The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who here is actually a millionaire?

machin576

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 7, 2012
Our thoughts determine our beliefs. Our beliefs determine our convictions. Our convictions determine our actions. When you THINK like a millionaire, you ACT like a millionaire, and you can't help become it.

Triple fixed it for you!

When I say THINK, I mean the subconscious, deep in your gut, who you are way of thinking.

Not, "Oh, yeah, I think like a rich person, so I should not let him shut down my MLM dreams."

I mean the thinking that is who you are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
so I am sitting at a bar and this girl comes to me and says "so, what do you do for a living?" while looking at my watch and my shoes.

How do you spell "golddigger"????

Just tell her you work in the construction industry....she wont bother you the rest of the night.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I don't understand why the OP's question gets so much hate!

If someone is a millionaire, they can just say so... Many people in forums, in general, give advice and preach it when they have only read about it, and have no clue how valid it is in real life.

I would take more seriously advice given by someone who has made it, than not.

I agree however with those saying that 1 million is just a number, and that you can learn from people who have made a considerable amount of money, even if it's under 1 million.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Actually I am so very blessed to be a multimillionaire.

Here is what I did in the past 4 hours. Called to find the most reasonable priced hotel I could, I am away on vacation. Got a room at Comfort Inn.

Walked to walmart and bought underwear, socks and a shirt. I ran out of laundry and wont get back to my place until tomorrow.

I bought generic fruit pie at a convenience store because I saw they were on sale Buy One Get One Free. uggg it tasted bad. Note to self, sometimes you do get what you pay for.

I went to the sports bar in the hotel and had a Pabst Blue Ribbon because it was $2 for a pint.

Yes we millionaires live the high life for sure :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Possibly it's the assumption that something is owed and manners, or etiquette. It just seems that the question from a newbie requires an experienced member to prove his worth before being taken seriously. I am not selling or promoting anything. I am taking time out of my life to answer questions asked. It's up to the recipient to decide the value of my advice, not my responsibility to sell it.

Also, when I started, there was no easy forum method to ask for advice. No method for me to vet the advice I received. I had to ask, receive, and make my own choices. I don't mind helping another member but there is no obligation on my part to do so.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

If someone is a millionaire, they can just say so... Many people in forums, in general, give advice and preach it when they have only read about it, and have no clue how valid it is in real life.

I agree however with those saying that 1 million is just a number, and that you can learn from people who have made a considerable amount of money, even if it's under 1 million.

Is it possible to agree with a post 200%? If not then I agree with this post 100%.

SPEED +

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Patrick... I was gonna see if you wanted to split a suite at B&P... but based on the whole generic fruit pie thing that's not the weekend of Patron and Fuentes I envisioned. :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Patrick... I was gonna see if you wanted to split a suite at B&P... but based on the whole generic fruit pie thing that's not the weekend of Patron and Fuentes I envisioned. :)

Split a suite?

Maybe a campsite outside with SPAM roasted over an open fire with some PBRs ok but not a suite lol

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'll stop by for a visit. Let me know if you need me to send down anything for you.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Actually I am so very blessed to be a multimillionaire.

Here is what I did in the past 4 hours. Called to find the most reasonable priced hotel I could, I am away on vacation. Got a room at Comfort Inn.

Walked to walmart and bought underwear, socks and a shirt. I ran out of laundry and wont get back to my place until tomorrow.

I bought generic fruit pie at a convenience store because I saw they were on sale Buy One Get One Free. uggg it tasted bad. Note to self, sometimes you do get what you pay for.

I went to the sports bar in the hotel and had a Pabst Blue Ribbon because it was $2 for a pint.

Yes we millionaires live the high life for sure :)

C'mon dude, at least have a Canadian. You're in Quebec, after all.

DISCLAIMER: Canadian may or may not taste like horse piss

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
lol

Actually tonight I am back in the USA thank goodness. Last night I had a bud light as that is all they had BUT it was a Canadian Bud light so an extra 1% of alcohol.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like we got a total of 1 millionaire to admit to his worth. To be honest, I could probably list the active members with a net worth in the millions, but I never had to ask. My advice to you man, focus on asking questions about BECOMING a millionaire ("Process" based questions are going to be the ticket here). You'll quickly find out who has it and who doesn't, and those are the people you'll want to shut up and listen to when they take some of their time and use it to help you.

