The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you tell your 18 or 25 year old self?

D

DeletedUser0287

Make sure your capital and ideas are on the same plane before starting business.

Don't be cheap in business, don't start business on a budget. Only go into business if you can actually afford to. Lost money here and there because I started businesses I couldn't afford. Adds up real quick. Probably would have had enough money if didn't waste on "budget business."

Contrary to popular belief, choose a business you are passionate in because it is the cure to money chasing. If you run a business without it, all you focus on is money. Although, there must be a need or it will just be a hobby.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
This is personal for me:
Start playing poker yesterday (ez af money)
DON'T become depressed and suicidal because you experience a bit of failure, yes compounding "failure" sucks but you have high standards, you've not failed at all, you just have ridiculous standards
Save up money and move out of your parent's home, they are negative people dragging you down
KEEP reading, success WILL come
KEEP getting better and improving your skillset
KEEP mastering things
DON'T STOP working out and get fat, you'll get it back ez but it just makes your life unnecessarily harder
Move back to Eastern Europe YESTERDAY
Put yourself out there
KEEP PITCHING PEOPLE
/\ YOU ONLY NEED TO GET LUCKY ONCE, A GOOD SPOUSE, GOOD FRIENDS AND RICHNESS ARE HARD TO CREATE BUT EZ AF TO MAINTAIN (relative to the creation process)
KEEP THAT SHIT IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is SO important because you don't need to be Bill Gates, you don't need to be Casanova and you don't need to have a trillion friends
Actually speaking to YOU (me), you are a very frugal and humble individual 1-2 good friends, a deep relationship with someone you find attractive and 50k from an easy job you enjoy and you are INCREDIBLY happy
So F*ck off with your insane standards, yes you want a 10/10 wife with a 10/10 personality, yes you want to be around ALL the interesting mofos in the world, YES you want to have LOTS and LOTS of money, BUT WHAT IS YOUR BASELINE FOR HAPPINESS? Oh that's RIGHT!
A 7/10 who isn't crazy spouse, 1 amazing friend and maybe 1-2 other really good-good friends and 50k+ USD with an easy job, THAT IS TOTALLY ATTAINABLE FOR SOMEONE WITH YOUR IQ AND WORK ETHIC, so don't give up, don't despair, grind away and you WILL get there it is inevitable and your odds of success in the long run are effectively 100% PROVIDED YOU DO NOT GIVE UP

Basically to keep doing what I was doing and not to get down on myself because I didn't have immediate success.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
1. Almost nobody has a clue what they're talking about.

yes indeed at the level of the masses.

the only guys i listen to or read are the masterminds who own society above the circus.

i am not a parrot in the circus like most people . the beautiful thing is that people don't believe they are conned . their lives are totaly controled in a system .

this is a war against the mind, not the bodies like " classical war "

99 % of people can't understand that. in fact 80 % of wars are " mind wars "

peace does not exit on earth. you are at war everyday until death

a reminder : the movie " they live "

so i would tell my 25 years old self to start reading these things as soon as possible

hilton hotema's books
omraam avainhof 's books
chinese strategy books
neville goddard 's books

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
For you 25 yr old+ guys out there, if you could go back in time, and tell your 25 year old self something, what would you say?
I guess it applies to me. what would you do if you could travel to the future till 25 years old. Not even in my 20s.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

Roxas{ITA}

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 8, 2019
Instead of getting screwed by both of these (as I was close), I did enough research before hand and saved myself the trouble. I thought Amway was game-over when I found it, and that's been around for a long time! Glad I didn't buy into it. I'm only 18 so I still got a few more years to go ;)
Have u finded your way to go???

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Well, since it's for the future me,
I'd say
I hope you didn't do shit during the past 7 years.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
What would I tell my 25-year-old self ...?

Hard to say ... I'd be too busy bitch slapping the shit out him.

The things I know now ... that I wish I knew then ... would fill a book.

Not even going to attempt it.

The real question -- in my mind -- is what will I want to bitch slap myself over 20 years from today?

The biggest difference between me at 20 ... and me at 40 ... is that me at 40 ... knows another round of bitch slaps are coming.

Guaranteed.

When I figure out why ... I'll let ya know. ;)
haha

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
You create your own reality.

Only you are responsible for creating your own path, your own happiness, your own life. Never blame this on circumstances or other people. Never be the victim.

Einstein said it well:
If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things
Six years later.. I'd change the quote:

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a purpose, not to people or things

