I am reading James Altucher's book 'Choose Yourself' and just finished MJ's book this weekend. In both books they talk about coming up with ideas that will serve a need or help people. James recommends coming up with 10 ideas a day on a variety of topics.
Here is my problem. Practically every day it seems like I come up with an idea that seems great. Then when I think about it some more, I start to poke holes in it and think 'that will never work' for some reason or another.
I have written posts on this forum and PM'd people thinking I have some great idea and asked for ways to implement it. They would give me ideas on how to move forward or explain why it will be a large challenge technically.
It feels like I have ADD. Brainstorming ideas and wasting people's time with all these different directions. How do you settle in and figure out the thing to go after without wasting a lot of other people's time - or having them think you are not committed to anything? It seems like there are SO many ideas, and my issue is how to decide on one.
How do you decide which idea has the best shot of coming to fruition?
Here is my problem. Practically every day it seems like I come up with an idea that seems great. Then when I think about it some more, I start to poke holes in it and think 'that will never work' for some reason or another.
I have written posts on this forum and PM'd people thinking I have some great idea and asked for ways to implement it. They would give me ideas on how to move forward or explain why it will be a large challenge technically.
It feels like I have ADD. Brainstorming ideas and wasting people's time with all these different directions. How do you settle in and figure out the thing to go after without wasting a lot of other people's time - or having them think you are not committed to anything? It seems like there are SO many ideas, and my issue is how to decide on one.
How do you decide which idea has the best shot of coming to fruition?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
