What is it about advice we get? I look around online and everyone has their own opinion, but of course we need to find a way to separate good advice from bad advice.
To me, the best advice is stuff that is tried and proven (and working RIGHT NOW)
In becoming a professional athlete (if you can call making a few hundred bucks for winning fights professional), I always sought out the BEST people in the field and learned from them. Soon as I found someone better I moved to learn from them. The same thing when I started teaching - I sought out (and still do) the best of the best and attempt to become better than them.
But how do you find these people in a new industry, market, activity, or whatever?
In the Richest Man In Babylon, they mention "don't take advice about gems from brick-makers."
My question is, does anyone have a solid system, process or certain questions they ask to weed out worthless advice? (or at least "worthless" to their cause?)
To me, the best advice is stuff that is tried and proven (and working RIGHT NOW)
In becoming a professional athlete (if you can call making a few hundred bucks for winning fights professional), I always sought out the BEST people in the field and learned from them. Soon as I found someone better I moved to learn from them. The same thing when I started teaching - I sought out (and still do) the best of the best and attempt to become better than them.
But how do you find these people in a new industry, market, activity, or whatever?
In the Richest Man In Babylon, they mention "don't take advice about gems from brick-makers."
My question is, does anyone have a solid system, process or certain questions they ask to weed out worthless advice? (or at least "worthless" to their cause?)
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
