• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

O/T: Health What supplements do you take?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kak, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,087
    In the past I have been the guy that calls supplements “snake oil” a bunch of too good to be true BS... I couldn’t have been more wrong about fish oil...

Evidently I had a deficiency in omega 3s because I started taking fish oil a few months ago and it has, without a doubt in my mind, given me energy and mental clarity.

Speaking of mental clarity, I have only just realized how badly eating poorly effects me. As someone who used to get brain fog. Eating clean helped, fish oil blew my doors off and gave me an adderal like mental clarity.

What do you guys take? What have you noticed? My interest in general performance is piqued.

@GPM recommends Krill Oil over fish oil for several reasons so I’m trying that today.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    ChrisV, Fox, Kingmaker and 18 others like this.
  2. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,087
    I also take a gulp of Apple Cider Vinegar every day. Tastes like crap, but it does wonders to keep you from ever feeling bloated.

Fox, ChrisR, Ron Gipp and 5 others like this.
  3. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,158
    Hey Kak,

i have no experiences with fish-oil but i'm taking in 20g of flaxseeds and sesame seeds every day for omega 3 & 6 with no noticeable effects.

I also take B12 1.000IU every 2-3 days, which where a major game changer. It felt like i've been behind a wall of fog all day before, compared to after taking it for 1 week. You feel more awake and all tasks throughout the day just come easier. Just my experiences. This wears off after you've taken if for while though - or it's just the new standard who knows.

rogue synthetic and Kak like this.
  4. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,158
    Can't you dilute this with a glass of water or does this dilute the effect too?

Kak likes this.
  5. pingu

pingu Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $221
    Just incase someone stumbles onto this thread thinking that Omega 3 from Flaxseeds, Chia Seeds and other Plant Sources are the same as Omega 3 from Fish Sources.

Sadly, it is not

The type of Omega 3s coming from Plant Sources (ALA) isnt the same as the Omega 3s coming from Fish Sources (EPA & DHA)

I should however mention that your body naturally converts Plant Based Omega 3 (ALA) into the ones you get from Fish Sources, however only a very small percentage gets converted

ChrisR, diegorueda, gejaegert and 5 others like this.
  6. pingu

pingu Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $221
    I've read that Apple Cider Vinegar are also great before meals, it does something which allows your body to absorb more nutrients from the food that you're eating

Just wondering, how much Apple Cider Vinegar do you take daily?

I take about a shot glass worth of AVC a day but I'm not sure whether that may be too less to have any positive impact

7. MJoo

MJoo New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $62
    My spouse and 4 children uses two 100% plant-based supplements. A multi-vitamine and a glyconutritional product. Have seen indeed bizar results with people getting their health back using products so we are taking them to prevent and to get most out of life.

8. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
  9. levijean

levijean Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,859
    I take a multi, fish oil, turmeric, & occasionally glucosamine. I've taken them all for so long I dont know what they do for me if anything.

Kak likes this.
  10. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $28,087
    You can, but it's gross, so I’d rather just slam it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    ChrisV likes this.
  11. Rhino

Rhino Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $174
    Don’t know if this counts as a supplement as such, but I’ve been drinking kefir everyday for the last 9 months or so and I’ve definitely noticed some positive benefits. Firstly, I’ve lost weight, not that I’ve ever been overweight, but my body fat has noticeably decreased.

Secondly. It’s really good for your stomach, if you’ve ever got any stomach issues just drink some kefir and it just goes away instantly. Last week I went to a friends wedding and drank way too much as is usual at these kind of events. In the morning my stomach felt like a void, like there wasn’t enough grease in the world that could fill it. Usually for me this feeling lasts most the day, but when I got home, I drank some kefir and I instantly felt normal again.

Also I’ve not been Ill once since I started drinking the stuff, that’s despite everyone at my work and in my house being sick during that time.

The only problem most people have with it is that it literally is and tastes like fizzy sour milk.

andyhaus44, Jello, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rob Tennant

Rob Tennant Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $214
    High quality fish oil supps are good. I don't eat much fish so I do take fish oil.

I let my blood test results warrant the usage of supps, and only if I can't economically/reasonably bring up the deficiency thru real food. I would highly suggest people get a thorough blood test and go from there.. Its expensive but worth it if you can do.

Then in a month or so, after trying to bring up your deficiencies thru real food (preferable) or supps, re-test your deficient areas only (much cheaper) to confirm what you've done has worked. How do you know what to supplement if you don't know your deficient areas?

Kak likes this.
  13. CROJosh

CROJosh Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $387
    Used to take 10-12. D3, krill oil, magnesium, ala, curcumin, coq10, green tea, l-carnitine, l-theanine, berberine, creatine, ginseng and others depending on the recommendation. Had a bad panel and got a little nutso for a couple of years. Went from that - a labdoor-reading, examine. com report-buying, pubmed-addicted supplement junkie - to not taking any.

