The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you focus on in 2022?

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
I see life as juggling three balls, each one represents health, wealth, and relationships. If you juggle these three well you get happiness as a result (the fourth ball which is not moving cause you can't directly affect it.)

Not my metaphor but I think it's very true.

So I have habits and goals which I think help me to keep a balanced life.

HEALTH
- Meditate at least 250 days a year --> This is also to keep nurturing my spiritual side
- Workout intensely at least twice a week

WEALTH
- Goal is to hit €1 mln in revenues by the end of the yet through my business and investments

RELATIONSHIPS
-Go on extended vacations (like I did in the last years)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
Learning a trade, and replacing my 9-5 income with trade. I went on a 2 week course few months ago but I'm too scared to go into the world and start charging people for my skills. I feel like I need more practice, or to be able to shadow someone for a little bit to really build the confidence up. I'm not used to learning a physical skill you actually have to do to learn. It's not fastlane by any means, but expanding my world and progressing into an actual direction should open my mind up to something for sure. That and starting a social media channel have been on my mind.
Did you take a course on trading? Do you mean stocks, crypto, and the like?

I see life as juggling three balls, each one represents health, wealth, and relationships. If you juggle these three well you get happiness as a result (the fourth ball which is not moving cause you can't directly affect it.)

Not my metaphor but I think it's very true.

So I have habits and goals which I think help me to keep a balanced life.

HEALTH
- Meditate at least 250 days a year --> This is also to keep nurturing my spiritual side
- Workout intensely at least twice a week

WEALTH
- Goal is to hit €1 mln in revenues by the end of the yet through my business and investments

RELATIONSHIPS
-Go on extended vacations (like I did in the last years)
I see health, love, and wealth as the fundamental baseline of a happy life. But then you also need self-actualization, i.e. progress on personal goals that go beyond those 3 things. Do you think this is a good mental model to guide one through life?

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019

I see health, love, and wealth as the fundamental baseline of a happy life. But then you also need self-actualization, i.e. progress on personal goals that go beyond those 3 things. Do you think this is a good mental model to guide one through life?

Good point @André Casal . It's definitely a simplification and works as a general guideline, the details goes beyond that :)

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom

Hey, not quite. Trade as in plumbing, plastering, tiling

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, the first quarter of 2022 has entered its final month!

How is everyone doing?

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018

How is everyone doing?

Doing well

Here's what I've done in February (attached). I'd welcome honest feedback. Do your experienced eyes detect any action faking, red/orange flags, or otherwise something that could be improved?

Attachments

• February review.png
    February review.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 20

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
Doing well

Here's what I've done in February (attached). I'd welcome honest feedback. Do your experienced eyes detect any action faking, red/orange flags, or otherwise something that could be improved?
Also, thanks for the daily planner, I improved my productivity system with the daily reminders and kaizen and I really like them

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK

How is everyone doing?
I've learned lots of things not to do in the past couple of months.

One idea I do like that I got from @Andy Black is to document my progress in a separate thread on the forum so I've done that. As well as holding me accountable, it's getting me into a good habit with testing, recording and analysing results. Lots of activity and I hope some good results to come in the future.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

How is everyone doing?
Good thanks. I’m shutting down distracting side-hustles & side-projects so I can focus better.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

How is everyone doing?
I've started a new health program to improve my overall health. I'm being consistently coached and constantly tracked for my progress. Since I just started it 3 weeks ago, nothing to tell yet. BUT...

I'm in the process to get my Mortgage Broker's license so I can work on more RE passive income streams. I passed the Federal exam to qualify for going through the LONG process of applying for the personal licensee. And I'm working on the many steps to get the company license. I must have both to open the door. I flew to Anchorage yesterday and got my fingerprints taken for the background check.

My base businesses are doing great. I take care of them every day.

beaustanley94

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 4, 2022
Nashville, TN

How is everyone doing?
Taking small actions every single day towards the creation of my very first business. It’s very exciting, lots of work, unknowns, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Never been better.

