The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which phones do you own?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
For what it's worth - my in-laws have Samsung android devices and I hate them. Don't know the models but they are just... clunky.

Google really nailed it with their first-party phones.

I can't justify the upgrade right now from my Nexus 5x (it works well enough for now) but I'll be grabbing their latest Pixel series as soon as I do make that leap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Apple does most if not all of that in some way, shape, or form.

I have an iPhone 7. Tried switching to an android powered HTC phone once but didn't like the android interface. iPhone seems more intuitive than other operating systems to me. The only thing I don't like is no standard earbud/headphone jack.
You can customise Android/Ubuntu Touch.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Could you make it with this quote instead? "Quit writing your life with somebody else's pen." I have a iphone 8 plus now.
Boom!

pMjCDjD.png

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
For what it's worth - my in-laws have Samsung android devices and I hate them. Don't know the models but they are just... clunky.

Agree 100% and the oversaturation on the Samsung screen I find really fatiguing. I had the Nexus 5 and moved to the dual-sim OnePlus 3. Similar experience as a Google first-party device.

But... WTF is this?

Google has my life by the balls and if I'm being honest it feels kind of good.

Be thankful that @GlobalWealth or @LightHouse haven't seen this yet. :p

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I can't justify the upgrade right now from my Nexus 5x (it works well enough for now) but I'll be grabbing their latest Pixel series as soon as I do make that leap.

Pixel 3 coming out this fall with the new operating system

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 that cost me 130€.

I was going to get another one after I dropped it and the screen got scratched, but I don't even see the fractures anymore.

The battery lasts for days... More than enough for me, the next one will have a bigger screen though (this one is 5").

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
It requires you to sign your life away to them, of course, but everything becomes so effortless once you do. They have strong, deep roots in just about everything I do technology-wise these days.

It's all peaches and cream until the system is used against you.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Xiaomi Mi Max

Cheap AF and looks good. Large screen but not nearly as big as a tablet, and can be used to light work on it.

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
Echos from my consumerism past I have an iPhone 8 on a device payment, planning to keep it for as long it will last once it's paid off. Done with the upgrade/payment trap.

Barton316

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 11, 2018
Im using the 3 in 1 J8 at the moment which is the worlds smallest phone, i previously did not have phone for about 8 months as my smart phone was taking over my life. (Im 24) Now i only use it for calls and texts. If the time comes where a smart phone is actually needed i will usr it for its function no more no less.

Last edited:

kanunay

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 20, 2018
United States
iPhone 6s. I'd like use it until it dies, just like the Motorola phone I had prior to this one, but with all the iOS updates I don't know if I can just swap out the SIM card when I'm in the Philippines. It worked when the phone was new but I've heard rumors that you can't do it anymore.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I always buy the previous version of some sort of non-Samsung flagship Android phone. I get them for about half price of when they were new, and it keeps my phone plan nice and cheap as I "BYOP".

However, I have a baby on the way, and the Huawei P20 Pro is REALLY grabbing my attention. I can get it on a 2 year contract which will only increase my phone plan by $5 a month, and it lowers the price of the phone significantly over outright purchasing it. As I stated, baby on the way, this makes me want to have something that takes awesome pictures quickly. I have never really desired the latest and greatest, but the camera on this thing makes me now want to upgrade.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Moto 5G on Republic Wireless. Phone cost about $200 and my bill is $20/month. Not top of the line, but works pretty darn well and is good enough for what I need.

Also, I've found that Android is way better than iOS these days. I find Android (and the whole Google ecosystem) to be intuitive and helpful and iOS to be intrusive and just freakin annoying. Can't agree more with Vigilante and JAJT on Android and Google's superiority.

PRO2018

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 20, 2017
There was a day where the Apple iOS platform was far superior to Android. No longer true.

I second that. I was an Apple fan too. Recently moved to Android and can't be happier. iOS is too restrictive. Years back I put up with this for the stability and reliability that it offered as opposed to an android. No longer the case.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Had a Motorola Turbo 2 until I 'lost' it tonight. I was at a Sam's Club (business class Walmart) and a Pizza slice called my name. Had to stop and fill the itch. Dumped the plate in the trash and left my phone on the table.

Half hour later when I realized my predicament, called member services to no avail. Someone had already absconded with my tool of choice.

Shot over to Verizon. Took a gander at the Galaxy's and liked the screen on the S9. Salesman was spouting all the bells and whistles but all I wanted to know was if I didn't like it, what was the return policy.

I got 14 days to figure if I like it or not.

Functionality and decent speed. That all I want. It's a tool for me.

I didn't want to be mistaken for the 'walking dead,' head bent over gripping my phone in my hands so I asked them to leave it in the box and headed out the door.

10 minutes and I was on the freeway.

14 days and time will tell...

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
Owning a S8. I bought it 6 months after launch for a great price. I left iOS after years of using iPhones for Android ans don't want to go back. I only wish my phone was faster at some times, I hate Samsung lags.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A 3 year old iPhone 5S.

Counter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 21, 2018
I am using Lenovo Tab 2. It is really a nice SIM card supported tab which gives me an ease to use it as a smartphone. It also has a good built-in memory and good support for the sd card as well. So, a complete ease for me! What is your story?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.