The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who here is actually a millionaire?

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
All of us are millionaires in something...I've had a million brain farts myself; many are millionaires in excuses, a few have a million in the bank; but we are all millionaires in "something" nonetheless.

What would you like to know? :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im a trillionaire.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He came off when he met me as bragging condescendingly, as if to say "look how great I am and how pathetic you are." It was arrogant and tacky, and people that actually make a significant amount of money don't generally talk about how much they make.

Reminds me of a funny story, almost like the "because I can" thread.

A few years ago I met a stranger at our regular group happy hour (its about 15 regulars and once in awhile a few newbs join the party). Anyway, this guy comes in all cocksure and starts bragging that he sells BMW's. He then proceeds to brag that he made $5K last month. $5K! I remember my friend giving me a smirk across the table. I can't imagine announcing such a thing to a group of strangers, let alone friends!

So anyhow, this guy goes on-and-on about his great job seemingly forever, and then comments on the nearby Lamborghini Diablo parked just several feet away, in the valet atrium, saying something like it's probably some stupid trust fund kid. I replied calmly, "Ehhh, I'd bet it's probably some entrepreneur-type making $5K/day, not $5k/month". (Mind you I said this in a humorous, joking type tone.)

Anyhow, that was the end of it. Fast forward an hour or so and I get up to leave, I say it was nice meeting him, and I walk over to my Lamborghini Diablo parked just a few feet away, get in, and drive away.

BMW guy... owned.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
I'm just plain ol' rich in my books. I've got more time than Warren Buffet.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I am dictator of a country. I win.

Kak is on to something here. I believe this meets the CENTS requirements, plus you CAN actually print your own money.....I'm off to one of those "Stan" countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

imirza

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 29, 2007
10% of households in the US have a networth of over a million dollars.
There are over 100,000 people in the US that earn over a million dollars a year
There are over 20,000 people in the US that earn over $25 million a year
There are 40,000 households that have a networth in excess of $50 million

A million dollars today is nothing. If you consider the value of money today and back in 1900, you would need over $20 million today for the equivalent of $1 million back then. In order to call yourself a millionaire, I think you need to have at least $10 million. $1-5 mil IMO is peanuts. $20 mil plus and maybe you can call yourself a multi millionaire. At least that's the number the real millionaire life style starts at - private jets, yachts, mansions etc

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Kak is on to something here. I believe this meets the CENTS requirements, plus you CAN actually print your own money.....I'm off to one of those "Stan" countries.

LMAO. Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

A million dollars today is nothing. If you consider the value of money today and back in 1900, you would need over $20 million today for the equivalent of $1 million back then. In order to call yourself a millionaire, I think you need to have at least $10 million. $1-5 mil IMO is peanuts. $20 mil plus and maybe you can call yourself a multi millionaire. At least that's the number the real millionaire life style starts at - private jets, yachts, mansions etc

You have an excellent point.

A million-dollar net worth is something Slowlaners strive for and getting it isn't very difficult if you have a high-paying job. A million dollars in income is something Fastlaners strive for... and then hope to exceed.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If Andrew Carnegie of Carnegie Steel was alive today, his net worth would be over $300 billion. B-b-b-billion, with a b. In his time, his net worth was over $300,000,000. Talk about wealth!

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
If Andrew Carnegie of Carnegie Steel was alive today, his net worth would be over $300 billion. B-b-b-billion, with a b. In his time, his net worth was over $300,000,000. Talk about wealth!

Oldschool capitalists had crazy monopolistic empires. Not that they don't today but I saw that recent special on TV with the Rockefellers, Carnegies etc. I remember reading the British East India Co. was bringing in the loot.

Back in the day there was less competition, less laws and companies could get away with some wild stuff.

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Oldschool capitalists had crazy monopolistic empires. Not that they don't today but I saw that recent special on TV with the Rockefellers, Carnegies etc. I remember reading the British East India Co. was bringing in the loot.

Back in the day there was less competition, less laws and companies could get away with some wild stuff.

There are a lot of misconceptions about that period in time.

The Truth About the "Robber Barons" - Thomas J. DiLorenzo - Mises Daily

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Political entrepreneurship sounds great. Might as well capitalize on this aweful government.

To a certain extent, I agree...I will take advantage of money already out there so long as it doesn't directly violate my own conscience (such as creating or helping to create more weapons of destruction to kill children overseas), but as long as the money is already earmarked, I'd rather take it and reinvest it in the economy than see it go to waste.

However, I sure as hell am not going to lobby for new programs or special treatment, or look for ways to regulate my competition out of business, or otherwise wield the gun of government to coerce others to my own benefit. It's disgusting, it's immoral, and it's cowardly. If you can't compete by providing better products or service to your customers, then you deserve to fail.

I'll say that again. If you need government to point a gun at your competitors, you are a parasite, and you deserve to fail.

