The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which ad networks are the best? (biggest returns for publishers)

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
"Better" -- none. With adwords you have access to paid search and the google display network with an unparalleled amount of targeting options.

Adcenter is like Adwords 5 years ago and you can't buy display ads through. Networks like Tribalfusion and Valueclick will force you to sign a contract and then the sales people will try every trick in the book to rape if you know don't know exactly what your doing.

Display advertising is moving toward real time bidding through exchanges. That means you are buying display advertising from all the networks seamlessly. The problem is that in order to get direct access to the exchange you need to commit to pretty big spends.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
"Better" -- none. With adwords you have access to paid search and the google display network with an unparalleled amount of targeting options.

Adcenter is like Adwords 5 years ago and you can't buy display ads through. Networks like Tribalfusion and Valueclick will force you to sign a contract and then the sales people will try every trick in the book to rape if you know don't know exactly what your doing.

Display advertising is moving toward real time bidding through exchanges. That means you are buying display advertising from all the networks seamlessly. The problem is that in order to get direct access to the exchange you need to commit to pretty big spends.

I meant more from a publishers perspective. So, for instance if I have a lot of traffic on my site, which ad network or exchange is the best to use? Right now I'm looking at Right Media and AdBrite as possible options.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
I've looked into them, but no not actually used them yet. Would love to hear some feedback if there is any, actually...

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I've just checked out their site. I don't think they have as many advertisers as adbrite so you wouldn't be able to target ads as specifically as you'd like. For instance, if you have a site where most of the visitors are males between the ages of 16-30, you'd want to have ads that they would be more likely to click on like ones for sports equipment, video games, etc.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Anyone tried google remarketing?

Could be a goldmine if done correctly (ie, w/humor and style)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
If you are at a million page views a month, you can check out Tribal Fusion and Value Click, your best network is one that goes with your vertical market. But to get a vertical network interested, you usually have to have 2 million page views a month.

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
Maybe Facebook advertising. You can choose the exact demographics you wish to target which is really cool. I haven't used it but have heard from many IMers how good it is.

ihenman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 18, 2011
Anyone try BlogAds? (From either publisher or advertiser perspective).

Low CTR and truthfully low quality inventory. I'd spend my money learning Facebook advertising for some products or just stick with MSN adcenter and Adwords.

I've never been able to get a good ROI in second and third tier PPC or display ad networks.

ihenman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 18, 2011
Commission Junction, LinkShare, ShareASale, NeverBlueAds and ClickBooth have been great for me.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Commission Junction, LinkShare, ShareASale, NeverBlueAds and ClickBooth have been great for me.
These would be considered "cost per action" networks or CPA. To get paid your traffic has to do something, either buy, provide some personal information or do a survey. With the right traffic you can make great money with these.

Last edited:

ihenman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 18, 2011
CPA Has always generally stood for "cost per action" not click. It is generally meaning an action that takes place other then a sale.

I.e. And email or name submit in a forum or a fee trial request with a credit card.

CPA networks, such as neverblueads and click pith are good launching a new product or offer, but generally are a short term commitment.

Networks link commission junction, linkshare and shareable are more known as "affiliate networks" where as an advertiser you pay a % of each sale to the affiliate.

Some people are calling this CPA as well, and using it as a more blanket term.

Affiliate networks are usually a longer term approach to marketing.

accelerator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 25, 2011
Anything but adwords for me. Prices are to high ( to many newbies or big companies have no clue what there doing), Facebook is good or bing. Adwords can be good but it depends what market/niche your in. I mostly hate adwords because of the quality score system and a lot of their bullshit rules.

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
Clickbooth has a cpc thing going now, but I haven't tried it.

I personally use adwords as much as I can since the traffic from search is as quality as you're going to get.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
EWA (Eagle Web Assets), Wolfstorm Media, Convert2Media have been the top CPA networks for me. EWA and Wolfstorm may be private, but if you can get in, they have higher payouts than a lot others that I've tried (Neverblue, copeac).

Hint: You may try signing up for PPC coach's 14 day trial for 1$ and finding the owners/affiliate managers on there to get you in.

In terms of actual advertising platforms, Adwords is still top. For dating offers, Facebook and Plenty of Fish convert very well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.