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
And you will run into the same rock wall... over time... I thought like that when I was younger and that mindset was appropriate for that time in my life. I've learned some hard-fought lessons since then over the years.
When I was younger, I had a serious health issue and I wasn't expected to live. I learned what was important to me. I had struggled hard for years to gain a good education and success. I am a DYI project and proud of it. And here I was laying in my bed, very much alone, in a lot of physical pain and I was dying from a problem that I didn't cause. It was just the luck of the draw. I spent 6 months in bed and struggled to get up and start again. That was followed by another year in bed. My doctors gave up on me. Somehow, I'm still here years and years later. And I'm doing OK.
I learned that very few things counted when I was laying there. Most things in my life meant nothing. I treasured the people who I loved -- both living and those who had past on. I treasured my memories and who visited me. I have lived my life with that understanding since then. Yes, I did go back to school and got more degrees. Yes, I have struggled to be successful. BUT, I make the people in my life and making memories my prime priorities.
I’m sorry that you experienced all of that. I’m very happy that you have become successful. I’d like to hear more about your story. I encourage you to tell more of your story.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Probably I would tell my 18-year-olds self that don't waste your time and start thinking goals for his life. Also read a lot, because life experience could be so small that you miss a lot of things. It's like this forum, if we don't read TMF , or others books probably a lot of us we would not be trying.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Probably I would tell my 18-year-olds self that don't waste your time and start thinking goals for his life. Also read a lot, because life experience could be so small that you miss a lot of things. It's like this forum, if we don't read TMF , or others books probably a lot of us we would not be trying.
Why do you think that process of setting goals is a waste of time? Or is it the actual goals themselves that you think of as a waste?
I'm just finishing up a set of goals I set as a teenager. I'm glad that I had that foresight when I was a young pup to think that way. I just wanted more for my life -- and I spent my life's energies chasing that dream -- also known as goals.
How do you know where you're going without goals?
And how do you know when you get there?
I read and listen to audiobooks all the time. But, that information is sure no substitute for life experiences. My life experiences have been huge. I've lived several lifetimes during my years on earth. I've done more than most people around me. And I have influenced scores of other people through those years.
What have you done during your lifetime?
What do you want to do with the rest of it?
The goals I'm setting now are totally different from the ones that I set when I was young. But, they are no less important. I truely value my life.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Why do you think that process of setting goals is a waste of time? Or is it the actual goals themselves that you think of as a waste?
I'm just finishing up a set of goals I set as a teenager. I'm glad that I had that foresight when I was a young pup to think that way. I just wanted more for my life -- and I spent my life's energies chasing that dream -- also known as goals.
How do you know where you're going without goals?
And how do you know when you get there?
I read and listen to audiobooks all the time. But, that information is sure no substitute for life experiences. My life experiences have been huge. I've lived several lifetimes during my years on earth. I've done more than most people around me. And I have influenced scores of other people through those years.
What have you done during your lifetime?
What do you want to do with the rest of it?
The goals I'm setting now are totally different from the ones that I set when I was young. But, they are no less important. I truely value my life.

I didn't say that setting goals is a waste of time, what I mean is I shouldn't have waste my time when I was younger and have started setting goals sooner. Maybe I wrote it wrong, English is not my main language.

D

Deleted78083

ou
You're funny. Your #1 about getting "laid" is a 2 edged sword. What IF you had gotten her PG? Were you ready to a father? What if you had caught something? Did you have good health insurance and the good sense to take care of it? Maturity and good judgment have some perks too!

What

D

Deleted78083

Circling back to this thread now at 26 with some of the things I did right.

1. Find Mentors: My mentors shaved decades off my learning curve, I think differently and my businesses have gone way farther with their help.

2. Think Long Term: Don't start a business hoping to just make 10k/mo. It's just as hard to make 300k/mo as it is to make 10k/mo you just need to think long term about your decisions. You need systems, people, and sacrifice short term goals to achieve the latter.

3. Diversify: Lots of people thing you should focus on 1 thing. I didn't I built my ecom company, invested in real estate, got my degree, worked full time. The more you do, the more opportunities you create. You just need to be disciplined

I like #3

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I guess no has told you that women can get pregnant -- even during the first time. And you can get all kinds of diseases from getting "laid". Oh well. Now you know.

D

Deleted78083

I guess no has told you that women can get pregnant -- even during the first time. And you can get all kinds of diseases from getting "laid". Oh well. Now you know.
Maybe I'm gay. What do you know.

I'll stop here cuz this is getting ridiculous and bringing zero value.

Anis25072

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 2, 2021
Algeria
Not 25 yet (20), but hopefully by 25 I will tell myself, "Good job, you've made it."
Hey man how are you doing 7 years later ! I'm actually in my 20s with the same mindset as you before, Have you achieved your goals ?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey man how are you doing 7 years later ! I'm actually in my 20s with the same mindset as you before, Have you achieved your goals ?
And if you do achieve your goals in your 20s, what are you going to do then? Life is a lot longer than just your first few years of your adult life...

Anis25072

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 2, 2021
Algeria
And if you do achieve your goals in your 20s, what are you going to do then? Life is a lot longer than just your first few years of your adult life...
Well for me life is short, living another decade isn't guaranteed :D

JGuidry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 25, 2021
As a veteran myself I would love to help out on this, do you know a few in your own circle who are struggling?
Jesper THANK YOU for your service. In my personal circle I have only one friend in bad shape, nightmares, ptsd, etc top off his spouse left and took kids with her and he is basically just trying to numb himself. But that doesn't touch the over 3600 estimated homeless in Houston area. I would love to learn how to help our veterans in our community and raise awareness. Our vets deserve not to struggle with necessities for living.

Cleaningup

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 28, 2021
The age between 18 and 25 IS important.
Try to make a business out of it (I was a musician back then)

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
How do I will learn how to suffer well will determine everything in my life. Unfortunately this task can not be done by myself, so find help!

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Or, our childhood traumas can be the inspiration that fuels our lives. Adversity is NOT the destructive root of all evil. It tempers us, giving us strength and flexibility. It's also just an event or fact that we can choose to reframe. The story can be retold from a different point of view. I am no one's victim. In my journey, I am a hero who accepted the lemon I was given. From that sour situation, I have made a nice pitcher of lemonade that soothes the parched throats of everyone around me. My determined attitude and fortitude allow me to live out that hero's role that I have given myself in this story. It's all bound up in your personal choices.
Couldn't agree more

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.