The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Countries and Places Offer the Best Life Quality?

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Tarifa or somewhere else? How's kiteboarding in Poland? Only possible in the summer because of the temperature or do you do it in a wetsuit year round?

I was thinking about Tarifa where is windy for most of the year or Sevilla.

About Kiteboarding in Poland you have season through June to the end of September. Later on almost everything is closed, it takes time to find a place to sleep or eat and it's really cold. And I am always using wetsuit. Well, one time I didn't use because there was about 30 degrees. Anyway this year was lacking of wind unfortunately.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dark Knight

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Mar 9, 2018
Warsaw
I live in Poland (Warsaw) and want to move into a warmer place in the future. The weather is tragic (cold, rain) for most of the year.

What do you think about Florida? I know that the weather does not drop below 20 degrees for the whole year, but it's raining a lot?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@UnrealCreative LOL taipan tie.

I forgot about a stonefish. The first time I tried standup paddleboarding in Australia, as we were entering the water the guy from the SUP rental company told me to watch where I step because if I step on a stonefish (they were present in the area), I'll suffer for the next few months (that's how long full recovery takes).

You get used to dangerous wildlife, but I think it still affects how much fun you have outdoors when you have to worry about stuff like that. If you aren't into sports and don't spend much time outside of a big city, then obviously it's not really a big deal as you'll rarely, if ever, encounter any dangerous animals.

What do you think about Florida? I know that the weather does not drop below 20 degrees for the whole year, but it's raining a lot?

It's a very humid region, and I prefer drier climates. If you don't mind high humidity, it's not that bad climate-wise - it's warm and sunny year round.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@MTF Any experience with Valencia / Xabia?

Heard Valencia is best in terms of value for money in south Spain, and Xabia looks like an awesome blend of water, mountains, and small town. So very easy to go to the big city (Valencia) and a short 45 min drive for a more relaxing pace.

Also considering staying in one of the "Co-Living" places there:
Sun and Co. | The home to location independent workers (No affiliation)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@MTF Any experience with Valencia / Xabia?

I've been there on a rock climbing trip (twice in the area actually, once closer to Valencia and once closer to Alicante) and mostly spent time around Gandia, but I've been to Xàbia as well (only to hike Montgó, though). Like many small towns in southern Spain, the place tends to be dead during winter but I guess it can be an advantage.

I only passed through Valencia, but it looked slightly decrepit (though maybe it was just one area).

Awesome, awesome rock climbing all over the place in the region. From Xàbia you're not that far away from Alicante, too (about one hour). There are also a lot of hiking opportunities nearby. For an outdoorsy life, it's definitely a good place. If there were consistent surf there (and warmer water outside of summer), it would be even better.

Heard Valencia is best in terms of value for money in south Spain

I think that southern Spain generally is a good value for money, particularly now.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
@Olimac21, it's definitely a huge factor. I myself also greatly prefer warm extroverted cultures even though I'm an introvert. But what's funny is that when I speak the language of a warm culture (like Spanish), I become more extroverted and warm, too. It's incredible how language affects our behavior.

This is so true! For example when speaking English I feel like a total badass or movie star,awesome!
How many languages do you speak?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Hijena1, three including my native language (English is not my native language).

I guess the local language can also be an important factor for some people. I personally don't mind learning new languages, but I know that many people would move only to another English-speaking country which greatly limits their choices.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
@Hijena1, three including my native language (English is not my native language).

I guess the local language can also be an important factor for some people. I personally don't mind learning new languages, but I know that many people would move only to another English-speaking country which greatly limits their choices.

Yeah, what you discover when learning new language is beyond amazing. What technique are you using when learning new language? I was thinking about making the new thread about this subject and it is a valuable tool knowing more then one language.
By far the best technique I stumbled upon (using it right now):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMfg4WkKL8

You can just watch the end. In the nutshell every word needs a feeling, picture, voice, song, color or association... But even with this technique I am having problems learning 3rd language. The progress is just too damn slow.
Do you have better suggestion, how do you do it and how long does it take?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
You can just watch the end. In the nutshell every word needs a feeling, picture, voice, song, color or association... But even with this technique I am having problems learning 3rd language. The progress is just too damn slow.

I read his book sometime ago.

I learn languages through consistent exposure to native speakers. By far the fastest way to learn is to hire a teacher on Italki.com and have regular conversational classes with them.

I also watch a lot of foreign-language TV series as they provide a perfect glimpse into the world of native speakers, including everyday language, common phrases, slang, their gestures, how they interact with each other, etc.

Other than that, whatever you like to do in your native language, do it in your target language. Listen to music and podcasts. Read books or if your level is not high enough yet, children's books or short articles online.

I usually stay away from content created specifically for language learners because I want to understand the real language. Also, when you expose yourself to regular native content, you'll struggle in the same way as you'll struggle once you're surrounded by native speakers (when people speak too fast, don't speak very clearly, use slang, etc.), and this is the key to learn quickly.

