The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What opportunities have you discovered (or better yet, created) lately?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm looking for a duplex in the area that I just moved to so that someone else can pay my mortgage (credit to @G_Alexander). I start going to a local real estate investment group per his recommendation, and I've quite a few people who are eager to share advice and ideas. Since I'm new to this there is plenty that I have to research & verify, but I am getting a lot of info for free.

One specific insight that someone gave me was to walk around neighborhoods that I am interested in living in, chat with people walking around or even knock on doors asking them for help. They emphasized framing it as asking for help because apparently most people like to help. They said that this is a good way to get leads on people who might be looking to sell & gaining valuable information about the neighborhood because there are some things that you won't find from a Google search and you have to learn just from living in a place for a while.

The cool thing is that there are people younger than me (I'm 28) doing this too. I take it as a (positive) challenge when someone younger than me is ahead of me.

Lots of opportunities.

What opportunities have you come across lately? It can be anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
I had a meeting with some clients all day and we got drinks after. They started complaining (bingo!) about swimming lessons for their children. Every child in my country takes swimming lessons, but my clients were complaining that there is no website that shows the swimming schools in their area and that gives you an opportunity to compare them and select the best one (based on price, reviews etc). There are lots of swimming schools, but most don't have websites or very crappy ones. As a parent, it's always a gamble if you pick the right one and you usually base it off of what other parents recommend at school.

Sounds like a great opportunity for improvement :eyes:

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
I'm looking for a duplex in the area that I just moved to so that someone else can pay my mortgage (credit to @G_Alexander). I start going to a local real estate investment group per his recommendation, and I've quite a few people who are eager to share advice and ideas. Since I'm new to this there is plenty that I have to research & verify, but I am getting a lot of info for free.

One specific insight that someone gave me was to walk around neighborhoods that I am interested in living in, chat with people walking around or even knock on doors asking them for help. They emphasized framing it as asking for help because apparently most people like to help. They said that this is a good way to get leads on people who might be looking to sell & gaining valuable information about the neighborhood because there are some things that you won't find from a Google search and you have to learn just from living in a place for a while.

The cool thing is that there are people younger than me (I'm 28) doing this too. I take it as a (positive) challenge when someone younger than me is ahead of me.

Lots of opportunities.

What opportunities have you come across lately? It can be anything.

I could show you 25 ways to buy a property, even with a dollar coin as deposit.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia

Rent to buy. This can be a win, win situation for all parties involved. Just make sure that you fully understand what you are getting into. If you have never owned a property before this is a great way to see if property ownership is for you. Most people will start repayments close to that of a real mortgage repayment. It is one thing to say that you can afford those payments above your normal rent and it is another to actually make them.
If you are looking at using this technique to purchase a property, you need to do a few checks and balances. First of all see a solicitor. If you are happy with the terms and conditions, then get a pest and building inspection. Remember it is the same as any other property purchase.

Back to Back option With a lease attached to the property or what's called a sandwich lease option. This is when you take a call option over a property for usually up to a 3
year period. You then agree to lease the property from the owner during this period. In the lease you have a sublet clause which allows you to sublet the property. You then have another option which allows you to form an agreement with a new potential purchaser to sell the property to him before the option expiry date. This strategy will give you weekly cash flow plus a back end profit.

Property call Option This is a very common way of securing property in Australia. It gives the purchaser the right, but not the obligation to purchase a property. I touched on this before and here is a little more information for your reference. You can use $1 as your option fee if you wish. This makes the deal legal. However I am not that cheap so I usually use $2. To begin with, leave property put options aside until you perfect the call option. (see below).

Property put and call options. A property put option gives the seller of a particular property the right but not the obligation to make the buyer purchase his property during an agreed time period. A property call option gives the purchaser the right but not the obligation to purchase a particular property during an agreed time period.
It is not science and it is not brain surgery. But it is a very effective way to purchase a property with little or no money down. Remember it is just an agreement between the buyer and the seller over the way a property can be bought or sold.

The Structured Offer. This is one of the most profitable ways that you can buy a house.
I have structured some real beauties over the years. The most profitable way to buy a property "No Cash Down". I start with a standard format and work from there. This way it is clean and simple, the seller will either go for the idea or not; this is a personal favorite of mine. Works on other Real Estate as well.

Some of the ideas may attract Tax or Stamp Duty in your country, it is your responsibility to check.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Independent grocery stores and restaurants are inundated with sales calls from POS system people, food ingredient packaging label & software people, food delivery services, etc. Most of these purveyors don't know and don't have the time to research which company would be the best option for them, and how these solutions would benefit them financially. This is where an independent consultant would come in handy. Someone who could help them avoid costly mistakes.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Rent to buy. This can be a win, win situation for all parties involved. Just make sure that you fully understand what you are getting into. If you have never owned a property before this is a great way to see if property ownership is for you. Most people will start repayments close to that of a real mortgage repayment. It is one thing to say that you can afford those payments above your normal rent and it is another to actually make them.
If you are looking at using this technique to purchase a property, you need to do a few checks and balances. First of all see a solicitor. If you are happy with the terms and conditions, then get a pest and building inspection. Remember it is the same as any other property purchase.

