The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where are you go to spots to outsource tasks?

lambo2021

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 3, 2019
Where are your go to spots to outsources tasks too? Fiverrrrr, upwork, any others to be aware of?

Have you guys ever regretted outsourcing?

Or how can you keep your project safe while outsourcing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Where are your go to spots to outsources tasks too? Fiverrrrr, upwork, any others to be aware of?

I use Craigslist and facebook, but I'm just having guys fabricate wooden parts.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
I almost always use upwork. I'll use fiverr for occasional one off tasks if its something theres a reputable seller for, but any VA/higher level stuff goes to upwork.

lambo2021

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 3, 2019
I almost always use upwork. I'll use fiverr for occasional one off tasks if its something theres a reputable seller for, but any VA/higher level stuff goes to upwork.
How do you protect your project on Upwork? Or are you not concerned about this?

Thanks for the reply by the way.

nishant_12

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2019
Chandigarh, India

You will usually find freelancers on platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, etc. In order to ensure the safety of your project & make it successful, you can consider collaborating with an offshore development center. This way you can hire developers and set up your own team in an offshore country.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
I've just started learning to outsource well, and often it's worse than doing myself. Explaining the job well does help. Like, EXPLAINING VERY CLEARLY and TWICE.

- posting small tasks on craigslist works for me
- Upwork has some good people, but you need to interview a lot and be very picky.
- for analytics / product strategy / vc, I know someone personally, https://angel.co/polina-glavatskikh pglavatskikh@gmail.com — tell her you are a poor entrepreneur, and she'll help you on a budget.
- similarly, for errands I've tried having a long-term relationship with a particular person. Cannot say it worked out well, but definitely better than a new person every time.
- also to have a better experience, tell people to not do more work. Even if you aren't obligated to pay, it's just a weird situation when they've done 10X at 1/3 quality, and now what... And don't get into an argument when they try to "prove value" to you. Let them prove value by their work, don't waste time talking about it, as everyone thinks they are amazing.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You can't keep your product completely safe. Keep in mind, though, that people that are in the business of outsourcing are NOT in the business you're in. They have enough to worry about doing what they do that they don't want the additional hassle of trying to compete with you in something they're not as familiar with as you are.

I build custom software for people. The last thing I want to do is try to copy my clients' software out in the market. First, I don't want to be sued. Second, I want to be able to sleep at night. Third, I want a good reputation so I get referrals from people. Fourth, building a business around an app is hard. I'm doing that with my own app right now, and it is a TON of work. And, its in an area that I know pretty well. My clients are experts in their domains. I have no experience running a distributorship, a law firm, a psychology practice, an oil and gas exploration company, a cable installation company, a manufacturing facility, etc etc etc.

I've hired a fair number of people overseas. My experience is that 98% of people out there are not worth your time. Literally. You'll spend more time fussing with them, explaining things to them, correcting their mistakes, etc than you'll save. And then you'll have to pay them on top of that. Some people that I've hired I would gladly go back in time and pay them NOT to work for me. They were that bad.

So...you have to be picky. Interviewing is difficult, and unless someone is obviously really good, its hard to know. So, hire them for a trial run. Give them a task to do and be ruthless about how you evaluate their performance. Don't give them room to fudge. And, don't be too nice about stuff. Be friendly and firm.

What people mentioned above is also important - if a fourth grader would understand your instructions, they're probably still not detailed enough. Write your instructions so that a pubescent 8th grade love-sick boy with a tooth infection could follow along. (no idea how I came up with that description, but there you go.) Ideally, you'd talk with the person after they've digested your instructions and review what they think you want along with how they propose that they're going to accomplish the task.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
SEO clerks and Legiit for Seo / digital marketing stuff

Yeh its very hit or miss , "you get what you pay for" isnt quite right either because ive gotten great value cheap

Its just the language barriers and time zone differences can turn a small task on a to-do list into a 3 day back and forth. If you can, network with others and get suggestions for certain tasks. Like I have a great guy in pakistan for data mining.

nishant_12

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2019
Chandigarh, India
As per my personal experience, I have not faced any issue while outsourcing. Moreover, it ensures you that your project is in safe hands & will be delivered with optimum quality.

Talking about Fiverr and Upwork, both of them are great platforms which provide you, what you are looking for. Now talking about these two giants, finding the best talent has become a tiresome process. You need to scrutinize a lot to find the best fit for your requirements.

Therefore, if you want to explore any other channel, Your Team in India would serve the best.

Here's how you can keep your project safe while outsourcing:

1. Before you finalize your team, check out for company reviews on LinkedIn, Good firms, TechCrunch, AppFutura, etc.

2. Ask for similar work references & conduct one to one interview sessions with every team member you will work.

3. Last but not least, sign an NDA or contract with your team, that will include:
  • Payment Clause
  • Exit Clause
  • Time Clause
  • Confidentiality Clause
  • Performance Clause

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.