To answer your question in relation to myself though. My rep speed does correlate with my worth directly. I have exactly $40.00 :) (At least until someone speed+'s this post and screws it all up! Just kidding guys, feel free :p )

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I can actually provide you with an exact reason for the millionaires here to NOT elaborate on their assets or wealth.

A well off, local, acquaintance of mine's mother was killed by a thug looking for some assets about 2 years ago. The thug knew of my acquaintance and invaded their home. The mother was home and was shot in the head, point blank. It was documented that the 60+ year old mother offered the thug no resistance. Thug was under the influence of drugs and had mental disabilities. Thug was recently sentenced to be executed. The murder was less than 5 miles from my house.

This is a public forum with thousands of lurkers in addition to silent members. Also, these posts are indexed by google.

I am not so concerned about myself. I am not going to intentionally set my relatives up for disaster.

I only give advice in the areas that I have direct knowledge of. If my 5 years here and my post count don't speak for my credibility then suit yourself, don't believe what I say. It makes absolutely no difference to me.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Another question that I'm curious about, and that I really have no one to ask (I know a multi-millionaire or two) is how much money do you have, or do you need, to live the way you WANT to live.

I'm not talking about enough money to buy a Ferrari, because anyone can do that, but a lifestyle where you can buy a Ferrari and still have enough passive income to live nicely and not worry that you just purchased a $100-300k car. I know a couple of people who have bought nice Ferarris, but couldn't afford to keep them. Leveraged to the hilt, maybe?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I highly doubt anybody here will raise their hand.

One of the things I have noticed in life is that those with money/wealth are the least likely to say they have money/brag. And those who are quick to brag are the ones who don't have any money OR they are gonna lose their money/wealth eventually(rappers, athletes).

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
One of the things I have noticed in life is that those with money/wealth are the least likely to say they have money/brag. And those who are quick to brag are the ones who don't have any money OR they are gonna lose their money/wealth eventually(rappers, athletes).
I think that is very true, I would have to agree 100%.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I highly doubt anybody here will raise their hand.

To take this even further. I have a friend who is very wealthy and all of her stuff is fake, fake LV purses, fake Prada, Rolexes, rings, jewelry, etc... Nobody ever questions their authenticity because if you are wealthy, who is going to think that you have a fake Rolex?

On the other hand, if you are poor or middle class you NEED to buy a real one, because all your friends will ask you if it's real when they see it.

The irony...

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Haha this thread is hilarious, I've heard its bad manners to ask someone how much they make, you could have just went and viewed the success stories on the forum, maybe they're all millionaires,maybe they're not you,who knows? Well figure it out man

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Spend some time on the forums. You will get a feel for who has valuable information and who doesn't. There are several people on here who may not be millionaires, but have significant value nonetheless.

Like anything else, it takes a bit of time and work. You will get a sense of the 'value-adders' and the 'value-takers' after a bit of time.

I always find the original question funny. Those that have the financial success would not likely answer you. The reasons are many; privacy, humility, or just the old adage, "you never ask someone how much that earn or how much they are worth"

But trust me, there are plenty of successful people on here who are adding value.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Possibly it's the assumption that something is owed and manners, or etiquette. It just seems that the question from a newbie requires an experienced member to prove his worth before being taken seriously. I am not selling or promoting anything. I am taking time out of my life to answer questions asked. It's up to the recipient to decide the value of my advice, not my responsibility to sell it.

Greg, very well put. This is basically what I was trying to say as well, but you did it much better. Speed++

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I am not a millionaire. Please feel free to block my posts. Add me to the ignore list.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
Triple fixed it for you!

When I say THINK, I mean the subconscious, deep in your gut, who you are way of thinking.

Not, "Oh, yeah, I think like a rich person, so I should not let him shut down my MLM dreams."

I mean the thinking that is who you are.

Wow that is a great fix.

thoughts-->beliefs-->convictions-->actions.

Encapsulates in four words what I think goes on in a person when they start something new and take it from Event to Process.

I would maybe add something like

[info processing]-->thoughts-->beliefs-->convictions-->actions

if only because a person won't first start thinking about how to create wealth if they do not first read "how to create wealth 101," or ask their wealthy friend how they did it, or get a mentor, etc. The thoughts have to feed on something. But maybe that is self-evident.

