The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I do at 17? I've Read MJ's Books

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
I'm a 17 year old entrepreneurial and web savvy kid. I first read the Millionaire Fastlane in 2015 and later acquired Unscripted last month. Since i read those two books, i've vowed never to cripple my dreams in life by living a life of servitude.

I totally understand every concept MJ DeMarco mentioned in TMF . And sometimes i explain these concepts to my entrepreneurial friends who haven't read the books. They kinda look amazed and in fact some ordered the books themselves. While some called to thank me. Some asked questions like "You know all these secrets why aren't you rich then?"

My answer usually sounds like "I'm still young and maybe as soon as i get older, i'll have some money and start applying those concepts." This kinda makes me feel i'm lazy or wasting time especially when i read about young people of my age who have succeeded in business or created a scalable product or app and have gone big.

So I need suggestions on what's the best action i can take at this stage to kick start my entrepreneurial career and probably become a fastlane success at my age.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dior616

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 9, 2017
Texas
Learn and try one skill at a time. [Ex: programming, copywriting, selling, marketing, SEO, photography, editing, etc.] Know when somethings not working but DON'T give up when you 'lose interest'.

If you've read Unscripted , you'll know how important your meaning and purpose actually is. Wanting to be successful at an early age is great and all, but that superficial 'why' may beat you down quick. Patience is a virtue.

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Learn and try one skill at a time. [Ex: programming, copywriting, selling, marketing, SEO, photography, editing, etc.] Know when somethings not working but DON'T give up when you 'lose interest'.

If you've read Unscripted , you'll know how important your meaning and purpose actually is. Wanting to be successful at an early age is great and all, but that superficial 'why' may beat you down quick. Patience is a virtue.
I'm currently learning SEO and doing some blogging

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Dont drop out of school (yet) Get a job in a small business if possible, or any job really. You never know where opportunities will come from.

Dont learn skills just for the sake of learning. Only learn what is needed for the task in front of you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
At 17 I would do the following:

-Brainstorm the business opportunities available to you for the next 10 years or so. Start forming your goals.

-Dive headfirst into your first venture. Remember now is ALWAYS better than later.

-Search for an apprenticeship with an impressive entrepreneur in the area. You might have to get crafty to find one.

-Start laying a foundation for future success by planning what you’ll do with the money you make. This is IMPORTANT. Money sitting in a checking account is tranquilized capacity.

-Network your a$$ off with people way way way more successful than you.

-Commit to amassing incredible business knowledge every single day.

-Decide now that you’ll never stop or give up.

If you do these things, you’ll win.

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Nobody can tell you what to do. Nobody here knows how your life is going to unfold. Build internal confidence in your decisions and knowledge and question everything.

-Shoot for monopoly in your business and in your mindset(understand thing few do).
-Read everyday. Anything.
-Spot and Solve problems. Don't chase money.
-Don't be afraid to believe something that 99% of people disagree with.

Often times opportunity isn't something that is found but rather it finds us in the drama of life. In life circumstances that are unique to us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.