The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Have You Done Today To Get Closer To Your Goals?

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This is meant to be a way to inspire others to action and accountability. Please state in as simple or as complex as you would like what you have accomplished today to get you closer to your fastlane goals. It's been said before by many self help gurus (and it just makes common sense), if you can't track it or measure it, you can't judge your progress.

Let's get started.

Livebig.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

Fixed my editprofile page.
Fixed my Primary and Foreign keys for my database.
Fixed my navigation bar specific to users after they log in.
Fixed my login page.
Fixed my browse page that pulls information from database specific to what the user searched.
Added a css div box for my new navigation bar

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
In my opinion, for an entrepreneur, the most important thing to accomplish every single day is the acquisition of one or more buying customer(s); eg. I sold x today.

Best regards.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Added more clients to our contact list.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Rickson9; focus daily on tasks that bring in more sales / potential sales / customers. Everything else is just busywork or secondary in importance because without sales, you don't have a business.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I forgot where I read this but someone said write your tasks on your mirror so you can't run from them. Everynight I erase what was needed to do for the day and write down tomorrows goals. Without this I would have been doomed it has been one of the most life changing things I've done. It's like a book report is due everyday, you havE to finish what is on the mirror on order to say your done for the day.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Added topics and posts to my forum, need to still do some tweaking to it and start more topics.
It is very hard to start a forum from scratch and get members. The one thing I always tell myself is, all the big forums with 500k members where in my position at some point. That usually keeps me going. lol

neptune

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 19, 2011
1) Reseached keywords for a new ecommerce website that I'm planning to launch
2) Registered a exact match domain name using one of the keywords
3) Installed Wordpress
4) Wrote my first piece of content
5) Listened to The Eagles - Hotel California :eusa_clap:

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I actually showed up at the office...

First step is showing up.

tdt85

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 21, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
I think the most important word here is "focus". There are so many things that can distract us from working on important tasks. For example, for one of my websites, I committed to do a little bit every day, no matter what. As Bob Parsons put it: focus on what you want to have happen, take things a day at a time and always be moving forward.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Ooo oo, I love this game.

Woke up! (A successful day, right?)
Worked out
Meditation (or as close as I get)
Dranks lots o' water
Answered e-mail
Taught a class
Bank Deposit (always fun)
Hair cut
Massage
Lunch
Posting on the forum

Next

Finish up scripting for videos I'm shooting this week
Teach classes
yell at my employees
teach more classes

Probably go out to eat tonight... sushi... mmmm...

Ahh... Lifestyle...

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
I worked diligently on further automating daily activities of my business; we're documenting all of our daily decisions and activities into Procedures to ultimate free me to work on my Fastlane business. Biggest surprise: after three weeks of writing, my staff is STILL stoked about all of this documentation. They see how it will simplify their lives.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Gary, this is pretty cool!

Are you following a template to document these steps? Or each individual is coming up with documentation on their own?

SOPs are a great way to transfer knowledge and find bottlenecks and steps that can be improved, eliminated or automated.

Rep ++

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
Gary, this is pretty cool!

Are you following a template to document these steps? Or each individual is coming up with documentation on their own?

Andviv, I came up with one straightforward template after reviewing a few examples: just a simple statement denoting what the procedure is addressing, then a sequence of numbered steps outlining the SOP. Sam Carpenter's Work the System inspired me. The goal is to keep each one so any reasonable person off the street could accomplish the task or make the right decision.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
Fixed up one of my sites. Took the rest of the day off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.