The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Makes You An Entrepreneur

Anything related to matters of the mind

justFocus

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 7, 2013
For most people out there, it's pretty simple: find a passion (like painting) and make a career out of it. You love doing it; you have a passion for it; and so, you make a living off of it. While I used to think it was no different for an entrepreneur, lately I've come to question if the entrepreneurial mindset is actually something different.

It's no doubt easier to establish a business where the main focus of the company just happens to be something you love (video games for example). But, this isn't always the case. There are those entrepreneurs that rake up any opportunity in any field, in any industry, for expansion and growth, just because they see the potential and hell, why not?

What is this idea or this feeling that seems to spark from within that makes the 'entrepreneur' really, a jack of all trades. Someone looking from the outside in could potentially see that as an exhausting process, not entirely attractive short of the money they'd be making. But not for the entrepreneur. Like those with a traditional vocation, what is the passion for an entrepreneur? An answer that might be as varied and different for many as the entrepreneurial sphere itself.

What is your motivation that empowers entrepreneurial success? Money? Power? Just the experience alone? What do you see or feel when you realize something's untapped potential? What goes through your unique mind and your unique heart that no one else can possibly describe besides you, that dictates the powerful change you make in the world?

What makes you an entrepreneur? I'm not talking about your experience, or successes, or accumulated wealth. What makes you an entrepreneur at your core...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I cannot speak for anyone else except myself, so here goes...

An Entrepreneur is basically a creator. We LOVE to create things and hate authority. So we are unemployable. Combine those two with a different, unhinged perspective of life and you basically have someone who builds the plane as they fly.

Do what you love, is a recipe for disaster. You need to do what you adore and enjoy AND make sure there is MARKET for it, too.

This "feeling" you speak of, is the hustle. It is the relentless desire to live a better life. MANY Entrepreneurs inc myself have been broke and hungry once a upon a time. If you haven't experienced that, it is something out of another dimension. You will hustle because you're LITERALLY hungry.

Motivation that empowers Entrepreneurial success, is being able to live your life on YOUR terms. Not be a slave to someone else's nonsense. The Freedom, more than anything. Because with the money and power comes FREEDOM to do ANYTHING you desire. ANYTHING.

You feel BEYOND ecstatic. I have stayed up NIGHTS creating companies out of my ideas. BEST FEELING EVER. You feel "useful". It is a vision you are blessed with and you execute on the vision.

At the core, FREEDOM makes you an Entrepreneur. Which is why jobs and us are like chalk and cheese. Never worked, never will.

iwantaferrari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Aug 13, 2013
There is no typical entrepreneur profile.

Every body is different.

Books and blog are trying to sell you " the 10 behavior of successfull entrepreneur " or " 7 mistakes entrepreneurs do " so you think " hey ! if i just adopt those traits or avoid those mistake i can be successfull too ! ".

This is an illusion.

Hard Work can incease your chances of success, but not all successfull entrepreneurs worked hard. Some had luck and succeeded easy, some worked hard and lost it all.

D

DeletedUser391

When desperate nights are usually beaten by hopeful mornings.

When the lesson of losing money is an investment not a failure.

When trading 11 months of drudgery for 1 month of fun is not an option.

When stability is the shackles of progress.

When facing stereotype means facing slow death.

When rejection is the temporary toll and freedom is the sweet trophy.

When message from a happy customer means the world.

When mockery triggers a boost of energy to push harder.

When competition is a challenge not a threat.

When being crazy is not an insult but a compliment.

When loneliness takes on brand new faces.

When you suddenly find out who are your real friends the moment you most need them.

When your dreams come to life while helping others to realize theirs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.