouTuber channel posting every single day, huh? not only that, also managing a discord server and teaching 1-1, doing live streaming. this is just one example of many.

I've been reading some threads on the forum and I've come up with the conclusion that people can make money and build wealth from any industry (it doesn't matter), but the more I look into it, I see that most successful businesses are online in some way or another, so operating the business online is necessary, here's the problem:

people in my country mostly don't use web apps, this leads me to think of building web apps or SAAS for worldwide use.
but the real question is: do I have to start a youtuber channel too? do I have to create courses too? is it luck? is it just a scam?

I wish I could but the Fastline book but I don't have money, so I looked up some summaries on yt, and now I do understand a bit about it. I appreciate any help/feedback/advice

Don't blame the nation if you can't determine what to sell!

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
then do that.

Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Get enough money to get out of the country.
What are the three fastest ways to make that happen?

All Men were NOT created equal under God. There is NO fastest way for the "impossible" act of a 21-year-old + broke Algerian, to move to the west!

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
I'm 21 yo living in 3rd world country, underpaid $2/day, and working in aluminum carpentry (it's the only place that I can work from 9-5, so I can do something the rest of the day), I learned coding and basics of web development, I haven't made something yet, just watching YT coding videos and doing the same, before that I've tried Print on demand, Instagram pages, blogging, ecom, flipping, but nothing works! nothing! I ended up learning to code, but with all the failing I had over all those years, I think everything is a scam, all the courses on the internet are scams,

for example, if a YouTuber is actually making millions with copywriting and has 5 clients, then how in the hell he can manage a YouTuber channel posting every single day, huh? not only that, also managing a discord server and teaching 1-1, doing live streaming. this is just one example of many.

I've been reading some threads on the forum and I've come up with the conclusion that people can make money and build wealth from any industry (it doesn't matter), but the more I look into it, I see that most successful businesses are online in some way or another, so operating the business online is necessary, here's the problem:

people in my country mostly don't use web apps, this leads me to think of building web apps or SAAS for worldwide use.
but the real question is: do I have to start a youtuber channel too? do I have to create courses too? is it luck? is it just a scam?

I wish I could but the Fastline book but I don't have money, so I looked up some summaries on yt, and now I do understand a bit about it. I appreciate any help/feedback/advice

Your Strengths:

1. A skilled/Partially skilled worker.
2. Can survive on $2 per day.
3. Can find a workforce willing to work at $2+ per day!
4 . Have access to the Internet and a Basic computer!

Your weakness:
1. Education.
2. Your coding skills.
3. You are not a hot chick and OF is not your option! LOL

Judgment is upon thyself!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
All Men were NOT created equal under God. There is NO fastest way for the "impossible" act of a 21-year-old + broke Algerian, to move to the west!
SO giving him a target of what to go achieve is a bad move? Disagree strongly.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

I would wager with 99% certainty that all of the things you tried, were done so poorly that it’s no wonder they didn’t work.

Post your strategy and some examples of what you did with details and screenshots and I bet we could roast it up and down and tell you exactly why it didn’t work.

When things don’t work it’s usually because you did it shitty and it deserved to fail

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I have been watching a youtuber called 'Hardest Geezer' from the UK run the entire length of Africa from South Africa to Tunisia. He is currently running through Algeria. He had a lot of difficulties with visa's as a westerner trying to visit Algeria. Is there any opportunity here as an English speaker for you to provide help to tourists getting to Algeria (political connections) and then accompanying them during their travels and being paid well for it. You need to leverage existing strengths and skills that you have (English speaker, Arabic/French etc while living in a closed country). Set up a Youtube channel and start documenting life, tourist sites etc.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
Don't blame the nation if you can't determine what to sell!
Bro, selling isn't my problem, I've sold a lot of stuff doing my best, but I found that I have to give up on something Wich is selling online in my country to a job = stable income to afford internet, and half a day to create wealth online. Why? Because selling online here means losing money, plus Gambling on FB ads + I didn't have that much money to invest, so I tried marketplaces

It's not about the west, it's about having a goal to move out and have some real money to live life, so the wast isn't my goal, I just think it might be a good choice for me because of me speaking English.

Your Strengths:

1. A skilled/Partially skilled worker.
2. Can survive on $2 per day.
3. Can find a workforce willing to work at $2+ per day!
4 . Have access to the Internet and a Basic computer!

