The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young, bilingual, graduate of fine arts, living in a third-world country and with a huge hunger of change!

Angelo_W

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 9, 2023
Hi, I'm a 22 year old guy living in South America (before, in Europe for 8 years only).

I already finished the book Fastlane and changed my plans of what I am going to do in the next 5 years, well, it makes me doubt.

My first plan was to create content: Educational videos, self-improvement videos, mindset tutorials etc. (A way to show my work, have an impact and somehow get income) while I keep working on my skills (painting, drawing, etc). to eventually look for a job in another country in a Studio or Company. English is my sacred key to knowledge and freedom in this game for me at the moment.

Now, knowing the facts, and all the reality of the game we all have a chance to win if we put in the REAL work. I don't know if I can continue to improve in my craft as my priority at this time.

My mother is divorced now (well, in the middle of the pandemic thing) She trusts me SO much I feel blessed with her, but I don't want her to work to give me the money, we live well! We don't live in poverty, but, I want to enjoy the freedom with her, I want to provide for her and for me to pursue my dreams and live free as Mr. DeMarco says.

Well, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, but now you know me a little.

What can you recommend me?

Move as soon as possible to another country and start an entrepeneurship there?

Improve in my craft as a source of income while working in a business?
I thought about learning to program apps, youtube centered in education/entertainment, sell english or art courses... but I would love to read anything you want to say or your recommendations or any type of wisdom.

Bye and take care. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted88861

Hi, I'm a 22 year old guy living in South America (before, in Europe for 8 years only).

I already finished the book Fastlane and changed my plans of what I am going to do in the next 5 years, well, it makes me doubt.

My first plan was to create content: Educational videos, self-improvement videos, mindset tutorials etc. (A way to show my work, have an impact and somehow get income) while I keep working on my skills (painting, drawing, etc). to eventually look for a job in another country in a Studio or Company. English is my sacred key to knowledge and freedom in this game for me at the moment.

Now, knowing the facts, and all the reality of the game we all have a chance to win if we put in the REAL work. I don't know if I can continue to improve in my craft as my priority at this time.

My mother is divorced now (well, in the middle of the pandemic thing) She trusts me SO much I feel blessed with her, but I don't want her to work to give me the money, we live well! We don't live in poverty, but, I want to enjoy the freedom with her, I want to provide for her and for me to pursue my dreams and live free as Mr. DeMarco says.

Well, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, but now you know me a little.

What can you recommend me?

Move as soon as possible to another country and start an entrepeneurship there?

Improve in my craft as a source of income while working in a business?
I thought about learning to program apps, youtube centered in education/entertainment, sell english or art courses... but I would love to read anything you want to say or your recommendations or any type of wisdom.

Bye and take care. :)
You certainly could move to another country and or city and yes there will be more competition, however, A LOT more opportunities.

I moved from my small town not so long ago after six months or so of planning and now live in one of the biggest cities in the UK, long overdue. But I also have my girlfriend with me who suits my type of lifestyle etc (and we can share bills) - I worked on my social/dating life for five or six years prior to this and used to go out 7nights a week by travelling to the closest city lol. Mindset was important but actually putting the work in was even more important.

A word on mindset...

It's easy to get stuck in the habit of "mindset" and not actually doing any work. If you are going to move country or city (and I assume you may know this as you already lived somewhere else before) just be rational, I've met a few guys who up and went to a big city and ended up right back where they are within a few months because they were hyped up on self-help sh*t. Mindset is of course important but it's also being given by people on the internet these days who most the time have zero credibility or little life experience, only doing it cause they can't think of anything else to do or because they're looking to rip young, vulnerable audiences off (sorry, but it's true, I was one of them and not saying this is you by the way, but there is a reason so many young life coaches exist)

In my own personal opinion, since you have discovered this forum with all of the incredible conversations happening on here from people who have actually had some success in life, you can search and learn from their posts on this forum, make posts like this and read the responses etc, eventually you will probably realise that you don't have to be a mindset coach in order to help people, its a fickle industry and the ones leading it are cunning scammers (Cardone, Tai Lopez, Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra etc) just stay away from those guys lol. Just want to say, this is my opinion only, you asked for people to lend some advice so this is mine, you don't need to listen to me though but after being dragged through the dirt of the self-help industry, this is my way of throwing caution to the wind.

