• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

OFF-TOPIC Where would you Travel to for learning?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Bonelli, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Bonelli

Bonelli Books Junkie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $82
    What's up Fastlaner!

If you were willing travel to somewhere in the world (imagine you have never traveled before) and you want to create new experiences for yourself and learn as much as you can, where would you go to?

Also, somewhere to have some chaos. There's a book by Nassim Taleb, it's called Anti Fragile, and there he talks about how big damage (but not big enough that would make unrecoverable damage) and a long time to recover makes you evolve.

Imagine it is a learning trip (you would carry with you a bunch of books), meet new people and get to know new places. :bulb:

Where would you go?

Thank you so much, wish you the best! :praise:

Dmoneyzzz likes this.
  2. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,465
  3. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $186,231
  4. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,614
    the desert

5. Bonelli

Bonelli Books Junkie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $82
  6. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,881
    Indonesia and Vietnam.

I've only done Bali (extensively) in Indo, which s a damn shame when you look at all the amazing places in Indonesia. As for Vietnam, I still feel like I'm recovering from the year I spent in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi lol. Don't think I will ever go back but it was an experience.

Daniel A and Bonelli like this.
  7. Bonelli

Rep Bank:
    $82
    Nice feedback, Thank you Matt!

At the same caliber of the places you cited, is Tailand, I think you would like there. :thumbsup:

MattR82 likes this.
  8. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,881
    Yeah I've travelled through Thailand a lot. But I think the non touristy places of Indonesia are the best actually. Although since you mentioned uncomfortable, I threw in Vietnam lol.

Bonelli likes this.
  9. Himanshu Gajwani

Himanshu Gajwani New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $22
    You should try Philippines then. The place is amazing!

Bonelli likes this.
  10. BookwormMitch

BookwormMitch Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $583
    What’s wrong with Vietnam? I’ve been twice as a tourist and loved it, kind of wanted to move ther both times

China is a cool and an experience, not many people speak English but there’s a lot there to see and do. The absolute lack of English and such a huge country and different culture can create some difficult experiences but there’s amazing stuff to do there too.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Bonelli likes this.
  11. Valhalla

Valhalla Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $535
    After going to cities in 30+ countries, in terms of learning, I'd still have to say New York. Just walking around is a lesson in architecture, urban planning (or lack) and civil engineering. You have to be able to interact with people of all varieties, you have to be quick and sharp witted or you'll be left behind. You gotta have a sense of humour or you'll lose your mind. Everyone is trying to do something and make something of themselves from music to art to finance to sports to food, it's incredibly competitive and pushes you to do better in what you do. For silver and bronze, I'd give it to Tokyo and Haida Gwaii.

Bonelli likes this.
  12. Bonelli

Rep Bank:
    $82
    Amazing, definitively a place to consider. Thank you!

This is so awesome, I'll definitively put NY at #1 in my to go list after this. Thank you!

13. SamRussell

SamRussell Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $677
    the countryside, and give myself 8-12 months with 3-4 text books and work through them.

After that, travel the world to study for 6-12 months a time with great composers.

Bonelli likes this.
  14. MattR82

Rep Bank:
    $1,881
    I lived in HCM for 4 months in 2016 and Hanoi for almost a year in 2017. The novelty and honeymoon period does wear off and the challenges come in, believe me!

Xeon and BookwormMitch like this.
  15. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,200
    Phoenix, Arizona.

Just soaking in the air there would increase my chances of succeeding in the Fastlane.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.