Your weakness:
1. Education.
2. Your coding skills.
3. You are not a hot chick and OF is not your option! LOL

Judgment is upon thyself!

And thanks for outlining my strengths and weaknesses

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
I would wager with 99% certainty that all of the things you tried, were done so poorly that it’s no wonder they didn’t work.

Post your strategy and some examples of what you did with details and screenshots and I bet we could roast it up and down and tell you exactly why it didn’t work.

When things don’t work it’s usually because you did it shitty and it deserved to fail
You win the bet, yes I've done them poorly because I was implementing what YouTubers videos, also I don't have money to pay for subscriptions for email newsletters and other services like domains for blogs but I was using the free plans that leads to nothing.

So I think I've learned a lot and decided now to go fully on web dev and freelance as I've seen yesterday a video of this YouTuber "Marc lou" the video title is "I built a startup in 31 hours (SaaS)" although the title seems untrue, but it has opened my eyes so much.

So I'll do it properly this time, and you can bet that I'll succeed this time.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
I disagree too.

I think you're more knowledgeable on the entrepreneurial life and businesses, just want to ask you if it's important to have a personal brand?

I see a lot of people these days pursuing this path. I think that those are "online teachers" they might have success story, but that's it, and they build their wealth upon that story, making courses and similar stuff.

Also building a personal brand it's like business, you post to much on Twitter and commenting, even YouTube, editing and scripting. So it's like another business.

What do you think?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023

It's just that I have seen too many people wasting their youth and money in pursuit of the fairy tale "Visa".

He must evaluate himself before making that decision.

The Visa fee in Algeria = his 93 working day's income @ $2/day!

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
I have explained in several threads about what I did up until now:

I am a highly successful slowlane engineer in every standard. In the last two weeks, I have been invited to an interview as a team leader from one of the top companies in my industry. Another guy wants me to be a CTO in his startup. I had a PhD with 27, spoke three languages fluently back then and now I am 34, earning around 300$ a day.

Everything slowlane. (if you neglect 5-10% of my income from my RE property)

Among all these things, the one single thing that was "my big lever" was my willingness to live like Germans. I spoke their language fluently, got their PhD degree and did what is socially respectable in their country. I did not "push myself for it". I was academically talented and I used it.

Learning German and being an "integrierter Ausländer", was the thing. Not my PhD. Not all my accolades. Not that I was an academic high achiever.

The world is very racist and nation states actually work like a modern caste system. In your case, try getting a degree from a computer science school, if you want to replicate me.

Of course, you can go the fastlane way. But I think with 2 dollars a day, your safest bet is increasing your hourly rate to acceptable levels.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
I have explained in several threads about what I did up until now:

I am a highly successful slowlane engineer in every standard. In the last two weeks, I have been invited to an interview as a team leader from one of the top companies in my industry. Another guy wants me to be a CTO in his startup. I had a PhD with 27, spoke three languages fluently back then and now I am 34, earning around 300$ a day.

Everything slowlane. (if you neglect 5-10% of my income from my RE property)

Among all these things, the one single thing that was "my big lever" was my willingness to live like Germans. I spoke their language fluently, got their PhD degree and did what is socially respectable in their country. I did not "push myself for it". I was academically talented and I used it.

Learning German and being an "integrierter Ausländer", was the thing. Not my PhD. Not all my accolades. Not that I was an academic high achiever.

The world is very racist and nation states actually work like a modern caste system. In your case, try getting a degree from a computer science school, if you want to replicate me.

Of course, you can go the fastlane way. But I think with 2 dollars a day, your safest bet is increasing your hourly rate to acceptable levels.
Thanks for the advice.

Increasing my hourly rate would take me two years to get $5 / day, if I choose to get paid $5 per day right now, I would go work full time, but I won't be able to build anything.

I think freelance is my best safest strategic bet. (I guess) And I'm working on it

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the advice.

Increasing my hourly rate would take me two years to get $5 / day, if I choose to get paid $5 per day right now, I would go work full time, but I won't be able to build anything.

I think freelance is my best safest strategic bet. (I guess) And I'm working on it
Depends on how you imagine your future.

For me, staying in Turkey was already a horrific nightmare, when I was 20. I thought I could never fit in.

