The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what broker do you recommend and why?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I can't say that I am "experienced" although I have been investing in stocks/options since 1999. I currently use Fidelity for my retirement accounts. I have 2 Etrade accounts. I just recently opened an account with optionsxpress. Reasons: I wanted to keep my retirement accounts separate from my other accounts. The commissions are a little higher but my trading is somewhat less. Also, there is a brick/mortar office within 30 minutes so if I have a problem I can get in someone's face.

Etrade: I like the website and because I have become accustomed to it, navigation through the site is easy for me. Optionsxpress because they offer portfolio margin. It seems like the commissions are slightly lower as well.

I have used Schwab and Ameritrade in the past. Not that they were bad, but I just moved funds from Schwab to Etrade about 7 years ago. Ameritrade was fine. As you can see, everything I like to do is online.

1320Trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Im using Scottrade and I haven't had any problems so far. What kind of trading are you going to be doing? Swing, Day, Long term?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I use Ameritrade for stocks.

OptionsXpress for options.

I recommend both ... Ameritrade has a lot of free tools if your account is valued over $500K. Advanced Analyzer is what I use to screen stocks.

TradeStation is exceptional too however I've yet to fund that account.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I use Etrade and OptionsXpress. I'm happy with both.

Edit: I just noticed that I'm the first Senior Member here. :party:

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
I use scottrade because the exection is fast, the customer service is excellent, and the fees are cheap.

Their research tools are not impressive, but when you get some money in yor account (above 250k,) you get scottrade elite, which rocks!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Is Scottstrade less expensive than Ameritrade?

Also, which offers the best/most features?

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
I use Ameritrade (since the 90's) and optionsXpress since the first year it opened. They are both excellent. As MJ states, other services are better for a day trader such as TradeStation or CyberTrader. Brokers like these require approx. 40k shares traded each month to qualify for their best plans (per share structure).

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I use USAA and Sharebuilder. Both work for me. Sharebuilder didn't have great customer service when I called them to confirm information on my Sharebuilder tax statement. I currently have nothing in that account.

Tom

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I primarily trade options through Think or Swim. Most people I know use them or OptionsXpress or IB.

wesrosstx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 24, 2007
Dallas, Tx
I use Choice Trade. I have a small portfolio and they offer $5 trades. I have not had a problem with them in the last 3 years. The system is easy to use but it is stripped out so no bells and whistles. I like E-trade's platform but I can live without it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I was thinking about setting up with Scotttrade, anyone with quams about them? it will be a sub 25k account so i wont get all the supergood stuff to start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.