The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your opinion on starting a blog in 2016?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Chatty06

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jul 13, 2016
What's your opinion about starting a blog in 2016? I've considered it several times but my gut tells me no. Since the internet has taken off and we are starting to mature in the information age I feel the value of information has dropped significantly. Back in the day good information was hard to come by and people were willing to pay for information. Now people have too much information. The supply has increased but the demand likely hasn't kept up.

What's your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Blogs are still SUPER relevant , start yours today

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Make a blog if you have something to say that others want to hear.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I would make it only if I could provide top 1% researched content in a niche (or at least try to provide best content I can). There is too much basic and mediocre stuff out there.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Grace Cameron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 12, 2016
Yes, there is a lot of information online and just as many blogs. However, I find that having a blog with a specific niche focused on a topic that provides information that is not readily available elsewhere is a great blog to start. The general rule for starting a blog is that it should focus on one of the following winning topics:
  1. Sex
  2. Making money
  3. Lifestyle tips
Blogs still make money; I own over ten blogs, and while it is not my primary source of income, I do make money from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chatty06

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jul 13, 2016
Yes, there is a lot of information online and just as many blogs. However, I find that having a blog with a specific niche focused on a topic that provides information that is not readily available elsewhere is a great blog to start. The general rule for starting a blog is that it should focus on one of the following winning topics:
  1. Sex
  2. Making money
  3. Lifestyle tips
Blogs still make money; I own over ten blogs, and while it is not my primary source of income, I do make money from them.

https://thepandawriter.com/

Thanks - Would you consider your main skill set as a writer? I do like writing to a certain degree; however, turning out a lots of content daily wouldn't be likely. I wonder how people do in blogging when they are naturally not a writer and content creation takes longer to create.

Aisha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think blogging is dead but if you're not inclined to writing then you might want to reconsider blogging or hit up Upwork to find quality content writers.

Also check out that link others have posted above, it's very informative about blogging for profit.

White Wolf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 7, 2016
It seems to me that economic changes are causing more and more people to try out blogging as a way of making money, making it more competitive. The key is to be better than most of the other people doing what you are doing. If you're a good writer and there is a certain subject or set of subjects for which you can write content that people want to read, you can still make money blogging.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
What's your opinion about starting a blog in 2016? I've considered it several times but my gut tells me no. Since the internet has taken off and we are starting to mature in the information age I feel the value of information has dropped significantly. Back in the day good information was hard to come by and people were willing to pay for information. Now people have too much information. The supply has increased but the demand likely hasn't kept up.

What's your thoughts?

It's not impossible by any means to have success with that. You do not always have to be one of the few people doing it.

Sometimes you just need to do it better. Connecting with influencers is a big thing in blogging.

Personally, I hate blogs and online business. They take a lot of time to get started.

They have advantages.

I've got quick ROI from a brick and mortar business within a month. Operating in green. An online business would have extreme difficulty with that.

I'd rather get a quick ROI, grow it, then outsource an online business and the SEO to other people.

fastlane_protege

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2016
What kind of blog do you have in mind, Chatty06? Is it informational, focused on humor/viral articles or videos, a review site? You can make money with almost any type of blog, but I think it's important to have a clear idea of what you're going for before you make it. I feel that it's important to research how you're going to monetize your blog before you make it. This helps you understand how much time you should invest or spend on content.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

SrGio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 25, 2016
If there's an audience you can provide more value than your competitors by publishing better content, start a blog.

I wonder how people do in blogging when they are naturally not a writer and content creation takes longer to create.

Through outsourcing. See https://www.authorityhacker.com/best-content-creation-services/ (not only for outsourcing services but also as an example of valuable/outstanding content)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.