You might like your surroundings and not leave to France or somewhere else. Just by being there, you can earn significantly more.

I know it, because I earn significantly more than I would 40 km north of here. Swiss earn around 70-80% more than Germans, just by being Swiss.

And I am a Turkish guy, leveraged my skill&intellectuality to become German and leveraged my passport&skill to get among Swiss. White privilege as it goes.

Dude, honestly: you are 21. Go to a school & study something you want to learn & enter some sector & earn experience & then talk about entrepreneurship. That would teach you more about process thinking and give you more room to be patient.

You do not really have the resources to improve yourself if you earn 2 dollars a day.

Last edited:

Smartyads

Banned for AI/Backlinking
Mar 18, 2024

I wish I could buy the Fastline book but I don't have money, so I looked up some summaries on yt, and now I do understand a bit about it. I appreciate any help/feedback/advice
Regarding your interest in web development and SaaS, focusing on creating valuable products or services that solve real problems for people around the world can be a viable path to success. You don't have to create a YouTube channel or create a course if you don't feel like it aligns with your goals and interests.

Instead, consider sharpening your programming skills and focusing on creating a product or service that fills a gap in the market. Research potential target audiences and industries where your skills could be valuable, and don't be afraid to start small and iterate based on feedback.

Additionally, while resources like Fastlanne's book can provide valuable information, there are many free resources available online to help you learn and grow. Take advantage of programming tutorials, online communities, and forums to continue to expand your knowledge and skills.
Remember, success rarely comes overnight, and failure is a natural part of the journey. Stay focused on your goals, keep learning, and don't hesitate to ask for support when needed. With determination and perseverance, you can overcome obstacles and work towards achieving your dreams.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
Regarding your interest in web development and SaaS, focusing on creating valuable products or services that solve real problems for people around the world can be a viable path to success. You don't have to create a YouTube channel or create a course if you don't feel like it aligns with your goals and interests.

Instead, consider sharpening your programming skills and focusing on creating a product or service that fills a gap in the market. Research potential target audiences and industries where your skills could be valuable, and don't be afraid to start small and iterate based on feedback.

Additionally, while resources like Fastlanne's book can provide valuable information, there are many free resources available online to help you learn and grow. Take advantage of programming tutorials, online communities, and forums to continue to expand your knowledge and skills.
Remember, success rarely comes overnight, and failure is a natural part of the journey. Stay focused on your goals, keep learning, and don't hesitate to ask for support when needed. With determination and perseverance, you can overcome obstacles and work towards achieving your dreams.
This is clearly an AI answer

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
Depends on how you imagine your future.

For me, staying in Turkey was already a horrific nightmare, when I was 20. I thought I could never fit in.

You might like your surroundings and not leave to France or somewhere else. Just by being there, you can earn significantly more.

I know it, because I earn significantly more than I would 40 km north of here. Swiss earn around 70-80% more than Germans, just by being Swiss.

And I am a Turkish guy, leveraged my skill&intellectuality to become German and leveraged my passport&skill to get among Swiss. White privilege as it goes.

Dude, honestly: you are 21. Go to a school & study something you want to learn & enter some sector & earn experience & then talk about entrepreneurship. That would teach you more about process thinking and give you more room to be patient.

You do not really have the resources to improve yourself if you earn 2 dollars a day.
Interesting, but I won't go back to school lol.

I mean it's not even an option, I can't pay for internet if I don't have work. Also military service will take me for a year. So freelance is still best way at least for now.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Also building a personal brand it's like business, you post to much on Twitter and commenting, even YouTube, editing and scripting. So it's like another business.

What do you think?

You don't know what to do yet. There is no 'best' way.
Give people what they want.

But @ZCP , how do i know what they want?
Get 25 customers. Help 25 people. Make money providing value to 25 people / businesses. Then report back.
Start by turning $1 into $2 so you start to see opportunity. Do it today. Like there is a gun to a family member's head. Get it done now.

Belhaj.B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 23, 2024
You don't know what to do yet. There is no 'best' way.
Give people what they want.

But @ZCP , how do i know what they want?
Get 25 customers. Help 25 people. Make money providing value to 25 people / businesses. Then report back.
Start by turning $1 into $2 so you start to see opportunity. Do it today. Like there is a gun to a family member's head. Get it done now.
I'M STARTING TODAY!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.