The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I looked at all of it real closely in the end run the location is iffy...on a small cul-de-sac with 12 other houses, ALL 12 of them are boarding kennels, a new 45 unit housing development being built right behind the kennels, some potential zoning changes, and I would of had to come up with 10% of the money, they were only willing to finance 90%...It just didn't look like a good scenario for me. Plus Robert really isn't on board. I have looked at many others out of CA but he always hates the location or has some other complaint. He told me to look for j-o-b in a kennel so I can at least be doing what I love. I will but working in one isn't quite the same as owning it. I found one just outside Charlotte, NC and one outside Baltimore that would of been perfect, both much more reasonably priced, much larger, with seller financing, but he looked at me like I was Janet from another planet when I told him where they were. Such is life :).

Sue

Do you know what the business itself it worth? ...A property is only worth what a buyer will buy it for. I would sit down with Robert and figure out the value of the business and include a value for the home, and then submit that offer to the sellers. I would approach them without a Realtor, and sit down and explain your offer to them. I can't imagine that if they need or want to sell, that many people are banging down their door. After you submit the offer, tell them that you will continue to follow up with them. I think you might be surprised at what people go for once the get real.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Love it MJ, Brilliant article.

But as for me, i've wanted to be many things. But around all of them i've always had the idea of being rich there. ALWAYS =]

P.S. Keep in mind that my dad taught me how to play cards as soon as i could hold 5 in my hands.

Around age 6-8 = Professional Poker Player/ Musician
ages 9-13 = Professional skate/snowboarder/ Poker player
14-16 (now) = Anything where Im not working for "the man" and im wealthy ;). And of course ill try to fit in some poker <3. =]

Most of all. I dont want to say, "i wish i did this and i wish i did that..." I want to be able to live life without worries. =]

Edit: I have also always been told that id be a great businessman/ entrepreneur, which is a big thing in my life as well, I would absolutely love to be, "the man". :)

knot22

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2009
rural Wisconsin
"I want to be a hair dresser" (~ age 3). This was later abandoned for "I want to be a cowgirl" (~ age 5). At age 22, I was a ranch hand for a summer - rode horse, checked fence, doctored cattle. It was a great adventure, though it wasn't that lucrative - instead, it was all about doing what you love.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Actor.

James Bond.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.