I was thinking about making the new thread about this subject and it is a valuable tool knowing more then one language.

Please do that so that we don't derail this thread.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Yeah, what you discover when learning new language is beyond amazing. What technique are you using when learning new language? I was thinking about making the new thread about this subject and it is a valuable tool knowing more then one language.
By far the best technique I stumbled upon (using it right now):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMfg4WkKL8

I really like Gabriel Wyner techniques, it is not a magic pill you have to do the work and use Anki or any other SRS to thrive. My advice would be to initially focus on communication, a lot of people worry to much about the 4 aspects of learning a language in the beginning and lose focus on what is exactly the next step to improve a bit.

Also you have to be constant and learn in a way it suits you, for instance some people love watching series, others are interested in literature/ sports, you name it haha.

For language partners check your local Couchsurfing travellers or use an app like Hello Talk or Tandem to practice.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi
According to me Sweden and Norway are two countries which offer you the best quality life style.

Why?

It's cold, ultra leftist, dark for a good portion of the year, expensive, high taxes, even higher sin taxes...

What's the appeal?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
@AgainstAllOdds

What is the weather like in Chicago between months? I know it is windy and snowy.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Nah man. I like being able to open the window and not think "shit, if I open the window I'm dead."
Lol, I can just see automatically stumbling out of bed, half asleep, in the middle of the night to let the dog out and WHOOOOSH! My final thought being, "Oh yeah, I'm on Mars. F*ck."

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Why?

It's cold, ultra leftist, dark for a good portion of the year, expensive, high taxes, even higher sin taxes...

What's the appeal?
Don't forget the recent migrant issues.

Apo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2019
London
What about Australia? I always heard it is the best country to live by far if you put all key attributes together.
Everything in Australia wants to kill you, spiders, snakes even kangoroos!

Joke aside, it is a tough question I am asking myself, currently living in London and getting depressed with this weather and the cost of life, now it is an amazing city that has a lot to offer... Is it worth the cost??? Not sure...

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
@AgainstAllOdds

What is the weather like in Chicago between months? I know it is windy and snowy.

"Windy City" is a historical terms that comes from "long-winded" political debates, but yeah, it can get windy.

The city sits on Lake Michigan, so your summers are filled with high humidity, and winters with high wind chill. Looking at temperature averages is not representative of how you actually feel when in the city. I had a Kazakh girl tell me that she liked Chicago, but the winters were too cold (look up a map of where Kazakhstan is and their weather to get perspective).

It gets pretty cold and unpleasant for 4-5 months out of the year. If you live in the city, it can also get depressing when it snows and the snow turns to sludge.

But if you learn how to navigate the city, and get the best out of it, then winter time isn't that bad. It's a time when the city hibernates - which is perfect for working out and getting work done. Closer to summer time the city awakens and becomes one of the best places in the world to live in.

I used to think that winter is the worst thing ever, but then spent a year without winter. After that, I don't mind it as much. It's nice to have a little bit of cold a few months out of the year, feel alert and alive.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
Everything in Australia wants to kill you, spiders, snakes even kangoroos!

Joke aside, it is a tough question I am asking myself, currently living in London and getting depressed with this weather and the cost of life, now it is an amazing city that has a lot to offer... Is it worth the cost??? Not sure...

Hey, also in London. I also agree that it's a great city with a lot to do but... the cost is insane. And the weather gives me severe depression for most of the year. I'm considering having my "main base" here in London, but living in cheaper/hotter places around the world every month or so.

Apo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2019
London
Hey, also in London. I also agree that it's a great city with a lot to do but... the cost is insane. And the weather gives me severe depression for most of the year. I'm considering having my "main base" here in London, but living in cheaper/hotter places around the world every month or so.
I second that! That would be ideal! 6.5 months in London but 5.5 abroad! ;)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Might make sense to reduce that a bit. I think if you spend less than 140 days in the UK per year you wouldn't have to pay tax.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London

Yep, you can get some awesome cheap flights into cheap countries and live 2 weeks there, come back, stay long enough to get depression from the weather (enough to want to leave anyway), and jet off again :D

I was really down a few weeks ago when I realized that if I were to stay in London, I'd have to live with my parents unless I wanted all my money to go towards rent (and that's ridiculous... I need money to grow my product). I want my own space but I also love spending time with them on occasion so I figured I could just live with them for a few weeks, live in a cheaper country for another few weeks, rinse repeat. My job is remote so it's perfect. It also keeps any country from becoming boring.

Apo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2019
London
Might make sense to reduce that a bit. I think if you spend less than 140 days in the UK per year you wouldn't have to pay tax.
True but the aim would be to still be a UK resident unless I find a city I want to establish as my "base" and then happy to reduce the time here... Only dreaming at this stage though but working on it! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.