The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

HOT TOPIC Where are all the Mobile Home Park Investors?

OP
OP
Major

Major

Luck is Man-Made
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 26, 2016
South Carolina
Hey everyone. Thanks for the replies. Will be creating new posts.

Have three other parks in Due Diligence and will be writing about the turnaround as well as the finishing of two current parks being fixed up at the moment.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

WJK

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
Oh the Trailer park Romeo and Juliet. Sorry to know the love lost romance will cost you money and more importantly time. It could have been worse but you have the correct attitude.

Thanks for the post and keeping the thread alive. I hope it will help others in the future. Will make it a priority to post more regularly. Let me know how you deal with the insurance.

Best of luck
I don't deal with the insurance on this fire. I carry liability insurance on the park, but no fire insurance on the individual units. After you collect enough units, it's no longer cost-effective. Fire insurance is more than expensive.

But, we'll be able to save the unit. My husband got there in time to throw snow on the fire, along with the fire department to put it out. The biggie is that my husband got the natural gas turned off, so it did explode.

It's a lot of smoke damage; an interior wall burned down, cabinets, floors, and ceilings damaged. The fridge is melted to the kitchen floor. We'll have to go in and gut it. The natural gas system must be retested and approved by the utility company. We know that the water heater is OK. We don't know about the furnace located in the hallway. It's not the end of the world -- just another project.

I started doing equity purchases (now called "flips") in the Los Angeles ghettos 40+ years ago. My life hasn't changed much over all of those years. This gig is no different, other than I rent them rather than selling them.
What I like about my park is the rentals are all in the same place, which makes management and maintenance easier. I own the whole little community, including the small community water system. Everyone here pays me monthly rent! Yes, it's a lot of work, and I do have a park office with regular business hours -- around 30 hours per week. I figure that I must do the bookkeeping anyway, so I spend those hours dealing with my tenants and doing the office work.
During the summers, I also have full hook-up RV spaces and two sleeping rooms that I rent out to our Alaska visitors. We also have workers who come from all over to work in the oil/gas fields here in Cook Inlet.
But, the upside is that it's a great way to make a living in a small, rural town.

BRichard

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 31, 2017
North Carolina
How is everybody going with their MHP investment activities? I've just closed on my 4th park, and locking up 2 more in Due Diligence.
Any of you guys taking on capital only investors/partners? I'm running out of personal cash and continuing to find more deals.

Deal flow = good/great
Investor flow= need more!!

Sandparts

New Contributor
Jun 4, 2013
San Diego County
How is everybody going with their MHP investment activities? I've just closed on my 4th park, and locking up 2 more in Due Diligence.
Any of you guys taking on capital only investors/partners? I'm running out of personal cash and continuing to find more deals.

Deal flow = good/great
I’m looking for another park. I have 4 currently and I am running out of tax shelter. Looking for deals in the $1.0 MM to $3.0 MM range. I am an owner operator. I’ll consider Oregon, Ca, AZ, ME, NV. I’ll pay you a finders fee appropriate for the quality of the deal.

If you need capital I can put you in contact with some private equity guys. PM me for contact info.

If you need mom and pop investors I can point you in the right direct as to where you can find some.

Anthony

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007

Deal flow = good/great
If you can find good deals, there is plenty of money out there right now looking for good, recession-resistant deals. I just invested in two mobile home syndications, and they both filled up pretty much immediately. So, you might have good timing on this...

BRichard

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 31, 2017
North Carolina
If you can find good deals, there is plenty of money out there right now looking for good, recession-resistant deals. I just invested in two mobile home syndications, and they both filled up pretty much immediately. So, you might have good timing on this...
Thanks @JScott , I am hoping that is the case!

HL805

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 22, 2017
@BRichard you are killing it.
what would you say is working best for you as far as finding deals?
mailing? online? etc,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom