The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What was your first "cash flow positive asset?"

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I thought it would be cool to have a thread about the first steps people took to start getting their money working for them...

- Did you buy a rental property?
- Was it a small franchise or self managed business?
- Was it stocks?

Even if it was only cash flowing $10 or $100 a month I would love to see what people started with when it came to hands-off cash flow. Sometimes it can seem intimidating for people to know where to start but I am sure there are many great examples on here of people making a few dollars work for them in a smart way.

(Also please link to any individual threads you might have on the same topic)

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Had a video camera at home and made some courses last year.

Still brings me between $100 - $200 a month.

I honestly do nothing for this.

No marketing.
No replying to students.

Nothing.

Working on my next business that is content related, and there is alot of writing involved.

Audience first strategy, and this time I'm going bigger.

Alot bigger.

Pretty sure I have a thread on the inside on it but alas.

I'm no longer an insider.

Photool

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 17, 2020
Orlando Florida
First ever step for me created a ripple effect of habits and mindsets . That first step was creating a capital account in a "high interest" savings which acts as my bucket for investing & making more money. When I first saw $1-2 drop in on its own it got me so pumped.

Definitely not a get wealth factor but looking back on it and in the macro it helped me realize the potential of having money grow, having money work for me as well as building a powerful habit saving money for investing. That then got me excited to find ways to make my money work for me . I think any "beginner" would benefit from that alone as a starting point even as basic as it is.

Personally, It allowed me to begin to see money as a token to be used to gather more tokens which I continue to apply on a bigger scale each year. After that I found a way to sell videos I created and generate royalties for video works through distribution networks.

Last edited:

Merlox

Contributor
Jan 11, 2016
Selling an ebook I wrote after one massive guide I wrote got A LOT of attention. Made me about 5 thousand total over a year

Now a good ol investment with a 10% profit per year

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
A 1 page affiliate website I built & ranked with SEO, I was promoting a $30 app for MAC users.

$100/day.
May I know where you learned SEO?

Were you ever in the first page?

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
Selling an ebook I wrote after one massive guide I wrote got A LOT of attention. Made me about 5 thousand total over a year

Now a good ol investment with a 10% profit per year
May I know whether you already had a huge following before the book was launched?

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012
May I know where you learned SEO?

Were you ever in the first page?
I learned from blackhatworld, and the courses they ripped from gurus and shared on there.
I was on 1st page, but then there was a Google panda/penguin update and lost all my ranking.

That was the day I got a lesson in the importance of having CONTROL, damn you Google, damn you Matt.

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Im a rapper so I have a few songs on Spotify, Apple Music etc that net me 50-100 dollars a month. So my first asset was my literally my mindset lol.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
I learned from blackhatworld, and the courses they ripped from gurus and shared on there.
I was on 1st page, but then there was a Google panda/penguin update and lost all my ranking.

That was the day I got a lesson in the importance of having CONTROL, damn you Google, damn you Matt.
I think this illustrates the importance of being in more than one 'space' at a time.
It's not too late to start an instagram / twitter / facebook etc. account for your blog. You can gain traction from these venues which lead readers to your blog, and you won't be as reliant on SEO.

YanC

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 18, 2017
France
Got started in business with real estate doing short term rental. Used to do it all on my own (rehab, listings, cleaning, check-ins...). I'm now up to 3 apartments and working on a 6 units building (very heavy and challenging rehab). I slowly learned how to work with people and get myself to work ON the business rather than IN it, and I'm now managing contractors for rehabs and cleaning. Check-ins and out are automated.

I mostly only manage my listings which takes on average 15 mins a day. Rental income is up to 6000€ for August. Slowly growing into something significant...

Merlox

Contributor
Jan 11, 2016
May I know whether you already had a huge following before the book was launched?
Nope not a huge following. Just that 1 big article. It took me 3 days to write and somehow it ranked super well on google where all I did was post it on 3 or so subreddits. It's like a mini-book in size. Basically the largest and most detailed article about the topic since I couldn't find proper alternatives.

I also did a few more articles that got about 1/3rd of the attention.

Wil22

Contributor
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
Stock purchases, sold at a profit which lead to buying a condo, sold that at a profit then bought a larger house on a lake..Rinse repeat, 2x. Now back in another condo purchase in 2009 during the RE contraction. I have one client that keeps the lights on while building my online business, helping SMBs. Fun exercise, I never reviewed my pathway to where I am now.

zackg1123

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 6, 2012
Orlando, FL
I thought it would be cool to have a thread about the first steps people took to start getting their money working for them...

- Did you buy a rental property?
- Was it a small franchise or self managed business?
- Was it stocks?

Even if it was only cash flowing $10 or $100 a month I would love to see what people started with when it came to hands-off cash flow. Sometimes it can seem intimidating for people to know where to start but I am sure there are many great examples on here of people making a few dollars work for them in a smart way.

(Also please link to any individual threads you might have on the same topic)

Thanks!
Partnered with a small business locally as a passive owner. Could bring in anywhere from $80-$500/day depending on sales.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom