- Joined
- May 28, 2014
- Messages
- 520
Rep Bank
$1,755
$1,755
User Power: 166%
Every time I am working with a manufacture, I always question their quote on door to door air courier. Some manufactures I work with are very reasonable, while others are extraordinary high. What is the proper way of calculating air courier cost to the US?
Based on my understanding, the quote is based on chargeable (volumetric) weight. I believe the formula is the greater of the actual weight or LxWxH/5000. For example: My package is 29 KG and dimensions are 60x40x30cm. The volumetric weight is 72,000/5000 = 14.4 KG.
So now I have my chargeable weight of 29 KG. It is estimated that it costs $3 - $5 per KG. So I am looking at around max $145 for air courier from China to US.
Is there a calculator that can give me an accurate cost instead of an rough estimate? If I use Fedex or DHL, I calculated above $1,000. I've used other calculators found on google and I am getting the same results.
At what point when you would think a manufacture is completely ripping you off. In the range of +20% of what you calculated? What is your threshold?
Based on my understanding, the quote is based on chargeable (volumetric) weight. I believe the formula is the greater of the actual weight or LxWxH/5000. For example: My package is 29 KG and dimensions are 60x40x30cm. The volumetric weight is 72,000/5000 = 14.4 KG.
So now I have my chargeable weight of 29 KG. It is estimated that it costs $3 - $5 per KG. So I am looking at around max $145 for air courier from China to US.
Is there a calculator that can give me an accurate cost instead of an rough estimate? If I use Fedex or DHL, I calculated above $1,000. I've used other calculators found on google and I am getting the same results.
At what point when you would think a manufacture is completely ripping you off. In the range of +20% of what you calculated? What is your threshold?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
