The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why can't I just handle the business?

Strategy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Dec 27, 2007
I fully understand you on getting someone to walk me through this... I do have the money to get everything set up and walk me through it but am having trouble finding the right person to do that. I have spoke to several accountants and cpa's and majority of them I talk to seem to not be able to lead me in the right direction. Generally what should it cost for someone to be able to get me on the right track with everything I need to know and make sure everything is going in the right direction to make suer everything is compliant? Is there anyway you could answer those questions about the reasonable salary, the payroll tax issue, and living in a different state even if they are basic questions (From what you have told me about has helped me tons!)?

I think once everything is double checked and everything on point things will be an ease...If I could focus 100% on getting the business off the ground without worrying about complying with all these regulations things would be much simpler.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Dec 27, 2007
hey dianne. please dont forget about me, i know you got your own ventures and are very busy though... how much would you charge me to double check everything and get me started up on the right page?

Strategy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Dec 27, 2007
please check everything over atleast one more time and consider checking it out.. i know this thread has been dragged down but i really need your help..

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
hakrjak-

Just to clarify:

You have 2 C-corps?

And your acct does all the corporate filings and meeting summaries for you, PLUS annual acctg, for $300 per corp?

Wow.

-Russ H.

Russ --

1 S-Corp, and 1 LLC... She handles my books, my meeting minutes, all the paperwork, etc for a total of $600 a year. That includes my personal tax return, etc etc etc...

Yeh she's great, but I have refered so many clients to her at this point I think she's just not raising rates on me because I've sent so much business her way. Whatever I pay her is a tax write off anyway, I figure ;) Her husband does all of my AC/Heating work too, so they're definitely good folks to know.

Cheers,

- Carl

Strategy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Dec 27, 2007
Dang :(

I see you forgot about me... lol

so how much generally would it cost to get you or one of your cpa's to check over everything and make sure I'm doing everything right... Once I know what exactly to do I'm sure it won't be hard managing everything...

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I have a couple of website - taxloopholes.com and DKAffiliated.com. Check those out. They'll explain what we do and how we work with clients.

Our typical client is generally someone who has an established business or real estate and is already experiencing the pain of too much tax. Our emphasis is in saving taxes and proecting assets.

Strategy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Dec 27, 2007
Your issue here is nexus - where do you do business.

Nexus will attach to the state that can prove you have the most activity based on: where you advertise for the sale, where it is fulfilled and where you collect the money.

So, if you have an Internet business that is electronically fulfilled, you'll look at where the servers are and when you have the bank account. If you have an Internet business that ships a physical product, you'll look at where you fulfill the physical product from (ie, where do you ship) and where your address is.

You have a lot of very basic questions - I'm not worried about the questions you do know, but more that you don't know what you don't know.

I STRONGLY suggest you get a paid professional to help you and walk you through this. If you don't have the money yet, wait on your business until you do.

A wrong move here could cost you thousands of dollars in penalties and legal fees.

Things are coming to completion and everything is looking bright...
Dianne, this nexus thing is really causing an issue...

the company is registered in ga, I'm living in alabama... so when i did the form Ga 600s s-corp form i had to do a 600s-ca because I am a nonresident shareholder.

The problem is the business dosen't have a retail location and I'm still living in alabama... Everything else I could get in ga... ship out products from ga, bank account in ga, and eventually move to ga to solve this issue..

Its main business will be off of the net... so what do you think on the overall nexus issue?

and you said 30k and under i won't have to worry about any kind of payroll tax or witholding even if the 600s-ca for non resident shareholders said you had to report witholding tax?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.