The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think about my website

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Hey guys /gals I just launched my website for my local tech company, I was hoping for some feedback on its design etc.Also if you can think of any improvements I would appreciate it

motronix.com.au
No www

We are fixing up seo etc right now so that will rank our Google searches

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AquaQuell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 31, 2017
UK
The first thing I noticed is that the site is marked as "not secure". You might be already on it, but make sure you get an SSL certificate ;)

Best of luck

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

Sure, there is: www.motronix.com.au/

Pick one (www or naked -- purely personal taste) as default, stick with it, and setup automatic 301-redirect from the other to the default one.

With the site itself, I feel you're wasting valuable screen real estate on your homepage. Visitors should not have to click a button and go to another page just to find out what you do: your homepage should immediately answer that (preferably above the fold), with the navigation menus only allowing the user to dig deeper. (Reminds me of those flash intro banners of yore!)

And if you're not done with the site, with all due respect please don't waste our time by making us review your site only for you to say you're aware and working on it. First, do your best work. Then ask for help to make it even better.

Last edited:

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Hey,

I like how simple the site is. No clutter, popups asking for my email, location, or offering free pdf.

You'd really benefit from making your offer more clear.

After I landed on the homepage, my main concern was - what do you really offer?
I saw a graphic of people having fun together and two equally weighted CTAs.
- Check out what we offer
- Click here to learn more

I want to learn more about what you offer. Which one do I click?

Then after visiting the two pages, I learned some technical details about some sensors (not really appealing to me) and then I learned your story and how you managed to increase the revenue by 20% after you'd installed the people counters.
See how much effort it cost me to actually learn what you do?

What if you kept the site neat and simple and turned it into a one-pager?
A clear intro with a heading "We help retailers increase their revenue by 20%"
Then elaboration on that "We install people counters that help you determine how and when you lose on sales because of people leaving without buying"
Then a clear list of benefits:
  • compare the number of people entering your store with the number of purchases made
  • identify peak hours which need extra staff
  • monitor your staff and help them serve the customers better
  • increase your sales and annual revenue by 20%
  • get that all with a free trial and 30 days money back guarantee
Then a short comparison between two sensors.
A couple of testimonials from other retailers you helped.
And a clear call to action "Apply for a free trial now!" with your phone number or a contact form.

And I see you built a JS app. If you want to do it yourself and you're not interested in learning all about good design, I'd just use Wordpress or Wix or whatever builder with predefined styles. This way you only need to worry about the information you put there, not the styles.

Good luck ;-)

Last edited:

Ben Adams

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 7, 2017
Florida
You don't say what you're selling on the home page, really your home page serves no purpose whatsoever.

Jonathan S.Diaz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 27, 2018
United States of America
Hey guys /gals I just launched my website for my local tech company, I was hoping for some feedback on its design etc.Also if you can think of any improvements I would appreciate it

motronix.com.au
No www

Hey! If this is your first website, awesome job! It takes quite a bit out of you to build your first one. Some things worth considering:
- Changing the font from 'serif' to 'sans-serif'. It makes the text look old and out of place with the rest of the 'serif' text on the website.
- Adding additional descriptions to the headers. At the moment, your intro website includes two headers:
Helping you grow your business.
and
Want to know why you need a people counter?
I would recommend you add some additional sub-headers describing to clients how you help/achieve this

Best of luck with the biz.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Nothing to do with this thread but if you read whiz's new thread on getting started it might help you with a technique better than your cold calling. Good luck.

D_Benga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 7, 2019
East Coast

motronix.com.au
No www

Try to add some customer reviews with pictures or some other ways to display "Social Proof". That would make the visitors comfortable buying from you. I see you have something under "Price" on motronix.com.au/benefits page how you made extra 20%. But it's always better when there are customer testimonials. Good luck

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Thankyou for the help guys.I CNA see how the home page isn't really serving a purpose, I am going to do what
Sure, there is: www.motronix.com.au/

Pick one (www or naked -- purely personal taste) as default, stick with it, and setup automatic 301-redirect from the other to the default one.

With the site itself, I feel you're wasting valuable screen real estate on your homepage. Visitors should not have to click a button and go to another page just to find out what you do: your homepage should immediately answer that (preferably above the fold), with the navigation menus only allowing the user to dig deeper. (Reminds me of those flash intro banners of yore!)

And if you're not done with the site, with all due respect pl
Hey,

I like how simple the site is. No clutter, popups asking for my email, location, or offering free pdf.

You'd really benefit from making your offer more clear.

After I landed on the homepage, my main concern was - what do you really offer?
I saw a graphic of people having fun together and two equally weighted CTAs.
- Check out what we offer
- Click here to learn more

I want to learn more about what you offer. Which one do I click?

