The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who the heck are all these weird wannabe gurus now?

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
I remember when it was just the fast lane. Now you have have all these young wannabe con artisit selling their snake oil on youtube.
I even came across a guy today selling

"Freedom, the fast lane"

And thats what made me come back here after a few years absent.

They jack up sponsered ads on Facebook and Youtube and google ads.

Just interesting how things have shifted over the past few years.

Jeeez

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
What's wrong with the forum having ads? At least the staff here are practicing what they preach, which is hard to say about some other places online. *cough* reddit *cough*.

It's just a fad, entrepreneurship is trendy so people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I read your post 5 times and I still can’t figure out what your point was..

Are you saying the Fastlane Forum is a snake oil guru?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I read your post 5 times and I still can’t figure out what your point was..

Are you saying the Fastlane Forum is a snake oil guru?
No. I think he's talking about a lot of YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram bro marketers.

I've noticed it too there's so many young experts on how to make money that sell courses and their ads are everywhere.

They are all Tai Lopez clones.

And they all use "buzzwords" now fastlane is a "buzzword."

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I hate the ads too, but buying an INSIDERS subscription takes them away.

I guess I’m willing to pay a premium to be on my favorite website ad-free lol.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I just realized my true calling - I will create a program and brand myself as The expert that provides expert advice to experts that provide other experts advice. Lol.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
No. I think he's talking about a lot of YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram bro marketers.

I've noticed it too there's so many young experts on how to make money that sell courses and their ads are everywhere.

They are all Tai Lopez clones.

And they all use "buzzwords" now fastlane is a "buzzword."
yes thats what I am talking about, its a strange fad that is bad for the indsutry. It makes is seem like a scam.

The truth is any REAL self made person can see the way something is built to generate income.
not focusing on the junk. But junk makes more money than value, its concerning the direction of society

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
What's wrong with the forum having ads? At least the staff here are practicing what they preach, which is hard to say about some other places online. *cough* reddit *cough*.

It's just a fad, entrepreneurship is trendy so people are jumping on the bandwagon.

nothing, just always thought demarco was smarter than CPA

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
There are more lost souls out there than one might think. People with no direction in life and wanting to make a change, but don't have people around them to give them that kick. So they fall head over heels for the "I can help you succeed and be a winner" videos.

I see it around me. People just get stuck for some reason. They are afraid of life. I know a girl who got her masters in occupational therapy. She graduates, lets her family take advantage of her new free time, and she puts getting her license on the back burner...for TWO years and has turned into an emotional mess. Happy go getter me has been pushing her hard now to get her license. Some people just need their hand held, and there are dozens of webinars that do that now.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Actually, ads are a good thing as long as they're related to the forum or niche.

They let you know of services or potential opportunities that you would otherwise not have known about.
And these services and opportunities can be used / purchased to further improve your $$$.

Of course, if the ads are about making money with Forex in a gardening forum, then that's irritating.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
The salary to cost of living rate is fairly awful for low-skilled workers compared to how it was in the 80s and earlier, so starting a business is the only real option for a lot of people. That's what I blame it on at least.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, he doesn't need the thousands of dollars a month. He actually lights his cigars with 100's.
I am a blackhat and white hat guru. There is no way this forum makes that much with cpa.
I can do a through check but dont have time. I just think it lowers the prestige that's all. The return is less than the gains. This is just my opinion.
I have a app with 3 million downloads, and dont dare to do itr. But that's my style. Maybe ill change one day.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Actually, ads are a good thing as long as they're related to the forum or niche.

They let you know of services or potential opportunities that you would otherwise not have known about.
And these services and opportunities can be used / purchased to further improve your $$$.

Of course, if the ads are about making money with Forex in a gardening forum, then that's irritating.

Hmm I'm sure alzheimers ads are not going to help me. If you want a forum that really helps you make money, i can direct you. Although I love this forum as a place to converse and share thoughts/experience.

Making big bucks is hard as heck unless your lucky.. most folks have to work some magic.

Skills. Product. Online. Leads. Sales Conversions. Social proof.
It's kind of a science nowadays.

Maybe I'll do a detailed thread step by step. There hasnt been one of this over here.

Went but off topic there

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am a blackhat and white hat guru. There is no way this forum makes that much with cpa.
I can do a through check but dont have time. I just think it lowers the prestige that's all. The return is less than the gains. This is just my opinion.
I have a app with 3 million downloads, and dont dare to do itr. But that's my style. Maybe ill change one day.

I actually have no idea what ads you are talking about since I don't see them. Are there other ads besides Google ads floating around? Are there specific ads like for hosting or making money online on the sides or something?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here if you want to learn something for FREE that would cost $10,000 somewhere else.

GOLD! - Guru Cults Exposed: The Tactics "Experts" Use To Pull You In & Suck You Dry

I actually have no idea what ads you are talking about since I don't see them. Are there other ads besides Google ads floating around? Are there specific ads like for hosting or making money online on the sides or something?

He's talking about Google auto-ads which non-subscribers see. Sometimes Google really over does it and some of the ads can clutter the UI.

As for ad monetization here, not sure what he's talking about. I only link to Udemy and use Google ads, plus a couple of affiliate links to my books on Amazon/Audible.

D

Deleted50669

I remember when it was just the fast lane. Now you have have all these young wannabe con artisit selling their snake oil on youtube.
I even came across a guy today selling

"Freedom, the fast lane"

And thats what made me come back here after a few years absent.

They jack up sponsered ads on Facebook and Youtube and google ads.

Just interesting how things have shifted over the past few years.

Jeeez
The gurus will soon become the customers :)

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Every time I get on YouTube I see the “guru” ads.

Now, I’d rather just see the normal, regular ads that they show on TV than that shit.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
yes thats what I am talking about, its a strange fad that is bad for the indsutry. It makes is seem like a scam.

The truth is any REAL self made person can see the way something is built to generate income.
not focusing on the junk. But junk makes more money than value, its concerning the direction of society

I'm barely on FB but have tons of "Guru" this and "Guru" that on my Instagram feed. I just ignore most of them. The ones I do check out for comical reasons all say the same thing with the same pictures next to cars, boats, "Hot" girls, etc.

It's like they all read the same book on how to be a duechbag instantly and are following it to a tee.

I will stay on my path of hard work and following the CENTS Commandments!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.