Speed+

edit - I think sometimes what bugs me is the guru stuff that claims simply thinking well will do the belief-->conviction-->action part for you. Ultimately you've got to do something 99.9% of people find too painful/risky to do, and that's going to require some serious balls and unshakable conviction.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for in a forum about becoming a millionaire, but here's my honest opinion about being a millionaire:

I won't answer how much money I have or make (you shouldn't judge people by these criteria), but I will say that it doesn't matter how much money you have. As long as you're happy with what you have, then you don't need to look at your bank statement for validation. It's just a number on a piece of paper after all. Peace of mind, security, privacy, and healthy relationships are more important than becoming a millionaire. I can tell you that I am as happy now as I was when I was just living in my small college dorm room a few years ago. Okay, maybe I'm a little bit happier now than before, but you get the point. Don't let all the commercials and consumerism tell you that your life will only be happy if you buy a Ferrari or other material goods. You only have so much dopamine in your brain to make you happy. If you think that being a millionaire will keep your body constantly producing dopamine, then you're wrong. Drugs will do a more consistent job at that (not that I recommend using drugs). Happiness is all relative after all; so if buying a $30k sports sedan makes you 90% happy, then a $300k Ferrari won't make you 900% happy. It'll just bump it up by an extra 5-10%, even though the car costs ten times as much. That's about it. And the happiest moments in my life are not when I buy expensive cars and houses. It's when I get to spend time with the people I love and care about (which is free).

Now if your goal to be debt-free and have financial freedom to kick-back and not have to work in a 9-5 office job, then that's a different story. In that case, probably around 70k a year for the rest of your life in passive income is enough to not have to work in an office again. You don't need to be a millionaire. That should take care of rent, food, clothes, vacations, and other basic lifestyle fees. Anything more than that will just have diminishing returns. In other words, a person making $10 million a year is not going to be significantly happier than a person making $1 million a year. And a person making $1 million a year is not going to be significantly happier than a person making $100k a year. Unless, of course, the person's happiness is dictated by how much he makes compared to others. That kind of insecurity will always be a losing game, because there will always be someone somewhere who is making more money than you (with the exception of one person).

So always be happy with your life, but never satisfied.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Allen: speed+++ for your post.

I'm where you and many other millionaires once were: I'm in college, eating nothing but noodles, trying to stay on top of everything while building a business. I'm pretty happy. I love my life, despite being worried about some things. I have fun as much as possible while trying to get as much as possible done. I'm not broke (got a couple K in savings in case shit goes sour), but I don't have a very good income, either.

I want to be rich so I can increase my freedom and decrease my stress. I don't want to stress out about money. I want to be able to visit my family and friends (I have family and friends from Cali to Korea) whenever I want. I want to buy whatever foods I want at the grocery store and not have to eat noodles every day (although, some of my $1 dishes will end up on my permanent menu cuz they so good). I also know that I can do this with a upper-class workman's salary, so long as I have the time to do them (which is where the get a job thing fails). I don't need $1 million a year to do what I want.

I just hope that riches don't make me less happy.

To the OP (I know this thread is kinda old): I understand your concern: you want to know whether the advice that is given on the forum is given by people who can walk the walk. Rep speed is pretty handy for that purpose (unless you are a guy who drives an azure blue Aventador who came here to answer questions about his book). $1 million is just a number, man.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Another question that I'm curious about, and that I really have no one to ask (I know a multi-millionaire or two) is how much money do you have, or do you need, to live the way you WANT to live.
You should take a look at this article by MJ, if you haven't already? Otherwise, somebody else may get something out of it. Very interesting and valuable reading:
How to Never Work Another Day in Your Life, The Money-System Portfolio

This should be teached in school for kids. :cool:

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
I was at a bar in LA a while back, and some guy was partying it up with his friends because he was celebrating his new job position and raise in his company. He came off when he met me as bragging condescendingly, as if to say "look how great I am and how pathetic you are." It was arrogant and tacky, and people that actually make a significant amount of money don't generally talk about how much they make. There was nothing in it for me to tell him that I make triple of what he did, but I was able to quickly judge his character and knew I didn't want to have anything more to do with him. I said, "Congratulations! Good luck to you," then I left with my girlfriend at the time.

My point is, asking people how much they make or what their net worth is often perceived as tacky and inappropriate. I would, instead, listen to what MJ said and look at people's reputation here. Generally, those that have valuable information that the community finds useful will get stronger reputations. And I would postulate that those with strong reputations also have a net worth that correlates accordingly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.