Back to Back option With a lease attached to the property or what's called a sandwich lease option. This is when you take a call option over a property for usually up to a 3
year period. You then agree to lease the property from the owner during this period. In the lease you have a sublet clause which allows you to sublet the property. You then have another option which allows you to form an agreement with a new potential purchaser to sell the property to him before the option expiry date. This strategy will give you weekly cash flow plus a back end profit.

Property call Option This is a very common way of securing property in Australia. It gives the purchaser the right, but not the obligation to purchase a property. I touched on this before and here is a little more information for your reference. You can use $1 as your option fee if you wish. This makes the deal legal. However I am not that cheap so I usually use $2. To begin with, leave property put options aside until you perfect the call option. (see below).

Property put and call options. A property put option gives the seller of a particular property the right but not the obligation to make the buyer purchase his property during an agreed time period. A property call option gives the purchaser the right but not the obligation to purchase a particular property during an agreed time period.
It is not science and it is not brain surgery. But it is a very effective way to purchase a property with little or no money down. Remember it is just an agreement between the buyer and the seller over the way a property can be bought or sold.

The Structured Offer. This is one of the most profitable ways that you can buy a house.
I have structured some real beauties over the years. The most profitable way to buy a property "No Cash Down". I start with a standard format and work from there. This way it is clean and simple, the seller will either go for the idea or not; this is a personal favorite of mine. Works on other Real Estate as well.

Some of the ideas may attract Tax or Stamp Duty in your country, it is your responsibility to check.
Perhaps it is me or the country. I find all of these want at least 25% as their option fee or depoist. Or you need to meet the salary requirements first. Which really isn't buying for a £1/$1

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
Perhaps it is me or the country. I find all of these want at least 25% as their option fee or depoist. Or you need to meet the salary requirements first. Which really isn't buying for a £1/$1

You don't need to meet any requirement, in Australia, I simply deal with the owner direct and not with the Real Estate. The option agreement is anything you want it to be, as long as you both agree to the put and call, there shouldn't be a problem. I have also used the same principal, many times, when I purchased property overseas.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
You don't need to meet any requirement, in Australia, I simply deal with the owner direct and not with the Real Estate. The option agreement is anything you want it to be, as long as you both agree to the put and call, there shouldn't be a problem. I have also used the same principal, many times, when I purchased property overseas.
In the UK I understand that's illegal unless your licensed under property redress scheme.

Sounds like I could only buy Australian properties on this.

I have spotted oppotunites where people could buy up land here. Get planning permission then sell it on. I suspect everyone knows about that though .

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
In the UK I understand that's illegal unless your licensed under property redress scheme.

Sounds like I could only buy Australian properties on this.

I have spotted oppotunites where people could buy up land here. Get planning permission then sell it on. I suspect everyone knows about that though .

I have bought properties in the USA, NZ and Aus, using the method outlined. I was offered a Castle in the UK, but it came with a catch, you had to renovate, but abide by the heritage listing.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I have bought properties in the USA, NZ and Aus, using the method outlined. I was offered a Castle in the UK, but it came with a catch, you had to renovate, but abide by the heritage listing.
I imagine you were offered it on something other than an option contract.

There is always a catch. Have you ever thought about UK properties? Other than the castle?

I'm certain there is a lot of money to be made on future commuter towns to London.

Property prices always go up just after the train lines are upgraded. Yet the plans are published years ahead.

Though I think the real money is in CLI and planning permission. Such a variation in price between the cost of land without PP and with PP.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
I imagine you were offered it on something other than an option contract.

There is always a catch. Have you ever thought about UK properties? Other than the castle?

I'm certain there isa lot of money to be made on future commuter towns to London.

Property prices always go up just after the train lines are upgraded. Yet the plans are published years ahead.

The castle was offered via tender, with the proviso, you attached a full plan for the reno and how much you intended to spend, to bring it up to scratch (starting from when you owned the place). So myself and the wallet drainer tendered a pound, we were shortlisted and then when we saw the list of repairs, both ran like a dog with a rocket up his clacker.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The castle was offered via tender, with the proviso, you attached a full plan for the reno and how much you intended to spend, to bring it up to scratch (starting from when you owned the place). So myself and the wallet drainer tendered a pound, we were shortlisted and then when we saw the list of repairs, both ran like a dog with a rocket up his clacker.
Ah that makes sense. Not really a £1. A £1 plus hell of a repair bill for the reno.

Just Like 'free drinks' the trick is to inflate the meal cost/reno enough to subiside the drinks/tender

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.