What's new

What do you think about... discount card system

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

hestati

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
140
Location
San Diego, Cali
Rep Bank
$440
User Power: 61%
Problem: Many small businesses have no advertising budget, but have excellent products or services. This is especially true (but not limited) for restaurants, we all know this one restaurant with great food, but it is barely susrviving.

How about a discount system where a business offers say 10% discount for whoever presents a card which they buy for let's say 20$/year. I know there are some discount cards like that out there but they usually 1) Offer very small discounts, like 3-5% 2) Accept not only great, but any business 3)Are usually very local and limited, like offered to students only 4) Accept competing businesess in the same area. What if this idea starts in one city and then goes to national level, cards are accepted in NYC, LA, Miami, Seattle etc. If I am from NYC and come to Seattle and have no idea where to have my breakfast, just look at the card's website directory, choose nearest breakfast place and I know 1) I will get discount there 2) I will get good quality, since there is "quality control" when accepting business in the system.

I left out more details which can differentiate this business from other disount cards, but overall the idea is clear (I hope at least).

Questions:
1) What do you think about it?
2) How would you validate it? I am confused here because I do not know from which end to start. In order to sell cards I need about 20-30 participating businesses in one city, but then to get these, I need to demonstrate them that I have good customer base to offer so that they offer us good discounts (not the useless 2-5%)
3) Where would you start? I mean which city? I know local city makes more sense, but some tourist destinations like Florida have an advantage because cards can be sold to both locals and tourists, kind of like Stockhold Card.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Tu nepz woixt, pu eptxist/dunnipvt... Ot vjot dunqmivi hescehi?

O vjuahjv ecuav ov xjip atif Zimq op Tep Foihu vu gopf citv csielgetv qmedi, ov vaspif uav ov ot "vji citv" cideati vjiz uggis 10% fotduapv gus epzupi xju miewit e dunnipv up Zimq, GC us uvjist. Guuf xet tu tu, qmedi xet fosvz, tnemm qusvoupt. Op gedv, ov xet uas xusti guuf op TF.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom