• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What's Your Side Hustle?

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by jpanarra, Oct 19, 2018.

1. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,281

Thats very vague... AI has a very broad take and that sort of thing sounds like a main hustle... not something you'll do on the side.

2. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,281
    Thats very vague... elaborate?

And that sounds like a main hustle if its automated and you have the opportunity to scale...

3. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $437
    I use artificial intelligence technologies to automate business which then generates passive income for me.

4. MAB1138

MAB1138 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Well that sounds better. Still a bit vague though...are you automating investments, social media interaction, or what?

Also, is this an MS based AI framework or Google or something else?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

5. Startup Steve

Rep Bank:
    $437
    My main hustle is homeschooling my kiddos, philanthropic projects, being a board member, and overseeing my investments (be the bank!).

6. Startup Steve

Rep Bank:
    $437
    Yes, Google and Microsoft tech stacks. Like any other automation initiative, you start with creating accelerators to support business functions then increase scope and complexity allowing complete functional areas of an organization (marketing, sales, hr, etc.)

7. MAB1138

MAB1138 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Ok, interesting. It sounds like you have a product or products that you're using AI to automate the marketing and sales process, but AI is not the core of your business..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

8. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,440
    It's usually vague because it's BS. He's just posting around here to promote his website.

sparechange and MAB1138 like this.
  9. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,033
    That's pretty much a full time job.

Coding the machine learning algorithms to make a decent AI after millions of iterations (where's the data? What's the source?), then trying to sell that AI to customers... that's far from a side hustle in my opinion !

Especially since any decent business owner will look twice at the AI before jumping in. It needs to have a 99%+ accuracy. Who's accountable if the AI makes a mistake (depending on what it is used for) ? There's probably some need for legal protections around all that too... and the privacy of the customers data.

jpanarra and MAB1138 like this.
  10. jpanarra

Rep Bank:
    $15,281

Precisely this, If it was something you did 1 hour a day... I'll get it but it sounds like a full time hustle as opposed to doing something quick and getting cashin hand

11. Startup Steve

Rep Bank:
    $437
    We use AI to automate the marketing and sales of AI solutions. The delivery side is operationalized and outsourced.

12. Startup Steve

Rep Bank:
    $437
    Asumed most people would undersand the details.
    Wow, lots going on there.

Context
    I have operationalized the process of creating businesses, it follows a lot of what @Sean Marshall (documented here), and spin up legal entities in about 3-5 business days taking me about 4 hours of working with my team. My role in these ventures is CEO and have COOs. This venture takes about 5 hours of active participation.

As for some of your comments
    Yes, there is a data scientist working with tools and data to make patterns, models from the patterns, and predictions from the models. There is a training of the models and they do not need 99% accuracy precision to meet "fit for purpose". Data privacy is an industry practice due to regulatory and compliance requirements and is not AI specific. We have 4 levels of data classification in our process an do not work with PHI and only limited PII. Hope that helps.

Jeff Noel likes this.
  13. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,033
    Thank you for the explanation. It definitely looks more like a side hustle now (from your point of view).
    That's actually a really interesting hustle !

14. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,352
    With the sound of all that work, I think I'll stick (no pun intended) to selling gum ;)

jpanarra likes this.