Made a shift to live in the “NOW” to really make the best of each day despite all the chaos in the world and grinding at my current 9-5 corporate job while I work on creating a business to escape the rat race.

Hope your 1st quarter of 2022 is doing awesome MJ!!
As well as everyone else!!

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I am taking action and am still in the process of removing impediments.

Reimagining my apartment is pretty tough and I am progressing very slowly there.

I use the daily planner as a weekly planner. Still don't quite get how it is meant originally, but for me 16 daily goals make no sense at all.

There is definitely too much going on in my life at this point.
My morning routine (currently mostly about music) works fine and I just ordered more musical instruments (and a looper) to be able to work on rhythm exercises soon, but I have a hard time updating the weekly goals and journaling reliably.

Went to a speed dating event which just showed me how screwed I really am. Mentally I am still determined to keep going, but emotionally I am at a point where I have zero hope that a better future is in the cards.

Flippa / Escrow really destroyed the plans I had. I need to figure out how to pivot more quickly when my plans completely get obliterated like that. I was just paralyzed. Funding seems to be secured now and we are starting to get the asset transfer going, but it is still going very slow.
Maybe that is not a bad thing. Thought I could easily go through the process as an implicit company without limited liability. Right now I am about to go through the process of founding a German UG (haftungsbeschränkt) - often compared to the UK's Limited and the little Brother of the German GmbH. I suppose having that in place when setting up the PayPal business account makes things easier.

Fabs

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2022
Germany
This is great! Which one are you using? I use notion and it really increased my productivity. Great to hear your journey!
Also, thanks for the daily planner, I improved my productivity system with the daily reminders and kaizen and I really like the

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Took time away from my 9-5 to focus on mental clarity.
Items that I am focusing on:
Improving my options selling (already had some significant losses to learn from the end of 2021 lol)
Write 100 blog posts to increase writing skills
One month in Guatemala with no phone
Just arrived Guatemala on Tuesday and enjoying/adjusting to being out of the states! (Haven't gone cold turkey with no phone or screens, but will be the upcoming week. I'm enjoying early stages of NFL FA drama. I have gone cold turkey on social media though!)

Q1 2022 have improved my options selling as my account has been steadily increasing even with all the volatility. Haven't sold any options this month due to being abroad and not wanting the mental weight.

40/100 blog posts complete as of today

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
This is great! Which one are you using? I use notion and it really increased my productivity. Great to hear your journey!
Thanks!

I use WorkFlowy to organize all my stuff. I've improved the daily planner like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 14.55.15.png

If you're familiar with WorkFlowy mirrors, every morning I create a mirror of that "Plan for yyyy-mm-dd" bullet point, detach it (creating a copy), and change "yyyy-mm-dd" to whatever's today's date is. Then I pull items from my Inbox into my plan for the day.

At the end of the day, I turn it into "Work done on yyyy-mm-dd" and store it in a "Review" bullet point where I keep all the days, weeks, months and year reviews.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 14.59.03.png

Fabs

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2022
Germany
Thanks!

I use WorkFlowy to organize all my stuff. I've improved the daily planner like this:

View attachment 42570

If you're familiar with WorkFlowy mirrors, every morning I create a mirror of that "Plan for yyyy-mm-dd" bullet point, detach it (creating a copy), and change "yyyy-mm-dd" to whatever's today's date is. Then I pull items from my Inbox into my plan for the day.

At the end of the day, I turn it into "Work done on yyyy-mm-dd" and store it in a "Review" bullet point where I keep all the days, weeks, months and year reviews.

View attachment 42571
Thanks. This seems to be an incredible tool to structure the day and increase you productivity. I will stick with Notion for now though!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Don't wait till New Year's Day.

What will you focus on next year?
I think I just focus on right now, because with all the events it's kind of with the theory we already have in here, if it was your last day, what would you do? I have been focusing on the graphic arts the last few months and learning how to push for art, photographs, and story telling together. New perspective of course, which is kind of exciting and more opportunities to expand horizons.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Business:
-Hit $10m in sales this year.

Life:
-Avoid all the bullshit/propaganda that's going on in the news. Have a mental discipline to stay away from that as much as possible and "people" who just talk about stuff yet they never do anything. I have so many people in my life who talk a lot but never do anything. They've been saying the same shit for the past 5 years and their life is still the same. My parents are exactly like that. Even though I love them, they're stuck in a cage that they're not aware of. Best substitutes for that? Podcasts, books or people who want to see you win.

-Try to have a consistent bed time routine. It's difficult as an entrepreneur since once you have a list of things to do, then you've got to do them on a given day. And that means you have to stay up until 1am-2am sometimes. I remember when I was waking up at 5am-6am and my sleep was so much better. Obviously you have to go to bed earlier for that but it's definitely a great thing to try.

-Find a great partner. It seems it's harder and harder to find a girl that's aligned in her life or someone who's got her shit together. Most girls my age just think about parties and drinking. Maybe it's something I should wait with.

Physical:
-Build 18.5 inch biceps at the end of the year at 12%-13% bf.

jstn2907

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 10, 2021
Germany
Hi guys, the half of the year is now over, and I want to share with you my learnings. Firstly, I am thankful that I am taking action and aware of the process principle. Thankful but never satisfied.
This is my first year taking action, and I am a hardcore action faker, but I am working on that. For example: 4 years I read studies and everything about fitness, daily. But didn't go to the gym...
To work against my action faking, I think about what is the macro event and also, I do preparation, but I am aware of too much prep. And the best is doing both, going to the gym and learning, not only one.

Some stuff that I did are:
- A Visionvideo with inspiring music (My dream cars, dream house, gym motivation)
- Purpose list (also the tip from MJ DeMarco's book, with imagining bought every car and traveled what would you do after that helped)
- Calculated my exit number
- 1/5/10 Planner, but I need to transform my journal book in the 1/5/10 planner because I didn't enjoy the single paper
- I understand the market language or recognize it (every time someone says I hate or something else)
- I do an apprenticeship as a software developer (And it wasn't my dream, actually I did not enjoy it because it was so hard at the beginning, even my instructor said maybe it isn't the right job for me. But I didn't give up, and he is proud of me that I am doing this well now.
- I did a poster with my 4 role models, and now I talk with the poster every day about my goals.
- I am learning Norwegian and at the end of the year I am going to Norway and revision my year
- Cold shower only (wim hof)
- 4x /week gym

And about the goals that I set at the beginning of the year:
1. Making my first sale online, by providing relative value
=> is bullshit, I thought about being an online trainer but overcrowded market, and even thought about buying online coaching for 2k, but I didn't
2. Achieving these strength values + calisthenics skills
- Squat: 125 kg --> NOW: 87 kg
- DL: 160 kg --> NOW: 96 kg (my forearms are giving up early)
- BP: 105 kg --> NOW: 96 kg
- Weighted DIP: 55 kg --> NOW: 32 kg
- OHP: 65 kg --> NOW: 50 kg
- Weighted Pull Up: 35 kg --> NOW: 25 kg
---SKILLS:
- Human Flag --> NO
- Muscle Up --> YES
- Front Lever --> NAH HOLD 1.5 sec --> GOAL is: 4sec
- Handstand Push Up --> NOT WORKING ON THAT - Back Lever --> NOT WORKING ON THAT
- Tucked Planche --> NO
3. Reading 50 Books (Financial, Selling, Business, Marketing, and mindset)
=> Only at 13 books, at the beginning I was in time, but then I read books that didn't make sense, I read books about selling, I don't even have a product why should I read that shit?
--> Now I change my strategy and I do read recommendations from DeMarco and 10 books about entrepreneurship, but I am aware of action faking
4. Improving my Norwegian --> Learning with Duolingo :)

Thank you for reading it and more important for your time, would love to read about your learnings.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
This is the year to get my thoughts in order. Improve my communication. Master a specialized skill build something.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.