The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Are These Books So Recommendable? Authors listen up!

Idea threads

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
The Millionaire Fastlane

How To Win Friends And Influence People

The Subtle Art

Cashvertising

Atomic Habits

Scroll any self-improvement thread on any social media platform long enough and you'll eventually come across comments like...

"I read x book and it changed my life! Highly recommend!"

"This book gave me x,y,z, great read!"

Thus, these books get recommended time and time again, each with raving fans of their own. The reason? Most likely, a Productoracy but what's the behind the scenes of that? This post intends to provide a potential answer to that.

Most know what a productocracy looks like...
productocracy- expectations exceeded positively by factor of 10 at least from the standard ele...png
Generally, people voluntarily talk about your product positively with others. Often without you asking for it. So if someone is in love with your product they'd recommend it? Productocracy achieved right? Not really. Personally, I've seen some books each with glowing/raving 5 star reviews that are barely recommended. On the other end, I've seen some recommend books they do not like at all, just for the reason that they work. Whether they liked, loved, or disliked a product made no difference to it being recommendable.

What mattered? That it worked. It took them from point A to point B (Or at least, they believe it will) where they want to be at. It first changed their thoughts, which changed their behaviour, which changed their results (e.g. "This was life changing, thanks!") The more significant this change in their life, the more recommendable a book becomes.

The Millionaire Fastlane : Makes you a millionaire.

How To Win Friends And Influence People: Makes you friends.

The Subtle Art: Helps your mental health.

Cashvertising: Improved your marketing results.

Atomic Habits: Improved your habits.

In health, wealth or relationships, your life improved.

If you could zoom past to the end of your life you'd observe the you before and after reading the book are different people in terms of thinking, behaviour and results. If they didn't work you wouldn't change your thinking. If you changed your thinking and behaviour and it still didn't work, you'd just go back to old habits.

Once you know it works for you, you'll recommend it to others who you know also want to go from point A to point B. But only if it's the "best" path/solution for getting across these points. People recommend to their friends, the best path.

why products get recommended+.jpg

So if you're planning on writing a book that's recommendable, write a book that works. Write a book that helps (like no other).

If you're an author, I'd recommend you check out "Write Useful Books" by Rob Fitzpatrick. It's basically how to create a productocracy for books. Great read. It's helping me write my own book at the moment. (See what happened here? haha)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
So if you're planning on writing a book that's recommendable, write a book that works. Write a book that helps (like no other).

Provide value, got it!

Another takeaway from this is the emotional response. That dream/goal creation the book allows many readers to think about, so long as they follow the information within it, can be radically impactful. It creates excitement, drive, and determination. For many, this is akin to discovering a secret they knew existed and finally found, so they're compelled to share it with others.

If product-sharing is on your goal list, never underestimate the power of an emotional connection to your product

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Provide value, got it!

Another takeaway from this is the emotional response. That dream/goal creation the book allows many readers to think about, so long as they follow the information within it, can be radically impactful. It creates excitement, drive, and determination. For many, this is akin to discovering a secret they knew existed and finally found, so they're compelled to share it with others.

If product-sharing is on your goal list, never underestimate the power of an emotional connection to your product
One way to get this emotional response is to look for painful problems in the marketplace. If the solution to that makes sense as a book, you might have a potential recommendable book on your hands. I'm sure there are other ways, but I'd say this is the easiest and reliable (not that finding one may be "easy" either).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.