The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What watch/es do you own?

U

User62861

Personally I really like wrist watches. I would like to know if there is more forum members with the same passion.

I will buy my first mechanical and automatic watch very soon. It's Orient Ray 2 (image down bellow).

Do you own any watch? Please share an image and any story you have.

91yBXGekJRL._UY879_.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
I'm a big watch guy but don't buy watches at this point.

The only watch I'm rocking right now is an all-time classic (and admittedly over-worn): the Seiko SKX007K with an oyster bracelet.

Extremely versatile in terms of style (works great with a Perlon strap, NATO, Tropic, jubilee, oyster etc.), durable as hell (both in construction and its 7s26 movement), well-priced (incredible value for the price), is an iconic diver, and has historical significance too.

Fantastic lume, 200m diving depth (if you're into that), 120 click bezel, day-date function. Plus it has a clean and timeless aesthetic. What more could you ask for in a watch under $200?

288397_321_0b9fafaaeb7b742462c1844d1b11e09b.jpg

The Orient Ray 2 looks fantastic. I was considering getting the Orient Mako II USA but went for the SKX007.

U

User62861

I'm a big watch guy but don't buy watches at this point.

The only watch I'm rocking right now is an all-time classic (and admittedly over-worn): the Seiko SKX007K with an oyster bracelet.

Extremely versatile in terms of style (works great with a Perlon strap, NATO, Tropic, jubilee, oyster etc.), durable as hell (both in construction and its 7s26 movement), well-priced (incredible value for the price), is an iconic diver, and has historical significance too.

Fantastic lume, 200m diving depth (if you're into that), 120 click bezel, day-date function. Plus it has a clean and timeless aesthetic. What more could you ask for in a watch under $200?

288397_321_0b9fafaaeb7b742462c1844d1b11e09b.jpg

The Orient Ray 2 looks fantastic. I was considering getting the Orient Mako II USA but went for the SKX007.
I had the same debate, but I decided on Orient. I will buy SKX007 one day for sure!

As you said, its crazy its so iconic yet pretty cheap.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
I like to sport Fossil watches for daily and MK for suit type of stuff.

Attachments

• 8520910_fpx.jpg
    8520910_fpx.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 14

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't know if I'd be into watches, so I asked my wife to get me a couple cheap ones for Christmas. I've been wearing it every day since, so safe to say that I'm into them.

I'm dailying a Casio 5373. Japanese quartz movement with a 43mm face. Day-date complication and a small LED light to illuminate it at night. Not bad for $60.

s-l225.jpg

Edit: My first watch purchase will be the Bulova Lunar Pilot, as it was the other watch (well, a replica) worn to the moon. Pretty neat history and I enjoy the look.
Lunar%20Pilot.png

EnvisionEd

Education Revolutionary
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Nov 28, 2018
New Philadelphia, OH
I'm a watch guy...though I don't spend outside my means to get them. I have a couple Tags and Tissots, but my dream watch is the 1969 Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch...just beautiful. I was just recently given a Gruen pocket watch and that will be fun to play with. Love this thread.

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
My sad collection:
  • 2x Nixon Cannon (1x black, 1x gold)
  • Pebble Steel Smartwatch
  • Timex Easy Reader 35mm
Crown jewel:
  • Rolex Submariner (gift)
Love watches. Can't afford a nice piece, yet.

Amoney21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Oct 7, 2018
As someone that was considering the SKX007 after reading all the hype about it (and still might buy), I ended up going with the same watch as you, Orient Ray ii but in all black. I have owned it for about 6 months now and it has held up great, very good looking watch as well. Only thing I was surprised about is that it wears smaller than I had pictured but this may be due to me having 6.5in wrists. Overall I am definitely happy about my purchase and get compliments all the time, and honestly after taking the plunge I will probably buy a skx007 in addition to my orient, hope this helps!

8218208_xxl.jpg

U

User62861

As someone that was considering the SKX007 after reading all the hype about it (and still might buy), I ended up going with the same watch as you, Orient Ray ii but in all black. I have owned it for about 6 months now and it has held up great, very good looking watch as well. Only thing I was surprised about is that it wears smaller than I had pictured but this may be due to me having 6.5in wrists. Overall I am definitely happy about my purchase and get compliments all the time, and honestly after taking the plunge I will probably buy a skx007 in addition to my orient, hope this helps!

8218208_xxl.jpg
I'm really glad it wears small as I don't have a huge wrist. Personally I don't prefer watches with black metal, I may change my mind if I ever see this one live.

That's awesome! Please share a photo of your new SKX when you buy it. I would definitely be interested to see it! You can mix both watches with some nato straps. They are very cheap to order from eBay.

john3583

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 17, 2018
US
Personally I really like wrist watches. I would like to know if there is more forum members with the same passion.

I will buy my first mechanical and automatic watch very soon. It's Orient Ray 2 (image down bellow).

Do you own any watch? Please share an image and any story you have.

91yBXGekJRL._UY879_.jpg
I wear my Tissot T-Touch everyday now. It’s classy, good-looking, fits well and is interesting. I chose it as a wedding anniversary gift while she was buying necklaces and other shiny stuff every year.
My other one is a unique Swatch design. Astronomy based, meaning alot of blue color and a blank face except for some dotted star patterns.
I’ve grown to appreciate watches and enjoy learning more about them.

Attachments

• 6FA68C82-9EA4-49AF-967D-D66E14F78B8A.jpeg
    6FA68C82-9EA4-49AF-967D-D66E14F78B8A.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 12
U

User62861

I wear my Tissot T-Touch everyday now. It’s classy, good-looking, fits well and is interesting. I chose it as a wedding anniversary gift while she was buying necklaces and other shiny stuff every year.
My other one is a unique Swatch design. Astronomy based, meaning alot of blue color and a blank face except for some dotted star patterns.
Looks very nice!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Daily wear is a Galaxy Watch 46mm at the moment. I also wear a Citizen Worldtime often.

More formal I have a super slim Raymond Weil dress watch with leather strap.

I want this Jaeger Le Coultre... Master Calendar 1558421 | Jaeger-LeCoultre the face is made of meteorite! That's just too cool.

Last edited:

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
I have a few vintage watches, as they:
1) are cool
2) suit my wrist size
3) (some of them) suit my budget

My favourite is a 1952 Omega that looks something like this, but isn’t a Seamaster & doesn’t have that cool cross-hatching.

omega_0-2.jpg

Watches are definitely something I’d love to get more into, but is alas far down the priority list at the moment. Will follow this thread & drool for sure though! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Daily wear is a Galaxy Watch 46mm at the moment. I also wear a Citizen Worldtime often.

More formal I have a super slim Raymond Weil dress watch with leather strap.

I want this Jaeger Le Coultre... Master Calendar 1558421 | Jaeger-LeCoultre the face is made of meteorite! That's just too cool.

Beautiful watch.

Also beautiful website. Worth checking out for ecommerce guys.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Seiko SKX009 as my formal/fancier watch:
upload_2019-3-23_15-17-12.jpeg

I love the red and navy blue contrast.

And when I’m feeling patriotic:
upload_2019-3-23_17-14-40.jpeg

And a retro Casio Calculator for work/beater:
upload_2019-3-23_15-18-8.png

@rwhyan

Last edited:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Casio Men's G-Shock GWM5610-1 Tough Solar Black Resin Sport Watch

This is my everyday watch, and I'm glad I never have to fiddle with it to set it
I have a few others but don't wear them unless I'm at a formal event like a wedding

GWM5610-1GD_large.png

U

User62861

Casio Men's G-Shock GWM5610-1 Tough Solar Black Resin Sport Watch

This is my everyday watch, and I'm glad I never have to fiddle with it to set it
I have a few others but don't wear them unless I'm at a formal event like a wedding

View attachment 24143
I will have to buy Gshock one day.

Your model is awesome. There is the same one just medal edition I think. You can check it out, looks incredible.

EnvisionEd

Education Revolutionary
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Nov 28, 2018
New Philadelphia, OH
I have a T-Touch that I've really enjoyed over the years. Mechanical-wise, Tissot makes one of the finer watches out there, but is not as well thought of as the higher end brands.

Fersko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 3, 2018
mens-inox-professional-diver-rubber-black-dial-241733.jpg

Really a huge fan of watches, when I get my hustle game up definitely rewarding myself with an automatic watch. Way more rewarding than a car in my opinion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.