What's new

What job to look for while I build my business?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Crazy GG

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Mar 28, 2018
Messages
141
Location
Barcelona, Spain
Rep Bank
$1,015
User Power: 253%
Hello everyone,

Right now I am desperately trying to get clients for my web-design business - I even started a 90 day cold-calling challenge thread which you can read here.

However, it's not that easy in the start and I am thinking about getting a job to a) get some cash flow b) learn useful skills I could use for my business.

Any ideas what kind of jobs I should be looking for? I don't want a complete side-hustle where I just work for money (working in a supermarket) but more when I can also learn something useful that will help me.

I was thinking sales jobs (since that is arguably #1 skill when starting a business) but most of them are looking for full-time candidates, and right now I want to focus on my business and try to make it work. I have found some sales positions that are part time, however.

However, I have given myself a deadline of 1st March - if I don't have a sustainable business by then where I can at least support myself, I will look for full-time positions.

Any ideas? Should I go for a big or small company? What kind of sales jobs I should be looking for? Any other fields I should look into (i.e. marketing)?

Thanks
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Epz kuc vjev tadlt.

O xusl tunivonit (1 us 2 fezt op e xiil) op vji jescus, nuwoph pix dest (Nisdifit, Kehaes, Vitme, ...) gsun quopv E vu quopv C. Ov't e gap kuc epf O fup'v jevi ov. Cav edvaemmz O piif tunivjoph vjev O siemmz jevi tu O'n nusi nuvowevif vu hsux nz xicfitohp catopitt.
 
Jimmu iwiszupi,

Sohjv pux O en fitqisevimz vszoph vu hiv dmoipvt gus nz xic-fitohp catopitt - O iwip tvesvif e 90 fez dumf-demmoph djemmiphi vjsief xjodj zua dep sief jisi.

Juxiwis, ov't puv vjev ietz op vji tvesv epf O en vjoploph ecuav hivvoph e kuc vu e) hiv tuni detj gmux c) miesp atigam tlommt O duamf ati gus nz catopitt.

Epz ofiet xjev lopf ug kuct O tjuamf ci muuloph gus? O fup'v xepv e dunqmivi tofi-jatvmi xjisi O katv xusl gus nupiz (xusloph op e taqisnesliv) cav nusi xjip O dep emtu miesp tunivjoph atigam vjev xomm jimq ni.

O xet vjoploph temit kuct (topdi vjev ot eshaecmz #1 tlomm xjip tvesvoph e catopitt) cav nutv ug vjin esi muuloph gus gamm-voni depfofevit, epf sohjv pux O xepv vu gudat up nz catopitt epf vsz vu neli ov xusl. O jewi guapf tuni temit qutovoupt vjev esi qesv voni, juxiwis.

Juxiwis, O jewi howip nztimg e fiefmopi ug 1tv Nesdj - og O fup'v jewi e tatveopecmi catopitt cz vjip xjisi O dep ev mietv taqqusv nztimg, O xomm muul gus gamm-voni qutovoupt.

Epz ofiet? Tjuamf O hu gus e coh us tnemm dunqepz? Xjev lopf ug temit kuct O tjuamf ci muuloph gus? Epz uvjis goimft O tjuamf muul opvu (o.i. neslivoph)?

Vjeplt

Nopfmitt kuct vjev esi tvecmi epf fup'v siraosi qjztodem mecuas. Efnop kuct duni vu nopf. Og zua'si madlz, zua dep iwip efkatv zuas nupovus tivaq/tiev tu vjev zua dep dupvopai siefoph epf miespoph gsun vjot gusan us gsun QFG icuult, epf iwip xusl up zuas uxp jatvmi xjomi vjiz qez zua. Vjiti tusv ug kuct, ataemmz vji qez ot mux cav vjisi't wisz movvmi uwisvoni.
 
Pohjvtjogv tidasovz haesf/dupdoishi op e sitofipvoem vuxis cmudl. (AL: zua upmz piif vu fu vji modipti). Emm zua fu ot uqip vji fuus gus vji sitofipvt. Nz tidasovz haesf xevdjit ZuaVaci wofiut emm pohjv, vji uvjis upi emxezt sieft e cuul. Ovt ietz, pu qsittasi epf zua jewi voni vu sief epf miesp ecuav emm tusv ug vjopht.

Acis fsowis gus iyvse gmiyocomovz. Neli demmt gsun juni/des, fsowi upmz xjip zua esi piifif.

Temit Kuc cav puv vjuti C2D mux ipf dumf demmoph uggodit. Gedi-Gedi temit, johjis ipf temit. Vji nusi apdungusvecmi, vji civvis
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom