• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Book What are your top 3 entrepreneurship books?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by PetePreneur, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PetePreneur

PetePreneur Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $848
    Mine would be:

Zero to One - Peter Thiel

Purple Cow - Seth Godin

Thank You Economy - Gary Vaynerchuk

ADD YOURS TOO!!!

Mikkel, Jaren and Scot like this.
  2. cmor16

cmor16 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,840
    I only have 2:

1) The Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco
    2) Unscripted - MJ DeMarco

3. PetePreneur

Rep Bank:
    $848
    Ah yes- Of course I meant Millionaire Fastlane too! :blush:

cmor16 likes this.
  4. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,506
    If we're talking about starting/running a business.

The E-Myth Revisted by Michael Gerber

Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson

The Lean Startup by Eric Ries

Obviously I wouldn't even be here without The Millionaire Fastlane opening my eyes.

5. AArora

AArora Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $572
    Fastlane and Unscripted.. seriously. Not just lipservice @MJ DeMarco

6. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,106
    1. The Millionaire Fastlane
    2. The Millionaire Fastlane
    3. The Millionaire Fastlane

7. Ivan M.

Ivan M. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $835
    I have several, but my top 3 would be:

1.) The Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco
    2.) Unscripted - MJ DeMarco
    3.) Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill (classic book and still a great read)

Kennypaul, AArora and PetePreneur like this.
  8. DaanM

DaanM New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $32
    1. TMF
    2. The ultimate sales machine - Chet Holmes
    3. How will you measure your life - clayton christensen

PetePreneur likes this.
  9. Van Halen

Van Halen Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $170
    A seriously good book is outwitting the devil by Napoleon hill. Theres alot of unscripted stuff in there.

10. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,799
    +1
    +1

DeletedUser052, PetePreneur and Scot like this.
  11. PetePreneur

Rep Bank:
    $848
    Do any of you guys use Blinkist to help you with books?

12. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $64,669
    First two that popped into my head (other than MJ ones):

- Do The Work (or) The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
    - The One Thing by Gary Keller.

Given that most of us entrepreneurs face a tremendous amount of resistance in our lives and have very lofty goals, these two books expertly address those two very things.

Do The Work and War of Art personifies "resistance" and is extremely and highly relatable to the struggles that creators face. If you've ever struggled to do something so stupidly easy as write an email because you just weren't 'feeling it' that day and no matter how logically you wanted to you couldn't bring yourself to do it, even if it would take 30 seconds, well this book is for you.

The One Thing is just all-around amazing but really does a good job explaining how focusing on just one thing at a time can bring amazing results. I'd say it's a VERY good summery of MOST other entrepreneur books out there as well. I think I enjoyed it about as much as TMF in terms of my reaction to reading it the first time. I was really impressed with it.

TheCj, Kingmaker, Saiful and 8 others like this.
  13. Jamaal

Jamaal Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $118
    I used Blinkist for a few months... I feel it's great if you really don't have the time to read full books and if you like to listen to bite size summaries through audio while riding in the car, but nothing beats reading the full book as blinkist can only fit so much in their short summaries.

PetePreneur likes this.
  14. Jaren

Jaren New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $22
    Unscripted was the wake up call that got me on my way, but if I were to choose 3 other books it would be
    1. Success Attracts Success
    2. Bold: How to go big
    3. The Start-Up J Curve

PetePreneur likes this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke ARRIVE. RAISE HELL. LEAVE. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,098
    Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. - Ron Chernow
    Steve Jobs - Walter Isaacson
    Benjamin Franklin: An American Life - Walter Isaacson
    Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future - Ashlee Vance
    Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future - Peter Thiel and Blake Masters

1.) The Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco
    2.) Unscripted - MJ DeMarco
    3.) Do The Work - Steven Pressfield
    4.) The War of Art - Steven Pressfield

16. TTG SS

TTG SS Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,158
    1. Unscripted
    2. TMF
    3. The One Thing / The Slight Edge

Kingmaker and PetePreneur like this.
  17. PedroG

PedroG Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,278
    - TMF
    - Awaken the Giant Within
    - DotCom Secrets

Haven't read unscripted yet. I need to read about 2 more books before I get to that one.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    PetePreneur likes this.
  18. Saiful

Saiful Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $201
    The ONE Thing by Gary Keller

Kingmaker, Siberia and Process like this.
  19. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,942
    Easy!
    • How To Win Friends And Influence People - Dale Carnegie
    • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert B. Cialdini
    • The Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco
    These three books forever altered the course of my life and all the dealings that I have with everyone around me. Nothing else has had such a huge impact on my life.

As such, these three books also get read at least once a year (probably for the rest of my life)

Superkid, Kak, ChrisV and 3 others like this.
  20. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,772
    The E-Myth Revisted by Michael Gerber

Just received it today and looking forward to using it to blow some startup cobwebs out of my head.

21. papi016

papi016 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Kennypaul, PetePreneur and MJ DeMarco like this.
  22. Rawseed

Rawseed Legendary Lurker Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $825
    I'll give you my top three that haven't been mentioned.

Essentialism by McKeown
    Competing Against Luck by Christensen
    Primal Branding by Hanlon

PetePreneur likes this.
  23. momomaurice

momomaurice Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $874
    Shoe Dog
    Fastlane
    E Myth

PetePreneur likes this.
  24. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,776
    These aren’t specifically Entrepreneurship, but they’re absolute must read:

24040556.jpg
    Many scientific and philosophical ideas are so powerful that they can be applied to our lives at home and work and school to help us think smarter and more effectively about our behaviour and the world around us. Surprisingly, many of these ideas remain unknown to most of us.

