The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Job would be best suited for an 18 year old aspiring entrepreneur?

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
I've posted on here before. im very aware of time & I want to spend it wisely. I need money to start up my app company but I don't know where to go. I thought about working at Apple, bestbuy or a place that has technology so I can learn while getting paid. im trying to get this done so I can finally start funding my road to freedom. any suggestions my friends?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SSimz

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 21, 2015
Canada
Any job that pays should do in my opinion

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
that's true, or I can sell some of my stuff or be creative lol. I just need to find a way to make money now.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
What about as a programmer? Developer? I assume you have those skills since you want to start an app company (but it may be a bad assumption). What about a secretary or something at a software house? Etc

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
A
that's true, or I can sell some of my stuff or be creative lol. I just need to find a way to make money now.

Are you the one who will be creating the Apps(code)? Do you have the expertise, skill, any experience to do so? Or are you the idea guy or the marketing guy and will hire programmers to build your apps?

- Jesse

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
ive been working at that my friend. but being a secretary at a software house is the best idea I've seen yet. Brian May I ask what do you do for a living?

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
I'm a student right now working on some fastlane stuff.

Do something where you can connect and learn from programmers.

lowkeymogul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 28, 2015
New York
wow... all I did was search software houses in my city & there's so many. I'll try to get a secretary position there & flip things on Craigslist. envy can you explain sales jobs a little more?

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
I'll second the idea of getting a sales job. Since that will be your role in the firm your trying to establish you will learn valuable skills. Sales also offers young people with no marketable skills something no other job does - an unlimited income potential. I know sales people that make 6 or even 7 figures annually. Being young and inexperienced, you'll have to convince somebody to take a chance on you, but it has and can be done - that's your first sale.

Cheers,
O-2

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I took telemarketing and leapfrogged that into a sales position. Sales obviously pays very well at good companies with very little required in the way of education / skillset as long as you can prove you can sell.

Probably the 'easiest' path to cash from the regular job market.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I'd get a job in marketing, sales, public relations, or any job at a company with an entrepreneurial spirit like Amazon.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
im the marketing guy who's hiring programmers to build my apps but i'm learning a bit of programming myself.

That's very good lowkey. You definetly want to learn some coding yourself because that is a good skill to have. What type of apps will your company specialize in...
  • Utilities
  • Entertainment
  • Games
  • News
  • Productivity
  • Social Networking
- Jesse

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
That's very good lowkey. You definetly want to learn some coding yourself because that is a good skill to have. What type of apps will your company specialize in...
  • Utilities
  • Entertainment
  • Games
  • News
  • Productivity
  • Social Networking
- Jesse
I'd like to know this too. If you're doing games, I know TONS of resources you can learn from. When I first started doing game coding and design back in 1998 it was way more difficult than it is now - believe it or not - just because you had to really know what you were doing, you had to code, then compile then run the program to see if your code even worked! These days there are so many resources, there's literally no way to not learn whatever you want.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
I've posted on here before. im very aware of time & I want to spend it wisely. I need money to start up my app company but I don't know where to go. I thought about working at Apple, bestbuy or a place that has technology so I can learn while getting paid. im trying to get this done so I can finally start funding my road to freedom. any suggestions my friends?

First of all, congrats on having dreams and wanting to hustle so you can have a better future.

How much, money do you exactly need?

You can earn money by either working a job/gig/project or getting a loan from friends and family and even investors.

Have you tried asking, your friends and family for financial help? tried getting a loan?

Have you tried to possibly, sign up on them outsourcing sites?

Borrow some money, to fund your project. Get that app created (either by you or someone else). Market/sell/distribute it to mass channels and the world! The hardest part, is the mass distribution and marketing. I would focus mostly on marketing/advertising/sales, these skills are a must if you want to make money.

You become, good at these things by reading forums such as this one, buying books and reading them and taking action. Working a job provide some great experience, working for yourself is the ultimate hustle and TRUE experience.

So try to get some funds, from family/friends/investors and get that app created and start selling it like crazy.

The hardest part is the mass distribution, good luck!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Honestly... any job you can get. Even if it's McDonalds, you'll learn a lot about people working there.

Work a job... and learn a skill on the side. Read books.

Work a job... and freelance on the side.

Work a job... and network on the side. Save your money to fly out to conferences.

Work a job... and build a Fastlane on the side.

Don't go to college unless it's free. Don't waste time mentally masturbating. Destroy the Xbox and uninstall Steam (you don't seem like a gamer tho, but if you are then stop).

It's not the JOB that matters, it's the PROCESS that matters.

Good luck.

jalini.alias

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 13, 2015
U can look for small firms already doing stuff that u r aspiring to do... or something in similar line. That way u have an inside view of a business similar to the one u want to have later on. In small firms u'll see more... things like compensation packages, how to treat employees, dealing with customers, organizational policies as well as regulatory aspects are important to know

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
I would start with higher learning- college.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...