Edit: This was not necessarily directed @ you, Kak. Just a sore spot for me.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

A multimillionaire is someone worth over 2 million, period. It's math. However, you do have a point with inflation. If all you can think about is private jets and yachts, you're dreaming, and you aren't focused.

To some, the millionaire lifestyle is about freedom. Freedom from a boss, job, and freedom to do as you please. Many don't need a yacht or jet. I can go anywhere I want without my own private jet. Why do I need it?

And, I personally know people who do not have a 20 million net worth who own Ferraris, Mansions, yachts, etc. (although I don't know anyone personally with a private jet). It's all relative...

For me...I'd probably be happy with $5 million to $10 million...I could live an extremely comfortable life until I die, and I would be free. That's all I'm shooting for, and it is all that will take to be content (in regards to money/wealth). If I can buy a small little house on a beach in Hawaii...that's just icing on the cake.

Nicolas43

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 27, 2010
Canada
I love the question, but I would phrase it another way: Is anyone here making any real money (enough to pay all expenses, live with a little luxuary, and not have to work a day time job again) through an online business. Very curios to know what the replies are. The key words are real income and online business.

Thanks in advance.
N

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I love the question, but I would phrase it another way: Is anyone here making any real money (enough to pay all expenses, live with a little *luxury*, and not have to work a day time job again) through an online business. Very *curious* to know what the replies are. The key words are real income and online business.

Thanks in advance.
N

Did you read the thread???? The answers are available on the forum; if you are dying to know, do some digging.

I find people asking who is making money or not as quite rude (and apparently so does everyone else on here), you focus on if you're rich or not instead of if other people are rich or not. I pay all my expenses, live with a little luxury, don't have to work a day job ever, I have real income and an online business, so am I rich???

It's about as annoying as asking this question: You've been on here for almost 3 years, what have you accomplished so far? You rich?

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
We can be all millionaires in our way.

That depends on your attitude and outlook in life.

You may have millions of dollar but doesn't have a family of true friends.

You may have thousands of loving people around you and you're happy.

You can't count wealth by just millions.

I guess you need to ask yourself, " How much is enough for me to be happy and to live a comfortable life?"

Anthony_44

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 5, 2012
North Carolina, USA
I think the reason so many people want to be a "Millionaire" is because they don't really know what they want in life and it is because of this same reason that most people never act on their ideas. Without a plan of where you want to go it is hard to stay motivated every day to work towards your goals that are vague and undefined. Now with that said, I do believe writing truthful goals that motivate is one of the hardest things to do because you really have to look inward to do it. I remember when I first started reading motivational/business/self-help books, everyone said that I needed to make goals and focus on them to stay motivated, so I went out and printed a bunch of pictures of expensive cars, fancy houses, and other material things. I would then fall flat on my face 2 weeks later from a motivational standpoint and look at those pictures and wonder why I wasn't motivated. I knew I wasn't happy where I was, but at the same time I wasn't pushed by my "Motivation" at all either. Only after a long time and my goals continually evolving into what they truly should be do I feel motivated by looking at them. I discovered that my pursuit of wealth wasn't to buy myself the expensive toys, but to be able to give those around me luxury. I can sit and think of nice cars and not feel one bit motivated to work on my ideas, but the moment I think about helping my fiance open her business, paying off my parents debt, or taking my friends on an expensive vacation I am energized. I look back and I think everyone wants to be wealthy because thats what everyone else wants, but when it comes down to it, they really just lack the imagination and honestly when looking at themselves to realize what they truly desire. It is like saying I want to be in good shape, when there are varying levels in shape. One person could want to be a great long distance runner and another could want to be impressive at the beach. Both could be conceived as being is superb shape but the vague description means something different for everyone. Same with wealth. If you don't understand your true motivation for wealth, then how are you supposed to put an exact number on where you want to be.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
I sell solar powered refrigerators to third world countries for storage of vaccinations. Its safer than the ones they use that run off of propane.

I also implemented individually sterilized office supplies to be used in clean-rooms and other sterile environments that hadn't yet been implemented until I came around.

I'm worth 128 million.

Good luck to ya'

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
A lot of peasants here trying to justify being mediocre, you either a millionaire or you're not. It's simple.

Let me tell you if you called me a peasant to my face you would be on the way to the hospital, not a threat, a promise. What are you some type of royal prick?

(Let alone who the fvck uses the term peasant? It's 2012 not 1400's last time I checked)

Can we ban this sad POS trying to justify his lowly worthless existence? :banned::ban2: Please Mods, PLEASSSEEE

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
A lot of peasants here trying to justify being mediocre, you either a millionaire or you're not. It's simple.
Dude. Searching your forum posts (all four of them), you demonstrate an amazing ability to be a complete tool. I'm guessing you're cherry picking exactly which threads will yeild the greatest troll return.

Get to posting some value or go back to lurking. Keeping on this track will get you banned - I guarantee it.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Ban ban ban ban

this-is-sparta-o.gif

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm a millionaire...

in my mind! Now just give me the necessary time to make it happen :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.