• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Recommended Audio Books

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Mimi Phan, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Mimi Phan

Mimi Phan New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Hello everyone,
    My friend sent me the Unscripted book more than a year ago via Audible and ever since I am hooked with audio books. With the membership I only get 1 book/month but I have been purchasing more than one a month. I have a collection ranging from entrepreneurship, to relationships, to sale strategies, to self-motivation. However, after a while I feel like the books are somewhat similar in the messages and I feel that I didn't gain much from them. It'd be great if you can recommend me some books that are available on Audible that are useful to entrepreneurs.
    Some books I have listened: Unscripted, Fast Lane, Zero to One, #AskGraryVee, You are Badass, Girl, wash your face, 12 Rules for Life, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Unfu*k Yourself, She Means Business, Successful Women Speak Differently, #GirlBoss, Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Sell or Be Sold, The Millionaire Next Door, The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs.

Thanks!

Michael1359 and Lex DeVille like this.
  2. SebPP

SebPP New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $81
    Hi Mimi,
    I highly recommand "Go-Givers sell more". You'll find tons of golden nugets in this book. I find it very complementary to MJ's books. It will help you to deeply understand the concept of "providing value".

3. jwhanke

jwhanke New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $94
    Some highly influencial books for me you didn't mention above.

The Richest Man in Babeylon - George Clason
    Basic financial knowledge told in parobles. Most people don't follow any of this advice....

Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
    Highly influencial book for me. A lot of his lessons are good just it's important not to hero worship RK

Captivate by Vannesa van Edwards and the Like Switch by Jack Shafer
    Not necessarily just related to Entrepreneurship but both books are about how to be better with people, which to me is extremely important not just to business but life

Rework by Jason fried
    One of Mark Cubans favorite books, has a similar message to MJs book. About getting important stuff done instead of pointless crap. If it provides value and you have sales that's more important then company shirts or venture capital

You'll be surprised how many books you can read with the audible habit!

Mimi Phan, Andy Black and Lex DeVille like this.
  4. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,969
    Zero to One Peter Thiel
    The Snowball (about Warren Buffett) by Alice Schroeder
    The Power of Habit Charles Duhigg
    Good Profit Charles Koch
    Principles Ray Dalio
    The First Billion is the Hardest T Boone Pickens
    The Hacking of the American Mind... Forgot the author

Some of my more recent favorites on Audible.

Mimi Phan, Roz, Michael1359 and 3 others like this.
  5. InspireHD

InspireHD Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,384
    The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal - one of my favorites, although I wish she or a female read it.
    The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma - great book, similar to The Alchemist, one of my all-time favorites.

I'm currently listening to The Millionaire Fastlane - Read the book, but I wanted the ability to listen to it whenever I'm doing something like driving to and from work. It's a great way to reinforce the principles. I'm planning on doing it with Unscripted as well, and,

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield - Author of the Chicken Soup For the Soul series. Very long book at 21hrs and has a lot of good insights, but eventually you start hearing the same concepts over and over. There comes a time when you need to move onto more practical books.

Mimi Phan likes this.
  6. Mimi Phan

Mimi Phan New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Thank you for the suggestions! I have listened to Unscripted and Fastlane for at least 5x each since I got them. Sometimes I just need to remind myself to work harder toward the goals :)