The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is happiness?

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
NOT HAVING TO CONFIRM YOUR LIKE VOTE! IT IS MAKING ME LOSE MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. WE ARE BIG KIDS. WE KNOW WHAT WE LIKE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
The most important thing iv learnt about happiness is to realize you dont NEED anything to be happy!

As mentioned before babys when they are born are happy, they dont have any worries or have any shit to worry about, it all gets taken care of for them.

The problem is everyone gets told (or tells themselves) that you have all these things or conditions before they can be happy but this is not true.

"i wont be happy till i get that epic car"
"i wont be happy till i earn X amount of money"
"i wont be happy till i have a girlfriend/boyfriend"

ect.

Just take a moment to realize where you are now and realize the mirracle that we are all alive at this moment.

Being happy with whatever you have is genuine happiness.

These are much of how I see it.

You can be happy now. Endlessly. Remain happy.

Gratitude. Loving being alive. Grateful to be alive.

Fulfilled by being alive. Nothing more is needed for happiness.

Knowing your life is created by your hands, that is your freedom as well.

Acceptance. Of everything as it is now currently. Always. Accepting. Now.

Isn't it funny how these two replies came sequentially at the end?

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
These are much of how I see it.

You can be happy now. Endlessly. Remain happy.

Gratitude. Loving being alive. Grateful to be alive.

Fulfilled by being alive. Nothing more is needed for happiness.

Knowing your life is created by your hands, that is your freedom as well.

Acceptance. Of everything as it is now currently. Always. Accepting. Now.

Isn't it funny how these two replies came sequentially at the end?
What makes me happy: naturally not in any order. I like the gratitude, change your mind set n change your thinking. Be positive n smile!
Something to look forward to we all enjoy to wake up n have something to look forward to like meeting at the fastlane summit :) great lovemaking with your partner, ummm seeing my grandchildren lol these all make ME happy. Create a need that can help others. Do for others n it can make you happy. My added tidbit!

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Happiness happens when the pleasure of engagement equals or is greater than the energy required.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Happiness happens when the pleasure of engagement equals or is greater than the energy required.
Happiness to me is being a speaker at the "Fast lane Summit" Feb.2020!

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
This is an interesting topic for me, because what I do professionally is help people grow their business and help them live way happier, easier lives that are fun to live.

What I see is that on a very basic level, being happy means being content with where you are right now. That means where you are physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually.

Now that doesn’t mean you don’t want to grow in all those areas. You can, and everybody does, but it means not having tension between here and the future.

Now, how to achieve that?

Improve the quality of your thoughts.

Your thoughts determine everything. How you feel, how you handle situations, how you engage with life.

Bad quality of thought = unhappy.

Good quality of thought = happy.

Just as an example. Yesterday I was talking to someone who was really struggling with life. Money wasn’t coming in, he was feeling defeated, and it generally seemed that life was a struggle and working against him.

Now, I know that’s not factually true. It’s just how he perceives his reality. It’s just how his thinking is making him experience life.

He could be so grateful that he has a business. That he has the courage to create life on his terms. That he has more wealth than 99% of this world. That he GETS to face his challenges, and grow.

What if he saw that actually life was working FOR him? What if he saw how blessed he was with his current challenges, because these are the exact building blocks of his next level?

All of this is caused by quality of thoughts. The facts didn’t change, just the quality of thoughts.

It’s very simple, not always easy, and it’s a process.

But me and my clients are living proof of it. I constantly get feedback of how life is getting so crazy good. And I witness it on my life too. This morning I woke up with my heart almost bursting with so much love and gratitude for everything.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015

You just took me to another level. I'm getting existential.

Let's make it fully mathematical by letting happiness be the derivative of increased effort (y axis) and increasing reward (x axis) to incorporate both pursuit and fulfilment; in essence the math of living life vs just being here. :hilarious:

The transcendental emergent property of being here and doing something worthwhile for yourself and others.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
NOT HAVING TO CONFIRM YOUR LIKE VOTE! IT IS MAKING ME LOSE MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT. WE ARE BIG KIDS. WE KNOW WHAT WE LIKE.
To me happiness is to be in control.

Firstly is health.

Secondly is net liquid assets in possession.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
To me happiness is to be in control.

Firstly is health.

Secondly is net liquid assets in possession.

