The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where can I sell code online?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
I heard that many people usually sell their codes as a side-hustle on different pages. I'm currently making apps (mobile and web) using Python and I want to know where can I sell the codes that I make online in order to start a bigger business which might require more capital than a side-hustle.

Are there any websites in which I can sell the codes online to build capital for a bigger business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I heard that many people usually sell their codes as a side-hustle on different pages. I'm currently making apps (mobile and web) using Python and I want to know where can I sell the codes that I make online in order to start a bigger business which might require more capital than a side-hustle.

Are there any websites in which I can sell the codes online to build capital for a bigger business?
themeforest.net

basedzoomer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 7, 2022

Maybe..

Flippa #1 Marketplace for Buying and Selling Online Businesses

(Do your own research)

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
The statistics on that business model are extremely clear: almost no publishers make any money. Like sub-5%. Publishers who make big money are sub 1%. Don't waste your time.

Secondly, on capital for a bigger business, it is almost universally VC funded startups. I've met several retired-early rich guys -- every single one was VC funded. And yeah will all know examples, magnified through the observation bias of the internet, who bootstrapped the whole thing. They're rare, and you don't want a rare chance at getting rich. You're not going to make the money needed to launch a legit growth business off selling bits of code.

Get into crossover.com or the like, and use that to pay your bills and save money.

Then if you want a bigger business follow the example of Whatsapp etc, where they built it in their own time until it gained traction (as an actual product with users, not as code scraps on code scrap marketplaces), and then went out for VC funding so they got much better initial funding valuations.

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
The statistics on that business model are extremely clear: almost no publishers make any money. Like sub-5%. Publishers who make big money are sub 1%. Don't waste your time.

Secondly, on capital for a bigger business, it is almost universally VC funded startups. I've met several retired-early rich guys -- every single one was VC funded. And yeah will all know examples, magnified through the observation bias of the internet, who bootstrapped the whole thing. They're rare, and you don't want a rare chance at getting rich. You're not going to make the money needed to launch a legit growth business off selling bits of code.

Get into crossover.com or the like, and use that to pay your bills and save money.

Then if you want a bigger business follow the example of Whatsapp etc, where they built it in their own time until it gained traction (as an actual product with users, not as code scraps on code scrap marketplaces), and then went out for VC funding so they got much better initial funding valuations.
Thanks a lot for your advice! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.