The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who did you want to be when you grew up?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
A friend of mine and I are going flying in one of his planes later this week. I am really excited as I love to fly and really want to get my pilot's license at some point. His invite got me thinking back to how I first got interested in flying, and who my first hero who had an influence on me was.

...The very first movie I remember seeing was Return of the Jedi; I was around 6. I left that movie wanting to be Han Solo. My brother and I would play in the backyard for hours acting out different scenes from the movie: our dogs became those desert camels that they rode around on, the cats became Ewoks and our parents became Storm Troopers. I wanted nothing more than to fly around with a giant talking dog as my co-pilot. All I thought about was flying, well, and how cool it would be if I could understand what my dog was saying. If it wasn't for that movie, and the character of Han, I don't know if I would've become interested in flying.

Who is the first person (real or otherwise) that has had some sort of lasting influence on you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
This is a tough one, but I guess going back to my toddler years my earliest memory of celebrities I used to emulate were George Harrison(I loved the "Got My Mind Set On You" video) and Lou Rawls(couldn't name a song, but I remember dancing like a fool to his music)

As far as who I wanted to be- MARK GRACE(former Cubs first-baseman), as he was not only a left-handed, blonde-haired/blue eyed 1B(like me), he was also a ladies man :smxB:

Even funnier is the baseball player I became was very similar- although I have much more speed(despite my size- 6'4" 260) and have since become an outfielder b/c my "scooping" abilities at 1B aren't quite as good, but when it comes to hitting I have developed into a line-drives, singles/doubles hitter just like him, but hopefully next season I can turn my warning-track flies into HR's :coolgleamA:

And oh yea, he drove a Dodge Stealth, I have a Mitsu 3000GT(same car)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Even funnier is the baseball player I became was very similar- although I have much more speed(despite my size- 6'4" 260)

I feel sorry for whoever crashes into you trying to steal a base! It must be like hitting a friggin brick wall!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Navy Seal/Special Forces.... all we used to do was train ourselves and also train in survivorship everyday during school summers and through out winter etc on the weekends /weeknights. in fact first it was SWAT before NS. later in life it was NS/SF. Still have most of the gear, and my pantry has MRE's in the bottom.

and no, never in the military nor was any immediate family.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
A successful lawyer or Donald Trump.

I have a 5th grade paper around here somewhere, in it I talked about wanting to be like Trump.

When I was really little I wanted to work which machines in construction. IE what I do sometimes today. Funny how stuff works. I loved John Deere when I was 4 and now I want a John Deere back hoe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.