Then after visiting the two pages, I learned some technical details about some sensors (not really appealing to me) and then I learned your story and how you managed to increase the revenue by 20% after you'd installed the people counters.
See how much effort it cost me to actually learn what you do?

What if you kept the site neat and simple and turned it into a one-pager?
A clear intro with a heading "We help retailers increase their revenue by 20%"
Then elaboration on that "We install people counters that help you determine how and when you lose on sales because of people leaving without buying"
Then a clear list of benefits:
  • compare the number of people entering your store with the number of purchases made
  • identify peak hours which need extra staff
  • monitor your staff and help them serve the customers better
  • increase your sales and annual revenue by 20%
  • get that all with a free trial and 30 days money back guarantee
Then a short comparison between two sensors.
A couple of testimonials from other retailers you helped.
And a clear call to action "Apply for a free trial now!" with your phone number or a contact form.

And I see you built a JS app. If you want to do it yourself and you're not interested in learning all about good design, I'd just use Wordpress or Wix or whatever builder with predefined styles. This way you only need to worry about the information you put there, not the styles.

Good luck ;-)
Try to add some customer reviews with pictures or some other ways to display "Social Proof". That would make the visitors comfortable buying from you. I see you have something under "Price" on motronix.com.au/benefits page how you made extra 20%. But it's always better when there are customer testimonials. Good luck
Got no customers as of yet , but will get on that quickly.

Ok thanks for the advice , I will implement it immediately.

NeatStranger

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
Phoenix Arizona
As someone who puts sites like this together regularly. Here are some tips that might have been mentioned above, but just my opinion.

1.) In the beginning while you are obscure, 90% of the people who visit your website are going to take one look at the first thing that pops up, for about 1-2 seconds and then leave. Make sure that they can at least get some information in that time. Make it so that if your grandma were to look at the home page for 1-2 seconds she could figure out what you offer.

2.) I like the call to action, but 2 call to actions is too many. Remove one of them so I don't have to make a choice. This will instinctively lower your bounce rate.

I did a quick mockup fo how I would do it, just personal choice, but choose a different image, slightly opaque cover over the image with text and a call to action. This is sure to convert and looks more modern.
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.11.00 AM.png

3.) FILL THAT WHITE SPACE ON THE HOME PAGE. Put small blips of text here about your product. 90% of your visitors aren't going to another page. Don't waste your homepage like that.

4.) I agree with a sans serif text. With my little available time and high bounce rate, I want to be clear as can be. There is a reason that traffic signs are sans serif.

5.) "Helping you grow your business" and "Want to know why you need a people counter" sound really awkward. Work on your copyrighting skills for sure. These statements are hard for my brain to decipher what you are trying to say. I suffer from this as well just my outside opinion.

6.) For god's sake, keep your button text to 1 or two words. 3 is too many. Especially 4 or five.

7.) Add site navigation to the nav bar at the top of the page. Linking from page to page is not good enough. I need to be able to go to any page i desire at any time.

Anyways, I think you are on the right track, and these are just some things that I think would make your site look more presentable.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 1

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
As someone who puts sites like this together regularly. Here are some tips that might have been mentioned above, but just my opinion.

1.) In the beginning while you are obscure, 90% of the people who visit your website are going to take one look at the first thing that pops up, for about 1-2 seconds and then leave. Make sure that they can at least get some information in that time. Make it so that if your grandma were to look at the home page for 1-2 seconds she could figure out what you offer.

2.) I like the call to action, but 2 call to actions is too many. Remove one of them so I don't have to make a choice. This will instinctively lower your bounce rate.

I did a quick mockup fo how I would do it, just personal choice, but choose a different image, slightly opaque cover over the image with text and a call to action. This is sure to convert and looks more modern.
View attachment 23269

3.) FILL THAT WHITE SPACE ON THE HOME PAGE. Put small blips of text here about your product. 90% of your visitors aren't going to another page. Don't waste your homepage like that.

4.) I agree with a sans serif text. With my little available time and high bounce rate, I want to be clear as can be. There is a reason that traffic signs are sans serif.

5.) "Helping you grow your business" and "Want to know why you need a people counter" sound really awkward. Work on your copyrighting skills for sure. These statements are hard for my brain to decipher what you are trying to say. I suffer from this as well just my outside opinion.

6.) For god's sake, keep your button text to 1 or two words. 3 is too many. Especially 4 or five.

7.) Add site navigation to the nav bar at the top of the page. Linking from page to page is not good enough. I need to be able to go to any page i desire at any time.

Anyways, I think you are on the right track, and these are just some things that I think would make your site look more presentable.
Thankyou very much for the information dude.Will begin altering the website asap

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.