In Mindware, the world-renowned psychologist Richard Nisbett presents these ideas in clear and accessible detail, offering a tool kit for better thinking and wiser decisions. He has made a distinguished career of studying and teaching such powerful problem-solving concepts as the law of large numbers, statistical regression, cost-benefit analysis, sunk costs and opportunity costs, and causation and correlation, probing how best to teach others to use them effectively in their daily lives.

In this groundbreaking book, he shows that a course in a given field--statistics or economics, for example--often doesn't work as well as a few minutes of more practical instruction in analyzing everyday situations. Mindware shows how to reframe common problems in such a way that these powerful scientific and statistical concepts can be applied to them. The result is an enlightening and practical guide to the most powerful tools of reasoning ever developed--tools that can easily be used to make better professional, business and personal decisions.​

Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking by Richard E. Nisbett

Read the description of the book on goodreads, it says it all.

This book is so fundamental to accurate thinking. It takes the things being taught about the scientific method and allows you to apply them to real life. Accurate thinking may sound boring, but flawed reasoning leads to flawed results.

Probably even more important than Mindware is this book, The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today:

mooddddd.jpg
    Are you a part of the bad mood epidemic? Here are the answers you've been looking for!

Julia Ross’s plan provides a natural cure for your mood. Drawing on thirty years of experience, she presents breakthrough solutions to overcoming depression, anxiety, irritability, stress, and other negative emotional states that are diminishing the quality of our lives. Her comprehensive program is based on the use of four mood-building amino acids and other surprisingly potent nutrient supplements, plus a diet rich in good-mood foods such as protein, healthy fat, and certain key vegetables. Including an individualized mood-type questionnaire, The Mood Cure has all the tools to help you get started today and feel better tomorrow.

The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today". I posted a thread on another forum about her books and it started a sh--storm. Like page and pages of people saying it changed their lives. They’re books about nutrition and she explains how nutrition drastically improves our mood, focus and performance. It’s not fluffy self-help crap. It’s real, actionable advice.

If you read the reviews on Amazon/Goodreads you’ll see:

This book is a miracle. Can't say enough. Who knew that a fifteen-year anxiety problem could be caused by a dietary problem. I made a few changes to my diet and took some amino acid supplements, and the problem went away. It's a quick read, and the explanations make so much sense. This is one of those books that you wish you could share with everyone.

I started implementing the recommendations in this book, and I'm feeling better in less than a week! I only started with one supplement so if I improve, then I'd know exactly what was working. There's one more I want to try now.

My next one is, of course:

51Ihnen8KfL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Life. Liberty. And the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

It is waking up in the morning and pinching yourself black-and-blue that OMG, this is my life, and it is freaking awesome. You live in your dream house, but there's no mortgage. No alarm clock, no boss, no bills. No claims on the day's time other than what you choose. It is making more money before breakfast than you made for an entire week at your last job. It is a crazy expensive car parked in your garage, a victorious symbol that your dreams no longer sleep in fantasies, but are awake with reality.

Make no mistake, this life exists. I know, because it has been mine for nearly 20 years. And in a few short years, it can be yours as well. Better, you won't need 5 tedious decades of soul-suffocating frugality, thankless jobs, and patient investing with our trusted friends on Wall Street.

Unfortunately, you have been SCRIPTED to believe that such a life is out of your reach, or only possible for a certain type of person; someone with a certain college degree, a certain amount of VC funding, or a certain LinkedIn network of connected friends from Stanford. I am here to tell you, that none of it is true.

While I have been entrepreneur most of my life, I am no one special. You won't read about me over at Tech Crunch or in some Silicon Valley newsletter. While I have been an internet entrepreneur since the old "you've got mail" AOL days, I have never been funded by venture capitalists, I have never had a payroll with more than 5 people on it, and I have never studied computer science at school.

Despite this, I am able to create profitable businesses that create the type of UNSCRIPTED life described above. We are talking five- and six-figure monthly profits with valuations in the millions. Although I have had two successful exits, do not let that scare you; it is just a welcome side effect of the process.

Make no mistake, UNSCRIPTED is not about some trendy new marketing tactic that becomes ineffectively overused within months. It's not about stock-market fairy tales and depriving yourself of life's luxuries; Amazon already has a gazillion books on such trash. UNSCRIPTED was written to change your life.

It was written for you if life has become hopeless and dissatisfying. It is for you if your weekday is held hostage by the bribery of its paycheck. It is for you if you are sick of the suck and tired of the tiresome: the breakroom gossip, the office politics, the managerial butt-kissing, and whatever else boils when multiple human beings are tossed in a box and tasked with corporate minutia. It is for you if you yearn for the creative autonomy to pursue work that matters. It is for you if you have X-ray vision and can see what your parents cannot; that life's formulaic, scripted template has become dated and flawed.

But most importantly, UNSCRIPTED is for you if you have been an aspiring entrepreneur far too long, someone who cannot turn a corner, turn a break, or turn a profit. Someone who might already own a business, but like a job, it just steals time and barely keeps the bill-paying treadmill moving until next month.

So, if you are ready for the challenge, get ready for a sh*t-your-pants revelation that everything you have been taught is bullsh*t. Legendary bullsh*t.

Paradigm shift?

Heck no. The problem is the paradigm itself. You have allowed the paradigm to set the rules, call the shots, and dictate the decisions. The problem is, you have allowed ordinary thinking preached by ordinary people to produce exactly that; an ordinary life. The paradigm shift is realizing the paradigm is sh*t.

Start leading life, instead of life leading you

Anyway, those re my three all-time favorites.​

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Kennypaul and PetePreneur like this.
  25. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $828
    1.The Millionaire Fastlane.
    2.Unscripted.
    3.The 10 pillars of wealth(by Alex Becker).
    (So much value in these books and Becker could be MJ's brother from another mother):cool:

PetePreneur likes this.