The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What elective class should I take for my next year of high school?

YoungsterJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2023
Alright first off I just want to get something off my chest. I am a beginner Fastlane and I don’t really know much, I have been learning a couple things but I am not proficient in the Fastlane knowledge so I apologize in advance if I don’t know much of a couple topics. Okay so, I am a sophomore in high school and recently we‘ve been choosing our classes and electives for next year. I was wondering if I should choose a web page development class because I might want to get into coding and start a hustle later on from making websites. Or I could take business law or business management and even an Entrepreneurship class. I was interested on what anybody would think about this. If anybody could give me their opinion on this, it would be very much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Alright first off I just want to get something off my chest. I am a beginner Fastlane and I don’t really know much, I have been learning a couple things but I am not proficient in the Fastlane knowledge so I apologize in advance if I don’t know much of a couple topics. Okay so, I am a sophomore in high school and recently we‘ve been choosing our classes and electives for next year. I was wondering if I should choose a web page development class because I might want to get into coding and start a hustle later on from making websites. Or I could take business law or business management and even an Entrepreneurship class. I was interested on what anybody would think about this. If anybody could give me their opinion on this, it would be very much appreciated.
First I sure wish I read the Fastlane while I was in Highschool!!! So you have a major leg up. Highschool is stressful enough, make sure you take classes you enjoy too. I would recommend a class more in the trades, CAD design, Auto Mechanics, Metal Fabrication, Wood Shop... These classes will provide you with lifelong skills, you build real tangible things, and will learn a ton about engineering, manufacturing, and how things work. In this current world, those are highly sought-after skills. And all make fantastic side-hustles later on (Flipping cars, Custom wood tables, Freelance Engineering etc) At your age the best thing you can learn is real-world skills. Everything else comes easier later on. Cheers!

YoungsterJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2023
First I sure wish I read the Fastlane while I was in Highschool!!! So you have a major leg up. Highschool is stressful enough, make sure you take classes you enjoy too. I would recommend a class more in the trades, CAD design, Auto Mechanics, Metal Fabrication, Wood Shop... These classes will provide you with lifelong skills, you build real tangible things, and will learn a ton about engineering, manufacturing, and how things work. In this current world, those are highly sought-after skills. And all make fantastic side-hustles later on (Flipping cars, Custom wood tables, Freelance Engineering etc) At your age the best thing you can learn is real-world skills. Everything else comes easier later on. Cheers!
Thank you so much sir! I will keep that in mind. High school is definitely not easy but I’ll keep what you have told me in mind and put that into action. Cheers, and thank you!

kendamakid

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 14, 2018
USA
Congrats on being forward thinking. There's going to be a lot of things you can learn while "on the job" and some through your own trial and error. Outside of @Ian Thompson suggestions for hard skills, which is an excellent recommendation, would be public speaking.

With good speaking skills, this will help you in marketing, conveying your ideas to manufacturers, dealing with other business people. Is there a class for public speaking?

Good luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YoungsterJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2023
Congrats on being forward thinking. There's going to be a lot of things you can learn while "on the job" and some through your own trial and error. Outside of @Ian Thompson suggestions for hard skills, which is an excellent recommendation, would be public speaking.

With good speaking skills, this will help you in marketing, conveying your ideas to manufacturers, dealing with other business people. Is there a class for public speaking?

Good luck
Yes actually I was just looking around my schools courses and I managed to come across a Speech Communication class which pretty much is a public speaking class. So, yes! They do have a public speaking class and I will also look into that. I can see why I would need that, thank you very much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.