Hey FLF users. My name is Marvin and I am seeking help in basic entrepreneurship and other accesses to big money. I have a weak GPA in high school, mainly because I am not going to a university as it'd be a complete waste of $ given my current situation. I don't even know if I'll go to college at this point. Currently working at KFC, taking as many hours as I can. I have no issue regarding physical, lengthy work, but at KFC with the health concerns and nasty environment I just wish I could move up. I am willing to go sleepless in order to build my future. I am willing to put forth money. I was sitting on my bed with a $100 iTunes gift card that my cousin gave me for free, trying to combine it with other goods for the new Xbox One, and it hit me; why am I spending all the extra $ my family has, just for some satisfaction for the next two years. I then went into business mode. I always read about wealthy mentioning going without sleep. I have no issue doing this. The problem is I have no clue what to do in the hours where most are sleeping opportunity away. I don't know if or about what I should be reading, researching, etc.
I know this probably doesn't make sense. Let me try to simplify it all. I am 17. My brother (23) works full time at a gas station making little money, my mom has been working full-time for ten years now. My dad has basically lost his ambition and drive for money, only working in real estate for over a year now.
Where do I go from here? College doesn't interest me at all. I don't and won't have the money to pay off college expenses if I just "go with the flow". I want to stay up 24 hours a day and build on my finances. I just do not understand where to go.
If it makes any sense, it'd be a miracle if I could get advice. I want to succeed and let my family relax for the first time in over a decade. I don't want my mom stressed, as she deals with a rude boss at her work and is the only parent supporting the family.
Thanks in advance, and please feel free to ask any questions,
Marvin
I know this probably doesn't make sense. Let me try to simplify it all. I am 17. My brother (23) works full time at a gas station making little money, my mom has been working full-time for ten years now. My dad has basically lost his ambition and drive for money, only working in real estate for over a year now.
Where do I go from here? College doesn't interest me at all. I don't and won't have the money to pay off college expenses if I just "go with the flow". I want to stay up 24 hours a day and build on my finances. I just do not understand where to go.
If it makes any sense, it'd be a miracle if I could get advice. I want to succeed and let my family relax for the first time in over a decade. I don't want my mom stressed, as she deals with a rude boss at her work and is the only parent supporting the family.
Thanks in advance, and please feel free to ask any questions,
Marvin
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