I'm not anti-supplement, in fact after taking fish oil 2 years ago to lower my triglycerides it absolutely worked. I made no other changes to my diet and went from high to normal in 6 months. So I may take something again in the future if I'm deficient but my labs have never been better and I'm spending, no joke, about $600 less per month on food and supplements.

Xeon and Kak like this.
  14. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,300
    I used to take fish oil but stopped because I didn’t feel any effect.

The only thing that gives me a boost is coffee or beer. Not healthy choices tho.

UnrealCreative, Xeon and Kak like this.
  15. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,251
    Kak, I read somewhere that drinking it straight can damage your throat so I always have it in a glass of water. For the last 3 years I have taken a supplement called Green Supreme by San. It's is full of veggies and my wife who had all sorts of stomach issues felt better soon after joining me in taking it every day. It is also suitable for Vegans. It helps me in my busy lifestyle and I can't imagine not using it.
    PS I don't have any affiliation with the company but maybe I should.

andyhaus44, Kak and CROJosh like this.
  16. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $28,087
    They say the fish or krill based oil for omega 3 is way more potent than plant based. I’m not an expert, but someone told me that.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    MidwestLandlord, Jello and Xeon like this.
  17. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $28,087
    Yeah I chase it hard with something... usually water... sometimes tea or juice.

18. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,444
    Admin Post
    Liquid Aloe.
    Methylated B-12. (Methylcobalamin)
    Liquid Caprylic Acid
    Plant-based protein powder (on gym days or when protein is lacking)
    Glutathione

19. WJS

WJS Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,640
    Had my blood test recently and the doc advised me to take fish oil to balance out the HDL and LDL (good and bad cholesterol). The effect was almost immediate as I feel more energetic and alert.

Aside from fish oil, I've also been taking spirulina and chlorella. These two have been dubbed the "superfood" by many people. I take them mainly to counter the lack of vegetable intake as most food you buy nowadays has way too much meat and fat but not enough portion of vegetable.

20. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,120
    I take vitamin tablets x2 daily, made up of Vitamic C, Garlic Extract and Propolis.

Used to take Dr. Formulas's DHT-blocker pills to prevent/delay hair loss, but I need the $ for my hustle, so stopped that.

The EL Maven likes this.
  21. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,910
    Protein and creatine.

Keep in mind if you diet inn't on point supplements wont help you.

22. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $720
    I take a standard multivitamin. I probably should work on improving my somewhat crappy diet of rice, vegetables, eggs, and pork.

DHT blockers can have some nasty side effects too. I used minoxidil, but that gave me dandruff. Now I just shave my head.

lucasb and Xeon like this.
  23. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,700
    Multivitamin
    Magnesium
    Creatine

The biggest thing I recently "discovered" was eating light meals in the morning.

I used to down 5 eggs, ham, bread, and then I would be sleepy and felt like someone beat me up.

Now I eat oatmeal and just mix up some peanut butter with it for better taste. I feel full after but not so full I'm tired.

I highly recommend people try it. It has completely changed how I work in the morning.

Xeon likes this.
  24. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,873
    D3
    Zinc
    Liquid fish oil (omega 3's)
    Theanine
    Apple cider vinegar
    Metamucil
    Beef liver

I mix protein powder, apple cider vinegar, Metamucil, and liquid fish oil into a shake every night.

With the apple cider vinegar, I drink the high quality glass bottled stuff that contains the mother. But I also buy the crap that comes in a gallon jug and soak my feet in it (undiluted) twice a month or so. Makes my feet feel like a million bucks!

Kak, Kingmaker, Tommo and 4 others like this.
  25. Alex Nolte

Alex Nolte Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $403
    What I take daily and highly recommend to everybody else:
    • 3g of EPA/DHA out of fish oil capsules
    • 4000 IU vitamin D3 (anything up to 10k is safe, but 4k is usually enough, if your living in a very sunny area then even less)
    • 200mcg vitamin K2
    What I take to boost my performance in the gym
    • 5g of creatine monohydrate (daily)
    • 250mg caffeine + 250mg l-theanine (pre workout, can also be used for hustling)
    Benefits of each:
    fish oil: bone & joint health, cognitive function & brain health, cardiovascular health, liver health, antiinflammatory effect
    vitamin D: general health, antiinflammatory effect, immunity, bone & joint health, cognitive function & brain health, insulin sensivity, cardiovascular health, libido
    vitamin k2: bone health, cardiovascular health, works synergistically with vitamin d (so the effects of each are improved), makes sure that calcium gets to all the right places in your body and therefore prevents arterial calcification

creatine: more power in things like sprinting or strength training
    caffeine + theanine: alertness, clarity, calm focus (theanine prevents the caffeine "shakiness" from occuring)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.