Net liquid assets are a strict measure of an immediate or near-term liquidity position of a firm, calculated as liquid assets less current liabilities. Liquid assets are cash, marketable securities, and accounts receivable that can be readily converted to cash at their approximate current value

Plus Health to enjoy it...Sounds good to me.

"Off Topic" is very much on. :)

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Net liquid assets are a strict measure of an immediate or near-term liquidity position of a firm, calculated as liquid assets less current liabilities. Liquid assets are cash, marketable securities, and accounts receivable that can be readily converted to cash at their approximate current value

Plus Health to enjoy it...Sounds good to me.

"Off Topic" is very much on. :)
Yes dividend stocks and bonds in my brokerage account. I feel happier and more in control when my portfolio size grows.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
You just took me to another level. I'm getting existential.

Let's make it fully mathematical by letting happiness be the derivative of increased effort (y axis) and increasing reward (x axis) to incorporate both pursuit and fulfilment; in essence the math of living life vs just being here. :hilarious:

The transcendental emergent property of being here and doing something worthwhile for yourself and others.
Wazow
:jawdrop:

.... hours later

Add the variable " being in the present moment" and you have yourself a helix there, mathematico-philosopher bruffa.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Whoever said they have never met a happy millionaire is full of shit. Happiness is not about the money, happiness Is about the person. Happy people will be happy with money or without money. Unhappy people will be unhappy with or without money. The money does not make or break their happiness.

I have felt happy throughout my life, from the beginning when I started out with little, in the process of growing my business, and after I had achieved financial success and been able to do pretty much anything I wanted to do.

Of course like anyone, I’ve experienced some low points, points of discouragement, doubts, and frustrations. but I have always believed in my destiny was in my own hands. I can and will become anything I want to become so long as I am willing to put in the time and effort to actually achieve it.

I think the key to happiness is having a positive outlook, looking for the opportunity instead of the reasons that things can’t or won’t happen. Happiness is about a positive outlook towards the future. Happiness is believing that you can. Happiness is looking through obstacles to the potential on the other side. Happiness is reaching your potential, and then doing a little bit more. Fulfillment is so important in feeling satisfied and happy with your life.

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Wazow
:jawdrop:

.... hours later

Add the variable " being in the present moment" and you've got yourself a helix there, mathematico-philosopher bruffa.
Haha... I'm not even sure what I was aiming for there, but it felt real while I was typing it and that made me happy. :D

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Haha... I'm not even sure what I was aiming for there, but it felt real while I was typing it and that made me happy. :D
This too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uESlFxGVDM

EDIT: well that was useless, I meant this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLOr21GO5VY

Kidding aside (why), here's some really good content on how to be happy and why it's besides the point.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmC6LyO5QI

And this is his little talk on the 12 rules for life.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QHlEbO4OM

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
This too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uESlFxGVDM

EDIT: well that was useless, I meant this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLOr21GO5VY

Kidding aside (why), here's some really good on how to be happy and why it's besides the point.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmC6LyO5QI

And this is his little talk on the 12 rules for life.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QHlEbO4OM
I'm going to have to dig into the Jordan Peterson tomorrow.

I've heard his name tossed around frequently, in conjunction with the phrase "clean your room", but I've always felt my compass was set as properly as possible (for me anyways) in that respect. Tomorrow I'll see if I'm missing any bits and pieces.

Being better can never hurt!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
I'm going to have to dig into the Jordan Peterson tomorrow.

I've heard his name tossed around frequently, in conjunction with the phrase "clean your room", but I've always felt my compass was set as properly as possible (for me anyways) in that respect. Tomorrow I'll see if I'm missing any bits and pieces.

Being better can never hurt!
The biggest predictor of success in life is not intelligence but conscientiousness, not the orderly and organizational aspect of conscientiousness, but willingness to work hard, which has a major impact.

StellaArt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 7, 2019
There is no official definition of the word happiness. For each of us, it means different things. For someone, it's money, love, cars, a good job, etc. For me, happiness is harmony in all spheres of my life. For example, loyal friends, healthy family, great relationships with a significant other and traveling. But it's not the whole list, just its' main parts.

ryss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 25, 2019
IMO a big chunk of it is peace of mind.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
IMO a big chunk of it is peace of mind.

Yes, I've never heard of someone saying they're happy without being at peace.

@StellaArt "Happiness is harmony in all spheres of life"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.