Good that you do realise that it takes real work, thats awesome. Not trying to be a pessimist by my response though mate, will definitely trigger some people who read this as there are some people who love self-help. And who knows, maybe i'll end up back home one day lol.

I'll finish with this...
If you decide to move to a big city/change country for reasons involving business and making more money, thats great, I would highly recommend putting the work in and networking online a bit first and getting to know some cool people (I did this via some music channels on Discord) start building a social life before you move if you are able to, then it will help you settle in a lot more. Would also recommend trying to move to an area thats vibrant, full of young professionals.

Hope this helps, it's some food for thought. Good luck :)

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
You certainly could move to another country and or city and yes there will be more competition, however, A LOT more opportunities.

I moved from my small town not so long ago after six months or so of planning and now live in one of the biggest cities in the UK, long overdue. But I also have my girlfriend with me who suits my type of lifestyle etc (and we can share bills) - I worked on my social/dating life for five or six years prior to this and used to go out 7nights a week by travelling to the closest city lol. Mindset was important but actually putting the work in was even more important.

A word on mindset...

It's easy to get stuck in the habit of "mindset" and not actually doing any work. If you are going to move country or city (and I assume you may know this as you already lived somewhere else before) just be rational, I've met a few guys who up and went to a big city and ended up right back where they are within a few months because they were hyped up on self-help sh*t. Mindset is of course important but it's also being given by people on the internet these days who most the time have zero credibility or little life experience, only doing it cause they can't think of anything else to do or because they're looking to rip young, vulnerable audiences off (sorry, but it's true, I was one of them and not saying this is you by the way, but there is a reason so many young life coaches exist)

In my own personal opinion, since you have discovered this forum with all of the incredible conversations happening on here from people who have actually had some success in life, you can search and learn from their posts on this forum, make posts like this and read the responses etc, eventually you will probably realise that you don't have to be a mindset coach in order to help people, its a fickle industry and the ones leading it are cunning scammers (Cardone, Tai Lopez, Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra etc) just stay away from those guys lol. Just want to say, this is my opinion only, you asked for people to lend some advice so this is mine, you don't need to listen to me though but after being dragged through the dirt of the self-help industry, this is my way of throwing caution to the wind.

Good that you do realise that it takes real work, thats awesome. Not trying to be a pessimist by my response though mate, will definitely trigger some people who read this as there are some people who love self-help. And who knows, maybe i'll end up back home one day lol.

I'll finish with this...
If you decide to move to a big city/change country for reasons involving business and making more money, thats great, I would highly recommend putting the work in and networking online a bit first and getting to know some cool people (I did this via some music channels on Discord) start building a social life before you move if you are able to, then it will help you settle in a lot more. Would also recommend trying to move to an area thats vibrant, full of young professionals.

Hope this helps, it's some food for thought. Good luck :)

In your situation (no income generating assets), there are two realistic ways to make money. The first is to start a micro business (or side hustles) where you sell products/services to people.

The second is via referrals. There are three types of referral programs. Ordinary referral programs (1st generation of RFPs) pay you fixed amounts for direct referrals.

Revenue sharing programs (2nd generation of RFPs) generate a stable stream of income from sales to direct referrals. Affiliate programs belong to this type, where referrals are made via affiliate links.

Income sharing programs (3rd generation of RFPs) generate two income streams:an active income stream from sales to direct referrals and a passive income stream from sales to indirect referrals. As you can see income sharing programs can generate income comparable or more to income from employment. This type of programs are popular among crypto and gaming industries. Also in bad economical conditions small businesses use this type of program to attract new customers and keep them loyal. For more info look into general marketing section of bizwarriors.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...