The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

where do you get your idea?

Idea threads

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
Just an assumption, but you probably feel like it's "hard" to find an idea. Already done, too much capital required, too complex, not needed, etc.

In reality, none of that matters, because you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Every idea is already done, but you can do them cheaper, faster, better, any or all of the three. You can offer different pricing models, you can make the product/service more efficient, you can change the targeting, you can add additional products/services.

I felt like shit for a while, I had no ideas, I couldn't even get started. Now, I have the opposite problem, I get new ideas daily. However, none of them is really new. They all take something that's already done and add twists to them.

For example, I am mainly a freelance copywriter. There are 100s of thousands out there "like me". But I choose to work with specific businesses (narrowing my audience). I extend my services to areas that other copywriters usually are not competent in (adding value). And I do my best to deliver better services than others (most suck, that's the reality). The scale is infinite, even though "everyone is already doing it", and the market is supposedly saturated.

My advice is - learn sales and marketing and provide related services to get going. You will both build a high-leverage skillset, and you will get to learn a ton about every aspect of growing a business without creating your own (you get to "practice" with client businesses).

You can literary take any industry and build a profitable business in it. The key concept is - don't try to do something never done before, just do something better than it's currently done.

Last edited:

eoong

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 3, 2021
Just an assumption, but you probably feel like it's "hard" to find an idea. Already done, too much capital required, too complex, not needed, etc.

In reality, none of that matters, because you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Every idea is already done, but you can do it cheaper, faster, better, any or all of the three. You can offer different pricing models, you can make the product/service more efficient, you can change the targeting, you can add additional products/services.

I felt like shit for a while, I had no ideas, I couldn't even get started. Now, I have the opposite problem, I have new ideas daily. However, none of them is really new. They all take something that's already done and add twists to them.

For example, I am mainly a freelance copywriter. There are 100s of thousands out there "like me". But I choose to work with specific businesses (narrowing my audience), I extend my services to areas that other copywriters usually are not competent in (adding value), and I do my best to deliver better services than others. The scale is infinite, even though "everyone is already doing it".

My advice is - learn sales and marketing and provide related services. You will both build a high-leverage skillset, and you will get to learn a ton about every aspect of growing a business without creating your own (you "practice" with client businesses).

But hey, you can literary take any industry and build a profitable business. The key concept is - don't try to do something never done before, just do something better than currently.
really Thank you

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Inspiring example:

The ship has sailed on this opportunity, but rest assured there are more out there...

1634824567882.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.