The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where would you Travel to for learning?

Bonelli

Books Junkie
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 4, 2019
Brazil
What's up Fastlaner!

If you were willing travel to somewhere in the world (imagine you have never traveled before) and you want to create new experiences for yourself and learn as much as you can, where would you go to?

Also, somewhere to have some chaos. There's a book by Nassim Taleb, it's called Anti Fragile, and there he talks about how big damage (but not big enough that would make unrecoverable damage) and a long time to recover makes you evolve.

Imagine it is a learning trip (you would carry with you a bunch of books), meet new people and get to know new places. :bulb:

Where would you go?

Thank you so much, wish you the best! :praise:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Indonesia and Vietnam.

I've only done Bali (extensively) in Indo, which s a damn shame when you look at all the amazing places in Indonesia. As for Vietnam, I still feel like I'm recovering from the year I spent in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi lol. Don't think I will ever go back but it was an experience.

Bonelli

Books Junkie
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 4, 2019
Brazil
Indonesia and Vietnam.

I've only done Bali (extensively) in Indo, which s a damn shame when you look at all the amazing places in Indonesia. As for Vietnam, I still feel like I'm recovering from the year I spent in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi lol. Don't think I will ever go back but it was an experience.

Nice feedback, Thank you Matt!

At the same caliber of the places you cited, is Tailand, I think you would like there. :thumbsup:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Nice feedback, Thank you Matt!

At the same caliber of the places you cited, is Tailand, I think you would like there. :thumbsup:
Yeah I've travelled through Thailand a lot. But I think the non touristy places of Indonesia are the best actually. Although since you mentioned uncomfortable, I threw in Vietnam lol.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yeah I've travelled through Thailand a lot. But I think the non touristy places of Indonesia are the best actually. Although since you mentioned uncomfortable, I threw in Vietnam lol.

What’s wrong with Vietnam? I’ve been twice as a tourist and loved it, kind of wanted to move ther both times

China is a cool and an experience, not many people speak English but there’s a lot there to see and do. The absolute lack of English and such a huge country and different culture can create some difficult experiences but there’s amazing stuff to do there too.

Last edited:

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
After going to cities in 30+ countries, in terms of learning, I'd still have to say New York. Just walking around is a lesson in architecture, urban planning (or lack) and civil engineering. You have to be able to interact with people of all varieties, you have to be quick and sharp witted or you'll be left behind. You gotta have a sense of humour or you'll lose your mind. Everyone is trying to do something and make something of themselves from music to art to finance to sports to food, it's incredibly competitive and pushes you to do better in what you do. For silver and bronze, I'd give it to Tokyo and Haida Gwaii.

Bonelli

Books Junkie
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 4, 2019
Brazil
China is a cool and an experience, not many people speak English but there’s a lot there to see and do. The absolute lack of English and such a huge country and different culture can create some difficult experiences but there’s amazing stuff to do there too.

Amazing, definitively a place to consider. Thank you!

After going to cities in 30+ countries, in terms of learning, I'd still have to say New York. Just walking around is a lesson in architecture, urban planning (or lack) and civil engineering. You have to be able to interact with people of all varieties, you have to be quick and sharp witted or you'll be left behind. You gotta have a sense of humour or you'll lose your mind. Everyone is trying to do something and make something of themselves from music to art to finance to sports to food, it's incredibly competitive and pushes you to do better in what you do. For silver and bronze, I'd give it to Tokyo and Haida Gwaii.

This is so awesome, I'll definitively put NY at #1 in my to go list after this. Thank you!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
the countryside, and give myself 8-12 months with 3-4 text books and work through them.

After that, travel the world to study for 6-12 months a time with great composers.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What’s wrong with Vietnam? I’ve been twice as a tourist and loved it, kind of wanted to move ther both times

I lived in HCM for 4 months in 2016 and Hanoi for almost a year in 2017. The novelty and honeymoon period does wear off and the challenges come in, believe me!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Phoenix, Arizona.

Just soaking in the air there would increase my chances of succeeding in the Fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.